Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
whitediamond

Drives: 10 ctsv
Removing rotor pack from case.

Hey people, I'm a new member and came over from ctsv forum. I have a 2010 ctsv and figure I could give some feedback along the way since we share almost the same drive train.

Any how was looking to see of anyone knows how to remove the rotor pack from the supercharger case.

Thanks guys
whitediamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
The Baron

Drives: 2013 zl1
yes, look at my blower port thread.. its a page or two back.. what do you want to know?
The Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
The Baron

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=blower+port
Old 12-26-2012, 05:02 PM   #4
whitediamond

How do you get the rotors out of the case?I know unbolt the back plate but what next.do you have to press the couplet hub off by pressing the rotor shaft towards the back of the case?

Thanks
Old 12-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
The Baron

after you take the snout off, you pull the coupler out and the piece behind the coupler on the shaft has to be pulled off. you have to have a puller to pull the hub out of the case on the front of the rotor.. then you have to press it back on when you reinstall the rotors..its not hard, but you have to be smarter than the toys you work with.. i sat and looked at it for a while then i took a steel disk I had in the shop, drilled three holes in it and found bolts that were long enough to work.. i used the case as the mount and just tightened the bolts.. kind of like a balancer puller.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
whitediamond

Baron you are the man! I was thinking of pressing it out by using the case as a shoulder for the hub but I knew it was aluminum and I didn't want to damage the needle bearing. I have some 1/2 aluminum stock Ill use and tap it. Also I was looking to get new grease and it seems the nye rheotemp 500 is what to use which I found at zzperformance

I appreciate the info, I cant believe I missed that one. Old age must be kicking in....lol
Old 12-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #7
The Baron

yes, the bearing will not come apart when you take the rotors out.. i had to do this because the blower on my cts-v actually had a bearing failure, or we thought it was..somehow the bearing actually got sucked dry (thinking by looking at the grease trail when i reinstalled the snout it did not seal all the way and a vacum sgnal got in the coupler sapce because you could see the grease trail right out of the rotor hole into the couple space.) i got lucky and the bearing had no damage. i regreased it and put it back together..its not that big of a deal if you can build the puller yourself.. you dont have to clock the rotors or anything because of the rear gear plate holding them together...
Old 12-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #8
The Baron

hint, i used a long socket and just tapped the hub back on the rotor.. it needs to be seated all the way or the snout will not sit back on the blower case...i just tapped on it, set the coupler in there, set the snout on it, and did this a couple of times until it was seated all the way. you can see the pics in the thread..
Old 12-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #9
whitediamond

Just made it. Can't thank you enough I'll post up pics of the port job I'm going to do too
Old 12-27-2012, 02:53 AM   #10
The Baron

Looks just like mine..lol