Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-24-2007, 02:39 PM   #15
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
...Yeah, I know. length. But they should do it like that or not at all IMO.
Look at Pirates of the Carribbean 3. THAT WAS LONG!!! But I enjoy long movies.
Transformers was 2.5 hours long.

I like long movies that can keep your interest. You really get your money's worth instead of a 87 minute long movie minus 15 minutes for previews.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:59 PM   #16
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Aw man I feel so behind. I am only 1/4 of the way through book 6 and I still havent seen the 4th or 5th movie! For almost 2 years I totally forgot about HP and was only 1/4 through the 5th book during that whole time, crap.
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:03 PM   #17
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
Sure, give all the examples you want lol. I am going to wait until it comes out and buy it anyway.
Well, in the 5th movie. They "found" the room of requirement. In the book, it was Dobby the house elf, if I remember right, that told Harry about the room. And this is when Dumbledore admitted that he had to go to the bathroom really bad once, and found a bathroom (the room of requirement) where he didn't know there was one.

There were many others, but they could have left this in.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:50 PM   #18
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Well, in the 5th movie. They "found" the room of requirement. In the book, it was Dobby the house elf, if I remember right, that told Harry about the room. And this is when Dumbledore admitted that he had to go to the bathroom really bad once, and found a bathroom (the room of requirement) where he didn't know there was one.

There were many others, but they could have left this in.

You will definitely have to let me know when you finish the last book so we can discuss I don't care how retarded I sound, these are my absolute favorite books! I had heard that Rowling was thinking about writing another book to go with the series? Seems like since she has made so much money on the series, it would be the smart thing economically to do... I was sad when I finished the Deathly Hallows because I was like "...oh... there isn't another one to read...hmm... damn."
Old 07-25-2007, 01:11 AM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Saw the movie tonight at the IMAX. It was pretty good. There was nothing SUPER special about it. It was, at least for me, a kind of stepping stone book (or a filler) to get to the last movie. Sorry if I offend anyone here w/ that. It WAS a good movie, but just not that great. I'm suprised. I really liked the first and second. The third was pretty good. 4th...yeah. But I'm afraid I can't figure out if it's the storyline, directing, or what...but it's losing something for me.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:33 AM   #20
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Saw the movie tonight at the IMAX. It was pretty good. There was nothing SUPER special about it. It was, at least for me, a kind of stepping stone book (or a filler) to get to the last movie. Sorry if I offend anyone here w/ that. It WAS a good movie, but just not that great. I'm suprised. I really liked the first and second. The third was pretty good. 4th...yeah. But I'm afraid I can't figure out if it's the storyline, directing, or what...but it's losing something for me.
Probably the fact that so much had to be cut out for the movie.

Things in the 5th movie seemed to advance pretty quickly, where in the book it was done at a more normal pace.

I won't go so far as to say it was a GREAT movie, but certainly a good entertaining one though.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:35 AM   #21
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
You will definitely have to let me know when you finish the last book so we can discuss I don't care how retarded I sound, these are my absolute favorite books! I had heard that Rowling was thinking about writing another book to go with the series? Seems like since she has made so much money on the series, it would be the smart thing economically to do... I was sad when I finished the Deathly Hallows because I was like "...oh... there isn't another one to read...hmm... damn."
From what I heard, Rowling is considering a book on Dumbledor's life.

Not really a Harry Potter, but still within the HP universe.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:57 AM   #22
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
From what I heard, Rowling is considering a book on Dumbledor's life.

Not really a Harry Potter, but still within the HP universe.

Yeah, I had heard that she is planning on writing an Encyclopedia for Harry Potter... She's supposed to tell where everybody was before Hogwarts and what they decided to do after they left Hogwarts. I wonder what Harry's parent's did as an occupation? I don't think it was ever mentioned.

The 5th book is very thick, and I can understand how they probably couldn't fit every little detail into the movie. I'll just have to wait and see the movie for myself I guess. I know the 1st and 2nd movies had the same director and after that they changed and got other directors. But like I said before, I'll still end up buying the movie to go with the other 4 I have. I admit that I will more than likely cry when I finally do get to see it lol.