Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #589
Botoasy

Drives: 2015 RRM 1LE
Alright so I am going to the track again this weekend, since it is opening back up. Now last time I was running a 14.3 with headers, intake, and a tune. My current set up has a ported IM and manifold spacer. Don't have the stock pirellis, I have hankook ventnus v12's now. should i lower the psi in the rear? if so to what? I would like to get my 60' time down without switching wheels/tires etc
Botoasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #590
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botoasy View Post
Alright so I am going to the track again this weekend, since it is opening back up. Now last time I was running a 14.3 with headers, intake, and a tune. My current set up has a ported IM and manifold spacer. Don't have the stock pirellis, I have hankook ventnus v12's now. should i lower the psi in the rear? if so to what? I would like to get my 60' time down without switching wheels/tires etc
Some people in my group lower theirs to 25-26 i believe. But i dont know the best setting really just what ive heard
Old 02-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #591
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Some people in my group lower theirs to 25-26 i believe. But i dont know the best setting really just what ive heard
Thats right...I wouldn't go below that...I'd try 26 - 28 psi range.

I don't know at what elevation you are running at, but in the right conditions you should have a 13 second car for sure. Spin the tires a bit before lining up. At the line I'd launch at just over idle..maybe 800 - 1000 rpm.

Post up your slips when you get back!
Old 02-20-2013, 01:25 AM   #592
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Ah, back in the V6 Performance forums. Glad to see so many familiar faces and a lot of new ones as well. Haven't been paying much attention to this lately because everything left to do to my car, I'll never be able to afford

I just have to live vicariously through you guys with your cams, heads, turbos, and SCs.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:38 AM   #593
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Ah, back in the V6 Performance forums. Glad to see so many familiar faces and a lot of new ones as well. Haven't been paying much attention to this lately because everything left to do to my car, I'll never be able to afford

I just have to live vicariously through you guys with your cams, heads, turbos, and SCs.
Haven't seen you in here in so long! What mods do you have on the car? Ever considered starting a build thread?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:46 AM   #594
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Haven't seen you in here in so long! What mods do you have on the car? Ever considered starting a build thread?
Everything that costs less than $1000 , except for I'm planning on my ICE-olator this summer and the ported TB. So that's basically catback, long tubes, res-x, CAI, catch can, Brembos w/ pedders lines, Trifecta tune and suspension. I want to do more with the suspension as well sometime.

I don't think I'll ever have the funds to drop $6k at once on FI or two grand on cams. I want the new roots blower that Tracy is developing right now really badly, but gotta be realistic. Student loans and leaving grad school into a dead economy does not add up to disposable income

And I don't have the patience or a unique enough build to make a build thread. Pretty much all of your cars are the same as or more modded than mine lol
Old 02-20-2013, 01:53 AM   #595
lscamaro

Wow, the car has quite a bit of mods. What do you have suspension wise? I might start to do suspension soon so im looking for impressions from people who have already tweaked theirs

Old 02-20-2013, 02:02 AM   #596
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Wow, the car has quite a bit of mods. What do you have suspension wise? I might start to do suspension soon so im looking for impressions from people who have already tweaked theirs
Nothing major, just springs and swaybars. I got the Eibach Pro Kit and have been very satisfied with it except for the sway bar bushings have a tendency to squeak. People tell me this is because the installer didn't grease them properly when they installed them, but I don't have the tools, know-how, or space to get under the car and redo it properly. The springs and sway bars are the best mod I've ever done to this car, bar none. It makes the car feel like a sports car, completely changes the drive characteristics, and makes the car look a whole lot better as well. For $600, it's a no-brainer.

For the price compared to Pedders, Pfadt, and the others, I would highly recommend Eibach. I have probably 30k miles on the kit and haven't had any problems other than I did shear through the control arm bracket like many others with sway bars have done. Not the fault of Eibach, again, installer error.

If money were to suddenly start pouring out of my a-hole, I would love to slap on a set of BC Racing coilovers and do a full bushing install (Pedders or BNR). Coilovers are freaking expensive though. The bushings themselves aren't expensive, but the install is. Lot of work, apparently. Sadly, each morning I check and I'm still not producing any money in that way.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:24 AM   #597
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
^ I feel you as I am a senior paying tuition out of pocket and have a child and house bills and fat bulldog bills. . .

Thats why I was only allowed to do one major upgrade this summer which is springs and sways.

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:54 PM   #598
jdcvictory11
Sonja

Drives: '11 LT/RS, '95 Camaro Conv.
Hello all. My name is Jessie and I am addicted to C5. I just finished catching up on the reading of this forum. I have a an '11 LT. It is stored now and I have a pile of mods to install when I return stateside in roughly 37 days. can't wait.
jdcvictory11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #599
lscamaro

What you got waiting to be installed buddy?

Old 02-22-2013, 01:34 AM   #600
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Yeah dude, what mods
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:34 AM   #601
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyk-NO View Post
^ I feel you as I am a senior paying tuition out of pocket and have a child and house bills and fat bulldog bills. . .

Thats why I was only allowed to do one major upgrade this summer which is springs and sways.
I hear you. I don't even have any kids or a house yet and I have a hard enough time finding much disposable income.

Not complaining by any means. I mean I drive a nice car, have a solid roof over my head, and my belly is always full. Not having enough for a supercharger I don't need isn't such a big deal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-22-2013, 02:57 AM   #602
jdcvictory11
Sonja

Drives: '11 LT/RS, '95 Camaro Conv.
Quote:
What you got waiting to be installed buddy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Yeah dude, what mods
Well, let me see, Euro 33 gloss black wheels, color match heritage grill, NS-3 stripe kit, dual color halos and fogs, after burner tail lights, ghosted side markers and a catch can. Next on the list will CAI and cat back exhaust.
jdcvictory11 is offline   Reply With Quote