Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
if6was9

Drives: '10 LT1 RS (ABM), '69 Firebird 400
Window tint questions

Hoy all, I guess this question would fall in this category. I'm having my windows tinted tomorrow, and thought I'd ask owners who have had this done a question or two. How are the door windows done since they drop for the doors to open? And are there any points I should watch out for? I've never had this done professionally.
Also I found out, there's now a film that has ceramic qualities, and was told this helps with heat issues. True, or is it a bunch of malarkey? It adds $100.00 to the price.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
Spade Kreations

Drives: 2010 Camaro
For windows that crack open when the doors are opened and shut the installer should heat the bottom edge after installing the film to cure it to the glass and prevent it from peeling. Ceramic film does help keep the interior cooler (we install it and I have it on my car) but you need to do all the windows including the windshield for it to be effective. The lightest shade is your best bet on the windshield.
Spade Kreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:46 PM   #3
JamesMyBoy

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Had my windows done last month, but I'm not sure how they it. I assumed that they've ran into this issue many times before my car got there. Maybe there's a way to fake the window into thinking the door is shut when it's open?
Old 08-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #4
jcamaro37f

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
I wonder if anyone noticed their dimming rearview and side view working after tint. Any one care to chime in?
Old 08-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #5
Spade Kreations

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMyBoy View Post
Had my windows done last month, but I'm not sure how they it. I assumed that they've ran into this issue many times before my car got there. Maybe there's a way to fake the window into thinking the door is shut when it's open?
It is very common these days. Different manufacturers use different buttons or latches that activate the window but all you have to do is tape or clamp the button/latch so that it thinks the door is still shut. Then the window stays up while you are working on it.
Spade Kreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:06 PM   #6
GRNWTHENV

Drives: 2011 Synergy 1LT RS
When I got mine done I was wondering the same thing. I believe you can flip the latch up and the window will stay up.