Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-13-2015, 01:14 PM   #1
sixt3denied

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS BLACK w NOS
My Nytrex Triple Threat Install Thread

Hey all, started my Nytrex triple threat install on my 2012 V6. Although so far not difficult, the directions are missing some info.

If anyone can answer my questions it would be greatly appreciated! Please forgive my ignorance with these questions!!!

First question is installing the jets. I have identified the correct jets for fuel and NOS but it does not show where they go. I have installed them inside of the N-T nozzle, before screwing on the 90 degree nozzle adapters.I would imagine that this is where they go but there is no picture in the instructions. Is this correct? Next question is where am i supposed to use the thread sealant? I know it says to use on all NPT fittings, not on flared fittings. I'm a little confused as to which fittings are NPT and which are flared. For example, in the last picture - where the 90 degree elbow fittings connect to the N-T Nozzle - (the jets are installed under these fittings (if i put them in the correct spot) - should i be using the liquid thread sealer there? Can anyone look at my pics and let me know if i should/shouldn't be putting thread sealant on these spots?

Where the blue (NOS) line connects to the Triple Threat Assembly valves (Picture #3) - it seems like i can tighten the blue NOS line forever. it never gets very tight. It will get snug but then will loosen up again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Images

BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers

Last edited by sixt3denied; 07-19-2015 at 02:15 PM.
sixt3denied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:24 PM   #2
sixt3denied

Anybody?
BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers
Old 06-14-2015, 09:27 AM   #3
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
I would have to look at my Zex kit, but I was thinking the jets fit inside the nozzle and the fittings the AN lines hook to hold them in.

On a side note, you should never have to use thread sealer on AN fittings. They are designed so seal on their own. I only have thread sealer on pipe fittings, then it is very sparingly and I use the paste. Never use the tape. If a tiny piece of that gets in the lines and clogs a jet or solenoid you would be fighting trying to diagnose that for ever.

As for the line not tightening up, it sounds like something might be stripped. Look at the fittings closely.

Also, go to Nytrex's website. They have instructions to download...
110028 - Triple Threat Camaro 5 Nitrous System

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:43 AM   #4
sixt3denied

Yeah i dropped the jets inside the N-T nozzle, and they get secured via the screw on 90 degree adapters - so i think i have that right but i was surprised there's no picture or a more detailed description about installing the jets.

The kit came with liquid thread sealant. I ended up putting a little on most connections - I was VERY careful to not get any near the top of the connectors to minimize risk of any getting inside. I just find it strange that these lines will be pressurized with fuel and N2O but they don't seem secure enough to not leak. I haven't hooked up the fuel line yet, or run the N2O line to the trunk. Unfortunately that will have to wait another week so i wont know until then if everything is tight & holding pressure.

I'll double check the N2O connection to see why it doesn't appear to fully tighten up.

Do you by any chance think you can pop open the cover of your fuse panel under the hood and take a picture of where you have the fuse/power wired in?

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2015, 11:04 AM   #5
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Make sure the fittings where the the Nitrous jets install to the y block are secure or u will get a vacuum leak..I had it happen to me. The thread sealer is used on fittings going into solenoid block

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:28 AM   #6
sixt3denied

So I got electric wired up. Got purge line installed although I'm not thrilled with its location. I have the heritage grill. Doesn't seem to be a good spot to mount the purge block, and I don't want to have to take the grill off. And when i had it near the middle, you could see the metal tubing through the grill, so i opted to move it closer to the side for now. For now its between 2 of the grill blades. I bought a custom grill emblem. Gonna try to mount the emblem over the purge block when it arrives, otherwise i'll paint the purge block black to hide it better.
Attached Images

Old 06-14-2015, 11:33 AM   #7
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Up to u where to mount the purge..I have mine blow out back of hood near windshield. I believe etmx183 has his point to cold air box. I originally did that but the issue is I wouldn't be able to see when the clear stops and Nitrous comes out, so I changed so I can see when the Nitrous starts to purge thru.

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:37 AM   #8
sixt3denied

Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
Up to u where to mount the purge..I have mine blow out back of hood near windshield. I believe etmx183 has his point to cold air box. I originally did that but the issue is I wouldn't be able to see when the clear stops and Nitrous comes out, so I changed so I can see when the Nitrous starts to purge thru.
Yeah, if the emblem i ordered doesnt cover it, i'm gonna find a different spot for it. For now i'm more worried about getting everything wired and working and praying i have no leaks... lol
Old 06-14-2015, 11:52 AM   #9
sixt3denied

Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
Pm'd you with a question...
Old 06-26-2015, 01:58 AM   #10
BlueN20Camaro
Banned

Drives: 1LE LS3
You can always call for help. Nytrex emails help as well
BlueN20Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:40 AM   #11
sixt3denied

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueN20Camaro View Post
You can always call for help. Nytrex emails help as well
Yes, i actually did call DEI for questions on their NOS system, and they were extremely friendly and helpful. Definitely impressed with their customer service.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:36 AM   #12
BlueN20Camaro
Banned

Drives: 1LE LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixt3denied View Post
Yes, i actually did call DEI for questions on their NOS system, and they were extremely friendly and helpful. Definitely impressed with their customer service.
They really helped me out a lot I love them. Any help call the pros man they saved my LFX back in the days a few times more than I'll admit
BlueN20Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:39 PM   #13
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Nytrex has GREAT support for their products and I ran the NYTREX for over 2 years and over 400 nitrous runs. I switched to Nitrous Outlet because I wanted to go bigger than that system could handle. I have installed 25 - 30 NYTREX systems for other folks and can now do them in about 2.5 - 3.0 hours depending how they ( want/where ) their switches mounted. I will say that my wiring is different from the recommended way NYTREX shows but stick with what they tell you. I'm a Tech by trade with an electrical background so I tend to do things different sometimes. This system you be very happy with.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 03:59 PM   #14
sixt3denied

Finally got the Nitrous all set up and got the bottle filled. Purge relocated to right in the middle of the grill, Shoots out like a V.

So I started with a 50 shot. Underwhelmed but i guess thats expected with a 50 shot. Shot up to redline pretty damn quick - lol.

Tomorrow gonna up it to a 75 shot. Not gonna go over 75 until i get a tune...

I installed remote bottle pressure gauge, and afr gauge. I need to get the bung welded in for the afr probe. Right now the gauge is flashing 7.5 (error) because no probe is installed.

I got the remote bottle opener on its way. Should be arriving next week. The last thing is the heater. Damn they are expensive! Still shopping around for a good one. Took a big sigh of relief that everything worked perfectly, no leaks, nothing blew up...
Attached Images