Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #99
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyd View Post
Yep I'm a relative newbie to this forum :-). Understood, and you may be right. Done quite a bit of reading....I'm focusing on performance upgrades right now..got the LT's on w/cats, getting Gibson exhaust next week, Trifecta Tune, airaid intake and throttel body spacer, next up is a custom turbo from a local performance shop....I'm wondering considering the thorough write ups I've read, and my car only having a 1,050 miles on it if I should invest in this in light of the way I will be running it? Or is it something that can wait in your opinion?
I'm not sure how bad this issue is on the V6 stock. Add the turbo and surely it would be helpful. You can always pull the air intake tube off at the throttle body and have a look at the back side of your throttle body blade. If it's oily behind the blade then you could use one. Here is a thread I started a while back about my LS3.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=PCV

Hope this helps.

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #100
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Yep I'm a relative newbie to this forum :-). Understood, and you may be right. Done quite a bit of reading....I'm focusing on performance upgrades right now..got the LT's on w/cats, getting Gibson exhaust next week, Trifecta Tune, airaid intake and throttel body spacer, next up is a custom turbo from a local performance shop....I'm wondering considering the thorough write ups I've read, and my car only having a 1,050 miles on it if I should invest in this in light of the way I will be running it? Or is it something that can wait in your guys' opinion?

Just a few questions for you Willyd; for a person who has done quite a bit of reading I am wondering when do you plan to go to turbo's because the long tubes you now have won't work with the turbos. If you were after performance and did quite a bit of reading I am wondering why you went with the Airraid and not the INJEN long tube. And lastly if you did a quite a bit of reading I was wondering why you went with a throttle spacer body spaced that hardly anybody else has used and even found that they don't do anything for this engine.

Just asking since you like to question others I thought I would put you on the spot to respond to a few questions that I was thinking about while reading your last post.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #101
willyd

Drives: Victory Red 2011 Chevy Camaro 2LTRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Just a few questions for you Willyd; for a person who has done quite a bit of reading I am wondering when do you plan to go to turbo's because the long tubes you now have won't work with the turbos. If you were after performance and did quite a bit of reading I am wondering why you went with the Airraid and not the INJEN long tube. And lastly if you did a quite a bit of reading I was wondering why you went with a throttle spacer body spaced that hardly anybody else has used and even found that they don't do anything for this engine.

Just asking since you like to question others I thought I would put you on the spot to respond to a few questions that I was thinking about while reading your last post.
Wow, I was referring to the oil catch can situation when I said I've done a lot of reading. I came across a performance shop here locally that I decided I wanted to work with because they're very reputable, on doing a turbo set up, after I had installed the long tubes- I decided to do this. This turbo set up will include hardware that will allow us V6er's who get the kit to be dyno tuned-my car will be the guinea pig. As for the BBK's they're currently up for sale and I have DT shorties on the way as I knew and know they can't be used with a turbo platform. I simply wasn't initially planning on doing a turbo. I ordered the Airaid and throttle body spacer before ever being on this forum via a website., but am happy with the results the airaid has produced. I hope this answers your condescending questions. Lastly, as for my "questioning" of anyone, I never questioned SC, I simply relayed that I felt some of his post were off putting to a potential buyer, which they were, like myself. I have the right to do that. We discussed it and moved on. Quite surprised by the negative tone of your post, but life will go on. Look forward to the turbo

Last edited by willyd; 03-19-2011 at 06:01 PM.
willyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #102
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Wow, I was referring to the oil catch can situation when I said I've done a lot of reading. I came across a performance shop here locally that I decided I wanted to work with because they're very reputable, on doing a turbo set up, after I had installed the long tubes- I decided to do this. This turbo set up will include hardware that will allow us V6er's who get the kit to be dyno tuned-my car will be the guinea pig. As for the BBK's they're currently up for sale and I have DT shorties on the way as I knew and know they can't be used with a turbo platform. I simply wasn't initially planning on doing a turbo. I ordered the Airaid and throttle body spacer before ever being on this forum via a website., but am happy with the results the airaid has produced. I hope this answers your condescending questions. Lastly, as for my "questioning" of anyone, I never questioned SC, I simply relayed that I felt some of his post were off putting to a potential buyer, which they were, like myself. I have the right to do that. We discussed it and moved on. Quite surprised by the negative tone of your post, but life will go on. Look forward to the turbo

No negative tone in my voice. I was just asking. I see many people come on this forum and post many things with out doing some research first hand. I was thinking you may have fallen in that category with your purchasing the LT's first but now switching to turbo and realize you need to go with the short's. Same with the Airraid and throttle body. I personally spent months researching my combo before making the plunge. I certainly was not looking to get into a debate over any of this with you. Matter of fact just the opposite. I see way to much bickering in this FORUM between many folks. Almost didn't post that thread but thought I should based on I wanted to hear your answers and at the moment I am not allowed to send PM's, otherwise I would have done it that way instead. (whole other story). Hopefully you take this as a no harm no foul and we too can move on as we both LOVE our V6 Camaro's and should do the best to promote them not bicker over them............
Old 03-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #103
willyd

