Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #15
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkedOut View Post
assumming you bought the Major Guard, here's the info you need to make the call, straight from GM
Component Coverage

Covered Parts

It's as simple as this: If it's not on the very short list of what's not covered, it's covered!
For years, millions of Major Guard customers have known that, "From the engine to the trunk lock, if a part breaks - even if it results from wear and tear * - and it's not on the list of the few items not covered, Major Guard will pay for the repair less any applicable deductible - whatever the part!"

Non-Covered Parts
Sheet metal
Body parts, panels and rails
Bumpers
Chassis frame
Cross members
Hinges
Trim, moldings, and bright metal
Paint
Rust damage
Convertible and vinyl tops
Weather-strips
Carpet and upholstery
Exhaust component and catalytic converter
Tires
Glass
Lenses
Sealed Beams
Light Bulbs
Batteries
Brake drums
Shock absorbers
Squeaks , rattles, wind noise and odors
Correction of air and water leaks

Unless required in connection with a covered part we will not pay for: engine tune-up, suspension alignment, wheel balancing, filters, lubricants, engine coolant, drive belts, radiator hoses, heater and vacuum hoses, windshield wiper blades, air conditioning recharging, fluids, spark/glow plugs and wires, brake pads/linings and brake shoes/rotors, manual clutch disc, vehicle manufacturer recommended maintenance services and parts.

Every other part is covered!
funny how that "bumper-to-bumper" doesn't cover the bumpers.

Thanks for this.. the warranty for me in Seattle are was actually though "Western General" and is "GM approved" and is very comprehensive. I guess my question is what is the general consensus on these extended warranties?

Scam? Worth it? I figured a couple average repairs (power window motor etc) and I'm even especially when factoring in labor/hour.
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #16
slomaro3.4

Drives: SS/RS L99 Crew
If you are going to start ducking around with the wiring harness for headlights and plan on modifying the drive train, I'd cancel the extended. Those are two major systems that will be tossed out of coverage.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #17
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
You wasted a year by buying it now + over paid. Cancel it and buy it from Becky before your 1st year is up or within the 1st 12K miles.

I never understand why people by this at contract time as you loss a full year as it overlaps the standard warranty.
That is what I was thinking when I was there too. I even asked that a-hole that specific question. "It seems to be a waste right now as I have 3 year/36K coverage already". I am definitely leaning towards cancelling. It was built into my loan, so maybe they can just remove it now and I'll have lower monthly payments. If not, I'll put the $1795 in the bank then.

Where can I get information on Becky's warranty?
Old 04-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #18
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS View Post
That is what I was thinking when I was there too. I even asked that a-hole that specific question. "It seems to be a waste right now as I have 3 year/36K coverage already". I am definitely leaning towards cancelling. It was built into my loan, so maybe they can just remove it now and I'll have lower monthly payments. If not, I'll put the $1795 in the bank then.

Just contact her right before 12K or your 1st year is up and she'll give you current pricing.

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi ..only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com

Take a look at this site, this will let you know what you should pay for the warranty.

http://www.jamesblackcadillac.com/em..._email2009.htm

Old 04-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #19
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:

yea, all your really doing is extending that 3yr 36 bumper to bumper. the powertrain is already 5yr 100k. but, you can void that too if your not careful. as far as cancelling, pretty sure that will go to the bank and lower your payments.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #20
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by slomaro3.4 View Post
I believe the extended is still covered under the magnussan(spelled wrong I'm sure) morris act. It has been discussed at length here, basically so long as you don't get a tune, your powertrain should be fine.

The MMA doesn't apply to an extended warranty. They are a limited warranty under written by third parties and not the manufacture.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #21
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
You bought a bottom of the line and added 1,800$ to the cost....thats a new exhaust and cai..that would not have voided your warranty I would have not gotten a extended if I just got a 1ls, heck I would have a much lower payment.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #22
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
I just purchased my Camaro on Saturday!

2013 1LS in black. I opted for the exteded warranty of 7years/100K miles for bumper to bumper coverage w/ roadside assitance etc. It was $1795. Not a bad deal and built into my loan.

However, I have had some second thoughts on this over the last day an a half. I have 60 days to cancel/void this warranty and wanted to get some feedback.

My initial changes were going to be new rims/tires, exhaust, and CAI. My question is, does adding a new exhaust and CAI void out the warranty? Not only the mft 3/36K but my extended warranty? I am trying to figure out what mods would void my warranty, so I can cancel the extended warranty if I am just going to be void with it anyway?

Any clear consice help with this would be much appreciated. My gut is telling me to just cancel this extended warranty, save the $30/month, but it is definitely a good "peace of mind" for things like window controls etc going out.

Thoughts/help?

