Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-29-2011, 11:18 AM   #351
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
I've put this thread link in the Google "ADD URL" , so it will show-up soon
Good deal, at least people will know BEFORE they buy, and be informed before making their decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
Apparently, understanding irony isn't their strong suit.
Sometime I really don't think they care at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJay View Post
Why are (or how rather) does Savini, and BFXauto have suspended accounts? Is it due to sales practices?
Probably because they have not paid their vendor dues. I really don't think they see any gains on this forum after the issues that have been raised.

Although I have seen the same user names on Mustang and Challenger forums, maybe they don't know yet about all this.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:51 PM   #352
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I had the exact same issue around the lug nuts on my Savini wheels. They also chipped around the lip even when the shop use a touchless mounting system. Big chips came off. I had to have my wheels refinished.

Dr Jekl is right, I finally gave up and sold my Savini wheels at a huge loss.

I'm much happier now with my new Forgeline wheels. I have had zero issues with the Forgelines. They're great.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:55 PM   #353
Camaro2SSRS
"CHAOS"

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
I was considering Savini wheels before I read this thread....not anymore. Thanks for sharing your problems!
Camaro2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:25 PM   #354
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Looking at those pics the 1st thing they will claim is that your installer damaged them when he put them on.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:38 PM   #355
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkscott View Post
Looking at those pics the 1st thing they will claim is that your installer damaged them when he put them on.
I can confirm that this was not the shop's fault. My shop used thin-walled lug sockets and put them on by hand to make sure not to damage the paint around the lugs. The paint came off in hunks anyway.

I also had problems by just washing the wheels with a soft fleece wash mit. Hunks of paint came off around the lugs and lips of the wheels.

It was pad paint prep. The finish under the chips was smooth and shiny. Savini didn't prep the wheels properly before painting.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:08 PM   #356
ORANGA2D

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6
Like the rest I am real sorry to see this continue...Other than perusing legal action might try posting on as many review sites as possible such as Yelp http://www.yelp.com/la if you all haven’t already done so. I live In Temecula CA, an hour and a half away or so from them. I would be willing to take a drive over to Savini for you all, although I am not sure how much good I would do other than getting myself in to trouble . And I am sure they wont deal with anyone other than the person with the issue … PM me if there is something I can do.

But I sure wont be doing any business with them when the time comes. Once I get tired of my Plasti Dip painted rims
ORANGA2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:15 PM   #357
camar00t
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANGA2D View Post
Like the rest I am real sorry to see this continue...Other than perusing legal action might try posting on as many review sites as possible such as Yelp http://www.yelp.com/la if you all haven’t already done so. I live In Temecula CA, an hour and a half away or so from them. I would be willing to take a drive over to Savini for you all, although I am not sure how much good I would do other than getting myself in to trouble . And I am sure they wont deal with anyone other than the person with the issue … PM me if there is something I can do.

But I sure wont be doing any business with them when the time comes. Once I get tired of my Plasti Dip painted rims

I have a meeting with Savini at their HQ in Anaheim on Wednesday. I am tired of the email/phone tag. I want to confront them in person and show them there "quality" wheels and demand they do something. Will update you guys after Wednesdays meeting.
camar00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:28 PM   #358
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Originally Posted by camar00t View Post
I have a meeting with Savini at their HQ in Anaheim on Wednesday. I am tired of the email/phone tag. I want to confront them in person and show them there "quality" wheels and demand they do something. Will update you guys after Wednesdays meeting.
I'll be curious to know if you get anywhere with them. Beware, they may offer to refinish them. They did that with mine and then jacked up the price before they were willing to ship them back.

Get everything in writing.

When I sent mine back to be refinished, they said it would cost about $600 to refinish them with powdercoat. So, I shipped the wheels to them and they called me 2 months later and said they had refinished just the centers. I said they were supposed to refinish the whole wheel because the lips were chipping too. When they were finished a couple weeks later, they said I owed them $1200. Ugh. After raising a stink here in the forums, they then said it would be covered under warranty. When I got them back, they had a chip in the barrel that someone had touched up with a marker. It was then that I decided to get rid of them. I just couldn't take the hassles anymore.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:51 AM   #359
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by camar00t View Post
Please let us all know how it goes, who you talk to, any point of contact information etc... that you may get.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:15 PM   #360
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Ahhh, that's the video I was referring too. That should be unacceptable to anyone. Again, I had $50 wheels (new) on an old Toyota truck that were circles. That video is not a circle.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:05 PM   #361
RayJay

Drives: Your Wife's Benz ;)
I was looking through the custom wheels gallery yesterday, and there are many Savini wheels, with custom paint.... I'm kinda interested to know if any of them had repeated issues?! Makes you wonder if it is just isolated incidents-- in the larger picture (overall wheel sales)-- or if they simply haven't voiced their opinions yet....
RayJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:25 PM   #362
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJay View Post
I was looking through the custom wheels gallery yesterday, and there are many Savini wheels, with custom paint.... I'm kinda interested to know if any of them had repeated issues?! Makes you wonder if it is just isolated incidents-- in the larger picture (overall wheel sales)-- or if they simply haven't voiced their opinions yet....
For every ?? vocal people with issues, there are ?? nonvocal people with issues.

I don't know what those numbers are, but I'm one of the nonvocal people almost every time. I allow companies the opportunity to make it right. With the money I spent trying to get these fixed and the headaches of not having the wheels so much early on and the subsequent paint issues I'll be damned if I stay quiet now. I know a few who are nonvocal in this. Like Russ. He chooses to just stay out of it. Or doesn't read any of it. I might have sent my wheels back to Savini to refinish the paint had I not had the other issues with them. I sent them back twice already. 3 times if you count the last two wheels.

Some chipping and nicking is absolutely acceptable on wheels you use. No finish is impenetrable. I assume many people just figure it's normal wear and tear. Some may not want the hassle of dealing with it.

But I'd be willing to bet the majority of Savini owners don't drive the cars hardly at all. Savini wheels are just simply not made for actualy use. It's more of a garage queen park it and stare at it type thing.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:02 AM   #363
Unique Auto Depot

Drives: Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Again...... This video is an acceptable wheels for Savini.

Sweet. I'm goint to use my website as well. I'll have to check if www.savninisucks.com is still available.

Can't assume that. They may have tried to force Trans hand on getting this thread removed.

Remember... They think we're all crazy. They really believe we don't have issues.

I could take probably 50% of my paint off with just my fingers at this point. I leave it on til I know what I want to do. I'm so busy right now I can't do anythning anyway. But much of my paint is not even touching the wheel. Just bubbled under.

Yes they will. Sad.

Don't let them BS you.

I can tell you what's gonna happen. They'll make it seem like they helped all of us and we are impossible to please.
Wheel was not built properly if it's a 3 pc
Unique Auto Depot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #364
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Savini is just unbelievable. I'm glad I had no desire to pay that much for wheels or I might be in the same boat.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote