Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #29
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
I'm in Orlando on business. Check my old posts on my 2010 and the paint issues. I'd love to talk about your issues and my resolutions but I'm not sure how to do it without spending a bunch. I'm on roaming...

Pm me. I moved from 2010 with 1 day left on bumper to bumper to an order for a 2013 and added the dual mode exhaust for 3700 out of pocket. Must 2010 was an 8000 mile car never driven in rain.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #30
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Ok, I gave GM the ok for one last attempt at the repairs, the car goes in Monday. Prior to the car going in I will have in writing an agreement to buy back the car should the repairs not meet my satisfaction. Wish me luck!

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Keep us updated!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #31
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
Some of the issues are ones that there are no reasons why it can't or shouldn't have been fixed. A squeaky seat? The only way you should have such a problem after the seat has been replaced is if there is a defect in the seat track or the seat is not bolted down tightly/not mounted properly. The Mylink & Frameless mirror was a brand new feature for 2013 so they probably are going to be problematic on 2013 models. I would definitely go with route #1 and see what happens after it's been worked on. I question the quality of service you got when you have taken your car in for the problems you listed above, because probably at least one of if not all of those problems should have been repairable with no issues after that point. There can only be so many possible problems with a squeaky seat, same with the mirror as it probably should have been replace with a new unit, and same with the Mylink, and if they did go refurbished on the mirror & radio, I'd demand brand new parts to be used.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #32
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
...my assumption is 2 and or 3 would still be available to me should the fixes fail again.
Never assume anything with car dealerships/manufacturers. I would get it in writing that #2 and #3 would be available if #1 does not work THE FIRST TIME. You obviously would prefer the car be fixed so you can keep it, so give the field tech a chance. If they fail to fix it this time, I would probably go with #2 with a full amount buy-back (if that's possible). Best of luck!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #33
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangKiller-SS View Post
I question the quality of service you got when you have taken your car in for the problems you listed above, because probably at least one of if not all of those problems should have been repairable with no issues after that point.
Right. I have dealt with a Honda field tech in the past and he was far and above the regular techs in his skill/knowledge level. I imagine the GM FTs are as well.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #34
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Some of the issues are ones that there are no reasons why it can't or shouldn't have been fixed. A squeaky seat? The only way you should have such a problem after the seat has been replaced is if there is a defect in the seat track or the seat is not bolted down tightly/not mounted properly. The Mylink & Frameless mirror was a brand new feature for 2013 so they probably are going to be problematic on 2013 models. I would definitely go with route #1 and see what happens after it's been worked on. I question the quality of service you got when you have taken your car in for the problems you listed above, because probably at least one of if not all of those problems should have been repairable with no issues after that point. There can only be so many possible problems with a squeaky seat, same with the mirror as it probably should have been replace with a new unit, and same with the Mylink, and if they did go refurbished on the mirror & radio, I'd demand brand new parts to be used.
^This^ This stuff should be fixed with no problem. What's the deal with the people fixing it? I say don't get rid of your car for those kind of problems. I bought a 2000 Silverado brand new back in August of 99. It had some issues during the first year of owning it. I was upset with the trips to the dealer. Got the bugs worked out and I still got the truck today with about 207K miles on it, and it has been and still is a great truck, very dependable. So hang in there. and what about those header plans?
Old 06-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #35
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
option one....you must have bad luck buying cars made on mondays or fridays.....
Old 06-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #36
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
I'm in Orlando on business. Check my old posts on my 2010 and the paint issues. I'd love to talk about your issues and my resolutions but I'm not sure how to do it without spending a bunch. I'm on roaming...

Pm me. I moved from 2010 with 1 day left on bumper to bumper to an order for a 2013 and added the dual mode exhaust for 3700 out of pocket. Must 2010 was an 8000 mile car never driven in rain.
Sorry, just got back to the computer, maybe we can speak tomorrow.

Quote:
I agree and these are the same things I have been bringing up to the GM rep. I wonder if these issues, along with my other issue will prompt them to look into the quality of the service department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Never assume anything with car dealerships/manufacturers. I would get it in writing that #2 and #3 would be available if #1 does not work THE FIRST TIME. You obviously would prefer the car be fixed so you can keep it, so give the field tech a chance. If they fail to fix it this time, I would probably go with #2 with a full amount buy-back (if that's possible). Best of luck!
You are right! As I mentioned above, I will have a letter prior to it being at the dealer for the repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
^This^ This stuff should be fixed with no problem. What's the deal with the people fixing it? I say don't get rid of your car for those kind of problems. I bought a 2000 Silverado brand new back in August of 99. It had some issues during the first year of owning it. I was upset with the trips to the dealer. Got the bugs worked out and I still got the truck today with about 207K miles on it, and it has been and still is a great truck, very dependable. So hang in there. and what about those header plans?
Re headers: Matt from FSP probably wants to kill me. In any case he is on standby, once I get by these issue resolved (hopefully next week), headers are going in. Hell, I'll be so happy if this gets resolved I may have him add an ECS SC to my order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
option one....you must have bad luck buying cars made on mondays or fridays.....
just my luck

Thanks to everyone for the support and great words of advice, it's greatly appreciate. I am hopeful that in the end I will be happy as a pig in sh$t!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #37
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
I say don't get rid of your car for those kind of problems. I bought a 2000 Silverado brand new back in August of 99. It had some issues during the first year of owning it. I was upset with the trips to the dealer. Got the bugs worked out and I still got the truck today with about 207K miles on it, and it has been and still is a great truck, very dependable. So hang in there.
Definitely some solid advice. And as mentioned, keep us updated on everything as well!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #38
NoleLife

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
Sorry to hear that Nyrfan, I definitely feel your pain. I've been having some trouble with my 2013 2SS that I took delivery of in November of 2012 as well...