Awesome forum and look forward to learning a lot from you all! Pics and profile updates to come!
Hello 2013BlackLS,

Congratulations on your new addition. You made a great choice in vehicle. The peace of mind of adding the extended warranty also adds a great deal of value. In regards to your possible vehicle modification, it is a situational issue. If there is an issue that arises sometime after a modification was made and a dealership finds the issue to be a result of the modification, the warranty would then be void. You can find a more detailed description in your owner's manual on
page 10-3 under:

Accessories and Modifications:
Adding non‐dealer accessories or making modifications to the vehicle can affect vehicle performance and safety, including such things as airbags, braking, stability, ride and handling, emissions systems, aerodynamics, durability, and electronic systems like antilock brakes, traction control, and stability control. These accessories or modifications could even cause malfunction or damage not covered by the vehicle warranty. Damage to vehicle components resulting from modifications or the installation or use of non‐GM certified parts, including control module or software modifications, is not covered under the terms of the vehicle warranty and may affectremaining warranty coverage for affected parts.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to contact me with other questions or concerns.
Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Old 04-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #23
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
You bought a bottom of the line and added 1,800$ to the cost....thats a new exhaust and cai..that would not have voided your warranty I would have not gotten a extended if I just got a 1ls, heck I would have a much lower payment.
Yeah... It was all I could afford. Hey I love it and couldn't be happier...

Thanks for input though.. Have a few days to think it over... I mean ill still have three years and 5on power train.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #24
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:

Thanks for input though.. Have a few days to think it over... I mean ill still have three years and 5on power train.
Don't let that guy get you down , You got a GREAT car man , some people are born to hate . I bought a extended warranty from my bank and it is a real peace of mind , It doesn't take much for that $1700.00 to pay off especially in the later years ,,who know what will happen 6 years from now ? Just my 2 cents ,Its either not worry about repair bills 5 years from now or keeping it cheaper now .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #25
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Don't let that guy get you down , You got a GREAT car man , some people are born to hate . I bought a extended warranty from my bank and it is a real peace of mind , It doesn't take much for that $1700.00 to pay off especially in the later years ,,who know what will happen 6 years from now ? Just my 2 cents ,Its either not worry about repair bills 5 years from now or keeping it cheaper now .
Hey thanks. Makes me feel better I mean I think it's obvious I would want an SS or ZL1 but I have worked my ass off to get where I am. Bought first house last June and this is my first "new car". Had cars before obviously hit always bought older and in cash. Had a 1995 camaro and after looking this is what I could afford.

It may be "bottom of the totem pole" but I think I can make it my own and I love it. Guess that is all that matters. Thanks for input, I'm leaning towards just keeping it for those later years like you said.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #26
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:

You got a great car, enjoy it!

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 04-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #27
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Hey thanks. Makes me feel better I mean I think it's obvious I would want an SS or ZL1 but I have worked my ass off to get where I am. Bought first house last June and this is my first "new car". Had cars before obviously hit always bought older and in cash. Had a 1995 camaro and after looking this is what I could afford.

It may be "bottom of the totem pole" but I think I can make it my own and I love it. Guess that is all that matters. Thanks for input, I'm leaning towards just keeping it for those later years like you said.

Only bottom of totem pole in the Camaro world , It is better than all the competition, Hey you got 20 more horsepower than me already ,Mine is a 2010 These cars are super fast , You know they are faster than previous generations stock to stock and would beat them in a race these new cars would tear up the old 327's (which I love by the way) They grip the road so good , rain sleet or snow (proper tires required )You will have a grin every time you jump in her , You will get all kinds of compliments daily , And watch out for the Mod bug , haha it slowly grabs you and wont let loose ,
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #28
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Only bottom of totem pole in the Camaro world , It is better than all the competition, Hey you got 20 more horsepower than me already ,Mine is a 2010 These cars are super fast , You know they are faster than previous generations stock to stock and would beat them in a race these new cars would tear up the old 327's (which I love by the way) They grip the road so good , rain sleet or snow (proper tires required )You will have a grin every time you jump in her , You will get all kinds of compliments daily , And watch out for the Mod bug , haha it slowly grabs you and wont let loose ,
I can already feel it. I had a 1995 V6 Camaro as well through high school.. old and kind of clunky, but makes me more used to the "low to ground" riding.

I know I just got it, and it will wear off, but I am finding every excuse to go out and drive it. I went with the manual after nearly walking off the lot with an automatic. I couldn't be happier in my choice. Black with black interior, and got a sunroof installed which isn't available on the LS editions (from what I was told).

Really just want to switch out the heritage rims althought reselling market is non existent, maybe exhaust, and definitely CAI. Other than that maybe body kit, but unsure which one looks the best/ or if I should go through the dealer for this.

In any event, I am stoked! Thank you for the welcome!

Tags
1ls, warranty