Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #57
CleanCutCreations

Drives: 2010 camaro
Got anything in the works with bigger line than 1/4? I'm a 3/8"-1/2" line kinda guy. I don't have all day to stand there airing this sucker up to show a customer that I put adjustable suspension on their car.
1/4 is HELLA SLOOOOOOOW....

Last edited by CleanCutCreations; 04-15-2010 at 01:38 PM.
CleanCutCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:24 PM   #58
JadeWBJ

Drives: 2003 Infiniti M45
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutCreations View Post
Got anything in the works with bigger line than 1/4? I'm a 3/8"-1/2" line kinda guy. I don't have all day to stand there airing this sucker up to show a customer that I put adjustable suspension on their car.
1/4 is HELLA SLOOOOOOOW....
It's not supposed to be able to bounce and rapidly drop like hydros. The 1/4 lines only take a few seconds to go from full up to full down.

I did the fronts and rears separate just to show it but you could do all at the same time if you wanted. I also let off for a second when doing the rears, you can see the hesitation in the video.

They go quite fast enough for me, like I said it you want quick dumps etc that is more of a hydro thing.

Is it possible to embed a youtube on here?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZwE09ZdlTc
JadeWBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #59
CleanCutCreations

To embed a vid just do this:

(u2b) *** (/u2b)" Just replace the *** with your vid ID number and replace ( )with [ ] then it will show up.

When typed in the post it should look like this:

Above is our '57 chevy stepvan named SNOW SLED. It is our catering truck for our company St Louis Snow Cone. SNOW SLED has 1/2" line, Airride Technologies BIG RED valves, dakota digital pressure gauge, 2 380 Viair compressors and 2 10 gallon tanks and weighs over 6000 lbs.

I'm not looking to hop on air I am just not into the slow speed of 1/4 line. Especially if you are driving low and you want to get it up for a problem in the road. You sure want the fast rise of something other than 1/4" in that scenario.....In my opinion the effect of 1/4" and paddles is lost when compared to the fast movement and loud sound of electric valves when at a show. I can tell you from being an airride installer for over 13 years that this is imperssive at a show. I'm not knocking the product you are showing at all. In fact, I can't wait to install a set. I am just asking if they are available/modifiable for larger line. If I bagged a 2010 Camaro at my shop I would be installing the struts along with electric valves, that's for sure. Paddles just aren't my thing.

Last edited by CleanCutCreations; 04-18-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:15 AM   #60
JadeWBJ

Drives: 2003 Infiniti M45
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutCreations View Post
To embed a vid just do this:

(u2b) *** (/u2b)" Just replace the *** with your vid ID number and replace ( )with [ ] then it will show up.

When typed in the post it should look like this:

Above is our '57 chevy stepvan named SNOW SLED. It is our catering truck for our company St Louis Snow Cone. SNOW SLED has 1/2" line, Airride Technologies BIG RED valves, dakota digital pressure gauge, 2 380 Viair compressors and 2 10 gallon tanks and weighs over 6000 lbs.

I'm not looking to hop on air I am just not into the slow speed of 1/4 line. Especially if you are driving low and you want to get it up for a problem in the road. You sure want the fast rise of something other than 1/4" in that scenario.....In my opinion the effect of 1/4" and paddles is lost when compared to the fast movement and loud sound of electric valves when at a show. I can tell you from being an airride installer for over 13 years that this is imperssive at a show. I'm not knocking the product you are showing at all. In fact, I can't wait to install a set. I am just asking if they are available/modifiable for larger line. If I bagged a 2010 Camaro at my shop I would be installing the struts along with electric valves, that's for sure. Paddles just aren't my thing.

Thanks for the tip on the posting a youtube.

I just cant see myself being able to recognize a problem in the road while at speed, getting to my switches (all 4 of them) and trying to raise them while maintaining control of the car. It wouldn't matter how fast the lines work.

The only way I can see that working is if you added the digital controller with an "emergency height" as one of the settings. I've never used one so I am not sure if its as easy as a single button to control them.

For me making it bounce around like the snow cone video is never something i would even consider doing. I like the air for the ability to fine tune the suspension to different driving conditions and being able to set it on the ground at shows. If I come up on a speed bump it would be in a parking lot and its easy to adjust for that. If I am speeding down the road and see and pot hole or dip I slow down or avoid it if I am low.

