Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Catch can install help?

So this is my first time to do anything under the hood of a car and I'm installing my single valve catch can. Sorry if these are stupid questions but One question I had was, is this a good mounting spot? I had a of trouble finding a place to mount it and figured this looked like a good spot
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
Aubrey64

Also am I supposed to cut this hose in half and use it on the 2 valves on the top of the catch can? Again sorry if this is a dumb question but the hose seems really long and in pictures I've seen, there are 2 hoses connected to the catch can and my can only came with 1 long one. Thanks to any help!
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Hey, good luck on your first mod! Here is a link so you can see that I had the same done (Tracy did the install himself). Looks like you do just cut the hose.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236607

This isn't a tutorial by any means, just to show you that yeah you can mount it there.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
Aubrey64

Ok, so I think I got it installed correctly. Can anyone tell me if its done right, or if there is any improvements to be made? Last question, what should I do with the clear tube? I zip tied it so it wouldn't just be hanging but I don't know of there is a better option. Thanks!
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
Aubrey64

Another picture
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #6
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
I cut off a good chunk and used a velcro ziptie right on the "handle" of the can. It's long enough to clear most of the internals when hanging but not hit the ground.

Looks good by the way! You probably don't need this but I was dumb enough to do this, so just remember that closed is turning clockwise, I over thought it due to the valve being upside and was running with it open for like 300 miles and leaked oil everywhere , lol. In other words, if the threads of the valve are exposed, it's closed.

the valve is closed in this picture for example. It's a little counter intuitive cause you want to turn the valve so the threads don't show.

El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #7
Matt @ RX

Our install instructions are here:

http://www.revxtreme.com/instructions/cc_v6camaro.pdf

Any questions just give us a call, Tracy is definitely the catch can whiz here 941-721-1826.