Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #71
majedalanni

Drives: 2013 Convertible CaMaro
I have mylink w/o Nav. And here u go my version. Is it old?
Attached Images

majedalanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:02 AM   #72
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by majedalanni View Post
I have mylink w/o Nav. And here u go my version. Is it old?
i belive so, i got mine updates a few months ago and I got 23135479 EO.OD.OD.OD
Old 09-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #73
majedalanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalberdi99 View Post
i belive so, i got mine updates a few months ago and I got 23135479 EO.OD.OD.OD

Do u have mylink with Nav?
Old 09-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #74
Jalberdi99

Quote:
Do u have mylink with Nav?
no
Old 09-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #75
majedalanni

Quote:
no
then how you get update it? I asked my dealer maybe 5 times and they said there is no update, is there a website I can check that, and please what is the tis2web is that software can end user get it?
Old 09-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #76
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
then how you get update it? I asked my dealer maybe 5 times and they said there is no update, is there a website I can check that, and please what is the tis2web is that software can end user get it?
The update is tied to the vin, so if the dealer is telling you none are available you won't be able to get one.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 09-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #77
Jalberdi99

Quote:
I told them I was having issues like screen freezes and the info on radio was not correct when a specific song was playing. They said, "ok, have a sit" they did not even run my vin before they said ok
Old 09-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #78
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
I told them I was having issues like screen freezes and the info on radio was not correct when a specific song was playing. They said, "ok, have a sit" they did not even run my vin before they said ok
But the update would not go it if the vin did not have an update. So trust me your vin was read when the ECM was scanned and it listed an update. If there was no update after scanning the vin (through the ECM) you would not have gotten an update.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 09-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #79
rdsesq

Drives: 2013 Rally Yellow SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello,

You can always contact Infotainment at (855) 478-7767 for all questions and concerns you may have about your MyLink.

Regards,

Jennifer T. (Assisting William)

Chevrolet Customer Care
With all due respect, I have to disagree. I called them to try and find out what the latest SW version was available, and had my version numbers.
They said they couldn't help me. I had to contact the dealer.

There is a bug in the initialization code for an ipod running of the USB port when the car starts. It is a race condition that it sometimes inits the ipod before the mylink system is finished booting and the ipod will not show up. But, if you unplug the ipod from the USB port, then plug it back in the system will recognize it.

I asked them how I could file a bug report with Chevy regarding this, as it is clearly a bug in the init code. They said they couldn't help me.

I don't think either of these questions are unreasonable and support center for the infotainment system should be able to assist with either of them. I was quite disappointed that they were less than useful.

So I will ask the question here.
Does anybody know if there is a firmware revision that has addressed the initialization race condition?
And anything been done about the issue of indexing every time the system is turned on, even if an ipod has not been updated?
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #80
Jalberdi99

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
But the update would not go it if the vin did not have an update. So trust me your vin was read when the ECM was scanned and it listed an update. If there was no update after scanning the vin (through the ECM) you would not have gotten an update.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
i did wait like for 3 hrs, so im guessing an update was available
Old 09-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #81
majedalanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
With all due respect, I have to disagree. I called them to try and find out what the latest SW version was available, and had my version numbers.
They said they couldn't help me. I had to contact the dealer.

There is a bug in the initialization code for an ipod running of the USB port when the car starts. It is a race condition that it sometimes inits the ipod before the mylink system is finished booting and the ipod will not show up. But, if you unplug the ipod from the USB port, then plug it back in the system will recognize it.

I asked them how I could file a bug report with Chevy regarding this, as it is clearly a bug in the init code. They said they couldn't help me.

I don't think either of these questions are unreasonable and support center for the infotainment system should be able to assist with either of them. I was quite disappointed that they were less than useful.

So I will ask the question here.
Does anybody know if there is a firmware revision that has addressed the initialization race condition?
And anything been done about the issue of indexing every time the system is turned on, even if an ipod has not been updated?
I just have chat with GM support and they have transferred me to mylink support, I've told them my issue and asked what is the latest version or is there an update for mylink, he asked me about my VIN and even told him the software version before the latest I have, guessing he will say you are on outdated version, the shock was he said you are have latest version , then he start to guide me kind of reset, like turn off the car and remove the key then open the doors for 90 second and then turn on the car and press talk. I didn't do it yet because I'm far from my car.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #82
cableman

Drives: camaro
Quote:
I just have chat with GM support and they have transferred me to mylink support, I've told them my issue and asked what is the latest version or is there an update for mylink, he asked me about my VIN and even told him the software version before the latest I have, guessing he will say you are on outdated version, the shock was he said you are have latest version , then he start to guide me kind of reset, like turn off the car and remove the key then open the doors for 90 second and then turn on the car and press talk. I didn't do it yet because I'm far from my car.
That's ridiculous, and will absolutely do nothing.
cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #84
drdivo
DrDivo

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to drdivo Send a message via MSN to drdivo Send a message via Yahoo to drdivo Send a message via Skype™ to drdivo
I just chatted with Chevrolet Infotainment support - they told me that if I have created a registration profile on my.chevrolet.com, I will be notified if/when a software update is available.