Drives: Victory Red 2011 Chevy Camaro 2LTRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
No negative tone in my voice. I was just asking. I see many people come on this forum and post many things with out doing some research first hand. I was thinking you may have fallen in that category with your purchasing the LT's first but now switching to turbo and realize you need to go with the short's. Same with the Airraid and throttle body. I personally spent months researching my combo before making the plunge. I certainly was not looking to get into a debate over any of this with you. Matter of fact just the opposite. I see way to much bickering in this FORUM between many folks. Almost didn't post that thread but thought I should based on I wanted to hear your answers and at the moment I am not allowed to send PM's, otherwise I would have done it that way instead. (whole other story). Hopefully you take this as a no harm no foul and we too can move on as we both LOVE our V6 Camaro's and should do the best to promote them not bicker over them............
No worries at all. Thank you for following up and clarifying. I'll keep everyone posted on the turbo kit and how it works out for me, and when it goes into mass production. You think posting my BBK's is worth it on here? I got the stainless steel with the high flow cats less than a week ago in mail for $850, I am going to sell for $810 with free shipping. Do things sell on here pretty quick or should i go a different route? Thanks for the input
willyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:54 PM   #104
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
No worries at all. Thank you for following up and clarifying. I'll keep everyone posted on the turbo kit and how it works out for me, and when it goes into mass production. You think posting my BBK's is worth it on here? I got the stainless steel with the high flow cats less than a week ago in mail for $850, I am going to sell for $810 with free shipping. Do things sell on here pretty quick or should i go a different route? Thanks for the input
your welcome. List it both here and another forum for Gen 5 V6's only. Along with anywhere else you can for free for now. Watch one of my MRT videos for help on the other forum I am referring too.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:11 AM   #105
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
I'm wondering considering the thorough write ups I've read, and my car only having a 1,050 miles on it if I should invest in this in light of the way I will be running it? Or is it something that can wait in your guys' opinion?
You can wait if you want to, but I wouldn't. After seeing the amount that came out in one oil change cycle I wish I'd done mine sooner. As crazy as it sounds, Tracy is the guy you need to contact when it comes to the "beer can" for the forced induction. He has a version just for the forced induction and I know he installed his can or cans on Gretchen when they slapped the turbos on it.

I wonder if I could get a vinyl-wrap of a Budweiser can done up. Hmmm.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #106
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Last year a guy with a Nissan truck that airbrushed a RX can to look exactley like the Monster energy drink can.....did an awesome job.

Also I want to clarify that we actually did add two 1/4 NPT x 3/8" fittings to a beer can (JB welded in) as a joke and it did catch plenty of oil.....in fact about the same as several cans on the market and had app the same amount of pull through oil passing through it. Thats why the "Beer Can" reference.

If I followed the standard "mine is better/bigger/cooler than yours" mentallity that so many do I would never praise and rate competitors products as highly as I do as it goes against the standard business practice of never give your competitors any quarter.

This is not only with products, but other performance shops as well that many long term members here see me commonly praise competing shops, their projects, and their skills.

So what may be taken as "unprofesional" is just the opposite, I just state the facts and science of it all good or bad, and never disparage another supporting vendors products on a forum. They pay good money to be supporting vendors and if I have nothing good to say about an offering I dont even mention it, but give praise and acknolwedgment where its due.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:17 AM   #107
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Still waiting on my breather....
Old 03-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #108
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Cyber grey, correct?
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #109
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Cyber grey, correct?
Lol, no. That's the one I have. I need synergy green
Old 03-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #110
Vince69

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT (about to purchase)
Hey guys just a quick question since were talking about the catch can and the PCV problem. Has anyone simply tried changing the PCV inlet filter that goes into the Intake manifold? I was asking my teacher the other day and he says I should try doing that before buying a catchcan because it's a cheaper and it might fix the problem for the excessive oil in the intake. Just wanna hear what anyone else has to say about this.

Edit: I'll take that as a no? C'mon there has to be one guy in this entire forum who's heard this solution before.

Last edited by Vince69; 03-22-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Vince69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:21 AM   #111
tylerng1999

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS
Which RX Catch Can?

Which RX Catch Can should I get, there's an RX speed works billet can and a RX performance can.
tylerng1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:48 AM   #112
FistfulofSam

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS ABM
Can someone link me this RX can please?
FistfulofSam is offline   Reply With Quote