With the Camaro being a performance car I can't see the need to have rapid movement.
JadeWBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:53 PM   #61
CleanCutCreations

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeWBJ View Post

The only way I can see that working is if you added the digital controller with an "emergency height" as one of the settings. I've never used one so I am not sure if its as easy as a single button to control them.
We have this on all of our airride cars at the shop and I recommend this digital controller to all of my customers. This is what the Airride Technologies Ride Pro digital controller is useful for. It has several pre-programable ride height settings. One of the settings can be for an "all up" situitation at the touch of one button.

The video I posted of SNOW SLED is extreme at best and it just shows the ability of the larger line to quickly raise and lower a vehicle for the most visual impact. One minute to raise and lower a vehicle is just not impressive to show spectators......You can't hold their attention for that long. Maybe In 1999 when airride wasn't everywhere and all that was available was 1/4" line, but not today.

Cool video. Glad to help out on the Youtube Embed Code!

Do you have a video of the Camaro on air? I would love to see it.

Last edited by CleanCutCreations; 04-19-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:18 PM   #62
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
Quote:
Originally Posted by tims69z View Post
Yes 22"x10" rear 20"x9" front, The kit from Air Lift will be available either the end of this month or middle part of May. Call Jesse from Air Lift for more info.
What wheels are those? They look amazing
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #63
CleanCutCreations

Air Ride Technologies will have a system available for the Camaro in May of this year. I will post pics of their suspension parts as they become available. I am told that the system will consist of a strutbag replacement for the front and a Shockwave for the rear. Available in all size line from 1/4" to 1/2". This will be compatible with all of their electric air management equipment.
We will soon be looking for a testbed vehicle for an upcoming Super Chevy magazine install article using the new Air Ride Technologies suspension products for the Camaro. PM me for details.

Last edited by CleanCutCreations; 04-19-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #64
1uvakindSS

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse@AirLift View Post

I cant wait for this kit to come out.

but ive got a few Question for Jesse.

Pic 2 above shows the front strut/bag fully aired up. Now ive owned other cars with airride on them an to me it looks like if you even let half the air outta the bag it would rub the tire. An if you fullu aired out the bag would be sitting on the tire? Can you please give me more info or pics on cleareance. I would hate to have to drive with it aired up all the time. I like to drive as low as possable with airride.

question 2. 1st pic shows a rear strut but the upper mount is wrong. Do you have pics of the strut an mount? an also any photos showing the rear on the car?

And to the guys that have already posted in this thread that have the airlift kit. If you have any pics of the said above could you please post those pics? Thanks.
1uvakindSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:47 PM   #65
Jesse@AirLift

Drives: 2010
There is plenty of tire clearance with the front kit. Just a odd angle in the pic. We designed our own rear upper mount. There is a good amount of articulation going on when you lower the car and the factory stuff will not do the job.
As far as I know we cruise about 2.5-3" lower than stock there is also room to cruise lower.
We know its not smart to cruise aired up all the way. Thats why we have been around for 60 years. Everything is covered on this kit for user pleasure.
Jesse@AirLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:43 AM   #66
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
Quote:
There is plenty of tire clearance with the front kit. Just a odd angle in the pic. We designed our own rear upper mount. There is a good amount of articulation going on when you lower the car and the factory stuff will not do the job.
As far as I know we cruise about 2.5-3" lower than stock there is also room to cruise lower.
We know its not smart to cruise aired up all the way. Thats why we have been around for 60 years. Everything is covered on this kit for user pleasure.
Thats exactly what I wanted to hear!

Theres no issues even if my front tires are wider than stock? I'm going to run 22" 275's up front.

I like to cruise as low as possible! Hoping to cruise around at a 3inch drop, and then if your cruising a show maybe another 1/2 inch lower? And then of course park aired out
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #67
1uvakindSS

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Thanks for your reply Jesse thats what i wanted to hear.

Now tell what else i wanna hear lol price an when can we buy it?

Also any pics of the rear upper mount?

I saw a few new pics of the Tjin camaro on the airlift facebook page. Looks totally awesome, Also saw this pic, is this the camaro kit?

If so looks like a clean kit. cant wait to own one.
1uvakindSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:34 AM   #68
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
Where's mine at?????
Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:25 AM   #69
Slammer

Drives: G8 Maloo
Jesse
The rear bag is it a 4" rolling sleeve or 5 "?
Whats the load rating at 100psi and max continuous psi?
Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:44 AM   #70
SikMaro

Drives: 2004 CTS, Arrived! 2ss/rs ABM!
Here is mine with the newest kit from Air Lift!!! The best kit soon to be on the market!

1100 - 09-24-09 1st Step
3800 - Born 10-27-09
6000 - 11-11-09
SikMaro is offline   Reply With Quote