Continual Onstar Light
Rattling from backseat at times (comes and goes)
The silver bezel around the RPM gauge dash enclosure has pulled away from the dash (possibly cracked retaining clips?)
Poor and clunky shifting from 1st to second and second to third (grinds at times under moderate acceleration even when shifting slowly, with the clutch to the floor)
And lastly, rattling from a lift rod.

I had the car into the dealer I bought it from out of town for the lifter rod sound and they said it was definitely a noisy lifter. They replaced it and it sounded perfect for a day and then came back. I took it to the dealer in my city and they said "It's not serious enough to warrant taking the engine apart again. Drive it normally, and if it gets worse then bring it back in". I asked if its causing problems right now (gas mileage, power) and they said it shouldnt. I asked if the problem is progressive and they said "Could be!"..... GREAT! So Im supposed to drive the car, and if it breaks down on me on a road trip then I am left stranded in the middle of no where, plans cancelled, and a several hundred dollar tow trip back home? Fantastic....

I had been in contact with the Chevrolet Customer Srv account on here (Reggie was the poster) and he said he put in an issue for me in their system and would contact the dealer when I had it in the second time. They never heard from them. I was also told I would be contacted by a District Manager or something similar to discuss my options (because while I will sit here and wait out the problem, I am NOT happy about having a brand new car that cost almost 40grand having these issues with only 6k miles on it). But I NEVER heard from anyone......

So luckily, you are better off than me - at least they have given you options. No one will even talk to me or give me a straight answer.

All I can think about is if the engine is going to die on me the second the warranty is up, screwing me. Family has been long time loyal Chevy Owners (6 vehicles currently) but this is leaving a sour taste in my mouth for any future *new* purchases.
NoleLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #39
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleLife View Post
Sorry to hear that Nyrfan, I definitely feel your pain. I've been having some trouble with my 2013 2SS that I took delivery of in November of 2012 as well...

Continual Onstar Light
Rattling from backseat at times (comes and goes)
The silver bezel around the RPM gauge dash enclosure has pulled away from the dash (possibly cracked retaining clips?)
Poor and clunky shifting from 1st to second and second to third (grinds at times under moderate acceleration even when shifting slowly, with the clutch to the floor)
And lastly, rattling from a lift rod.

I had the car into the dealer I bought it from out of town for the lifter rod sound and they said it was definitely a noisy lifter. They replaced it and it sounded perfect for a day and then came back. I took it to the dealer in my city and they said "It's not serious enough to warrant taking the engine apart again. Drive it normally, and if it gets worse then bring it back in". I asked if its causing problems right now (gas mileage, power) and they said it shouldnt. I asked if the problem is progressive and they said "Could be!"..... GREAT! So Im supposed to drive the car, and if it breaks down on me on a road trip then I am left stranded in the middle of no where, plans cancelled, and a several hundred dollar tow trip back home? Fantastic....

I had been in contact with the Chevrolet Customer Srv account on here (Reggie was the poster) and he said he put in an issue for me in their system and would contact the dealer when I had it in the second time. They never heard from them. I was also told I would be contacted by a District Manager or something similar to discuss my options (because while I will sit here and wait out the problem, I am NOT happy about having a brand new car that cost almost 40grand having these issues with only 6k miles on it). But I NEVER heard from anyone......

So luckily, you are better off than me - at least they have given you options. No one will even talk to me or give me a straight answer.

All I can think about is if the engine is going to die on me the second the warranty is up, screwing me. Family has been long time loyal Chevy Owners (6 vehicles currently) but this is leaving a sour taste in my mouth for any future *new* purchases.
Sorry to hear about your issues. it really does suck when we have to go through issues like this, hopefully it all works out for both of us. Because I love the car I not going to give up without a fight. That's why I wrote this post because I knew I'd get the needed support to help push me through it.

Anyway GM asked me to list ALL my issues and give it to the dealer when I bring the car. I totally forgot about the speedo bezel, so thanks for the reminder.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 06-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #40

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I'd go option one, but if it still isn't fixed instead of them buying back the car, see if they'll install a couple of the new Racarro seats free of charge to eliminate the squeeking...lol...

My-Link, On-Star...eh, whatever on those...lol...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #41
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I'd go option one, but if it still isn't fixed instead of them buying back the car, see if they'll install a couple of the new Racarro seats free of charge to eliminate the squeeking...lol...

My-Link, On-Star...eh, whatever on those...lol...
Now there is a solution I'd be very happy with! Lol

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 06-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #42
NoleLife

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
Quote:
Sorry to hear about your issues. it really does suck when we have to go through issues like this, hopefully it all works out for both of us. Because I love the car I not going to give up without a fight. That's why I wrote this post because I knew I'd get the needed support to help push me through it.

Anyway GM asked me to list ALL my issues and give it to the dealer when I bring the car. I totally forgot about the speedo bezel, so thanks for the reminder.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Agreed. I love the car more than just about anything else, and am so proud of it and myself (my first car I bought myself) but it's just so frustrating to have these issues with something so new. I found I had an unread message (never got the popup bubble) from the Chevy Customer Srvc account and just sent a reply to it, so I'll see if that has any affect.
NoleLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fbodfather