Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Did anyone else hear about a driving school at B.J.'s auction

I swear I heard a comment from the auction-guy (sorry - I'm not familiar with the proper name; I'm not an auction-type...) about a high-performance driving school in NV for this car?... Does that mean the auction included that event for the buyer, or, I wonder, if that's going to be an option for all ZL1 buyers...

If a high-performance driving school is part of the ZL1 purchase, standard or option, would anyone be interested? If you're interested, how much would you think is reasonable to spend?

I know I'd like to go, but I'm not sure if I'd pay to go. There are many things I know I could learn, however, I have plans for any money that would go toward that. JMVHO.

What say yous guys?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
actireman

Drives: 2011 denali hd2500
Yes,I heard it. They may do it with the ZL1. They do it with the ZR1 and will also do it with the new COPO Camaro.
actireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by actireman View Post
Yes,I heard it. They may do it with the ZL1. They do it with the ZR1 and will also do it with the new COPO Camaro.
Did I miss an official announcement? That's why I was surprised. I don't recall anything from GM...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 09-26-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
fiascoes1
SoCalRaceTeam new-b!

Drives: 2012 ZL1/WHITE/BLACK STRIPE
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I swear I heard a comment from the auction-guy (sorry - I'm not familiar with the proper name; I'm not an auction-type...) about a high-performance driving school in NV for this car?... Does that mean the auction included that event for the buyer, or, I wonder, if that's going to be an option for all ZL1 buyers...

If a high-performance driving school is part of the ZL1 purchase, standard or option, would anyone be interested? If you're interested, how much would you think is reasonable to spend?

I know I'd like to go, but I'm not sure if I'd pay to go. There are many things I know I could learn, however, I have plans for any money that would go toward that. JMVHO.

What say yous guys?
Yes it was a lesson from Ron Fellows, I think 300-400 would be reasonable. I doubt Rick Hendrick needs that lesson though.
fiascoes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #5
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
It was announced as a "warmer-upper" comment during a break in the bidding. My interpretation was, it was a one-time this-deal offer. From Fellows.

But, hey, a hell of a good idea! Just like the ZR1 buyers get, at Spring Mountain or Mosport.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Did I miss an official announcement? That's why I was surprised. I don't recall anything from GM...
The way I interpreted what was said during the auction was that the winning bidder of the CFM ZL1 gets two days at the driving school at Spring Mountain included as part of the package for having the winning bid.

I don't believe the Spring Mountain driving school is an option that will be included for all of those who purchase ZL1s. Of course, one can purchase two days at the Spring Mountain driving school on one's own if one so desires.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:03 PM   #7
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascoes1 View Post
Yes it was a lesson from Ron Fellows, I think 300-400 would be reasonable. I doubt Rick Hendrick needs that lesson though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
It was announced as a "warmer-upper" comment during a break in the bidding. My interpretation was, it was a one-time this-deal offer. From Fellows.

But, hey, a hell of a good idea! Just like the ZR1 buyers get, at Spring Mountain or Mosport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
The way I interpreted what was said during the auction was that the winning bidder of the CFM ZL1 gets two days at the driving school at Spring Mountain included as part of the package for having the winning bid.

I don't believe the Spring Mountain driving school is an option that will be included for all of those who purchase ZL1s. Of course, one can purchase two days at the Spring Mountain driving school on one's own if one so desires.
OK - thanks guys I was kinda' thinking along those lines, but the thought of how cool that would be got me pretty excited. For a few hundred bucks I'd certainly be interested in going, but much more would bite too much into my budget

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 09-26-2011, 06:34 PM   #8
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
OK - thanks guys I was kinda' thinking along those lines, but the thought of how cool that would be got me pretty excited. For a few hundred bucks I'd certainly be interested in going, but much more would bite too much into my budget
The winning bidder gets a two day driving school from Ron Fellows. For those of us who did not win the bid, we get a 30 second school on how we thought we were bad ass drivers until the pros from Ron Fellows School showed us how much we really DID NOT know.
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #9
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I'm already concerned about keeping the price down on this car.....pretty please don't inflate it with a mandatory driving school purchase. :(

Let me do that later, on my own.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:13 PM   #10
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Talking

The way I interpreted the comment as it was made was this:

The commentator was talking about the ZR1 driving experience at the auction. In the sentence immediately after discussing the ZR1, he mentioned there is a driving school for all ZL1 buyers. My take was he meant to say ZR1because it was a ZR1 we were all watching the girls ride in. It seemed to me to be a mistake simply because the ZL1 was on his mind even though he had just been discussing ZR1. DunnO????? Although it does make sense to have a ZL1 drive school option.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:38 PM   #11
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post

The commentator was talking about the ZR1 driving experience at the auction. In the sentence immediately after discussing the ZR1, he mentioned there is a driving school for all ZL1 buyers. My take was he meant to say ZR1because it was a ZR1 we were all watching the girls ride in. It seemed to me to be a mistake simply because the ZL1 was on his mind even though he had just been discussing ZR1. DunnO????? Although it does make sense to have a ZL1 drive school option.
It wouldn't be the first time this has happened...nor the last.

iirc, MotorTrend's article about the 580hp announcement called it the "ZR1" in the middle of the article, after naming it correctly numerous times above...they corrected it, but it happens!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #12
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:

The winner of the auction, Rick Hendrick gets the driving school free, OK $250,000. Everybody else has to pay for their own driving school.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #13
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
My wife thinks she has to attend before driving it LOL
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:32 AM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
My wife thinks she has to attend before driving it LOL
Were you guys going M6 or A6? With all the suspension and transmission modes, I hope she realizes it's not like driving a 500 horse' musclecar from years ago. Traction and Stability control are going to make ZL1 driveable any day (except the obvious snow-type weather). If she's into performance driving, I know that I'd want a little more tutoring

I agree with Dragon', too. If there is any such school, please make it optional. I need all the $$$ I can get to go toward the car and SPEED!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"