Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 01-21-2010, 02:42 PM   #15
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
1. Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh Steelers

And he is the only one on the list, all the rest start in the 2nd sheet of paper.

4 superbowl wins

2 in a row twice, 2 years apart.
[Which no one will ever repeat]

All great QB rely on a good defence and goes without saying.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #16
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
1. Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh Steelers

And he is the only one on the list, all the rest start in the 2nd sheet of paper.

4 superbowl wins

2 in a row twice, 2 years apart.
[Which no one will ever repeat]

All great QB rely on a good defence and goes without saying.
You got that right, Bradshaw is the man and Roethlisberger should be on this list to, Steelers 6 time Super Bowl Champs
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #17
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
You got that right, Bradshaw is the man and Roethlisberger should be on this list to, Steelers 6 time Super Bowl Champs
Neither one of them are top 5
Old 01-21-2010, 02:50 PM   #18
2010 SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Neither one of them are top 5
Yea ok, you know your football
Old 01-21-2010, 02:53 PM   #19
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Yea ok, you know your football
More than you apparently
Old 01-21-2010, 03:06 PM   #20
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Can't put Roethlisburger on that list. He just hasn't played long enough. And though he has made some amazingly accurate passes in big situations, he doesn't do it consistantly enough. Time will tell. This moment he's not in the top 50. Just too young.

Basically, if Ben quit now, he would probably not make the HOF. So I can't put him on the list.

But it's just my list. And I love me some me.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #21
2010 SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
More than you apparently
In your own little dreamworld
Old 01-21-2010, 05:16 PM   #22
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
In your own little dreamworld
Yea Right.

By your logic.... Willie Parker is a better RB than Barry Saunders right?
Old 01-23-2010, 07:53 PM   #23
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
There has never, and I dare say never will be a better running back than Barry Sanders...

no line, no QB, no recievers, and no defense to speak of...

QB's ,

1.) Rodger the Dodger, He played at a time when I personally did not care at all for the cowboys... I grew up a Packers fan... but if you were in the last two minutes of a game and trailing by only a couple of scores, hang on to your hats and don't sit down or blink... Staubach could do and did more in the final two minutes than any I ever saw play...

2.) Johnny Unitas, yup, someone mentioned he hasn't proved himself against the calibre of player of today... Dooohhhhh , who has that played in the sixties... an average lineman was 250, and considered more or less fat, the backs were in the 180's the linebackers were in the 210's, and not one of them in that day and age could compete against the current leagues best... Yeah computer ratings are out there, so what... proof is in the day to day comparison... 1969 Camaro was a bad motorscooter, but it doesn't compare to what many of us drive today...Johhny Unitas was a man among men,, and to many in the league, he was a man among boys... Leader, Athlete, etc...

3.) John Elway... he of the Elway Cross.... recievers didn't like to catch passes in practice from him, he hurt their hands and left crosses on their bodies... A cannon mounted on his shoulder, improved with age...

4.) Bart Star, the Leading on the field piece in a Dynasty that may never be matched... Yeah the Steelers on the seventies, and the Cowboys of the 80's, the Patriots, etc... But, IMO, the Packers were the Original and still true dynasty... and Star and Max McGee were two of the reasons for that...

5.) Terry Bradshaw... wow, fun to watch, amazing timing and what a cut up...

6.) Joe Montana/Steve Young...I put them together for a reason... joe was dammit good, and he had motivation... He got to watch Steve Young in practice everyday and say to himself,... self, I better put up amazing numbers or he will take my job... and Steve Young for knowing how good he was, and being the team player he was to sit on the pine behind joe for so those years he would have started for any other team in the league, and then being humble when it was handed to him and had the country going holy hell,,, where has this guy been...

7.) Peyton Manning.... The modern day warrior, smart, athletic, personable, and what a leader... Coach's that try to work on anything with him other than a little pep talk once in a while are idiots... Peyton, a true student of the game since birth or maybe in his case before... has forgotten more than most will ever learn about the game of football...

8--- on down... there is a host...

Those not mentioned from the class of 83... Jim Kelly,, Dan Marino, etc...
Don Schula, Kenny Stabler... a game wrecker, a bad boy on a bad boys team...
Brett Favre, Love him, but... everybody needs to know when to bow out... Thx Elway... , Ben, got lots to prove yet... ala jim McMahon, one trip with too much talent around you to lose doesn't count...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #24
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Good Lord put Favre at #11

I almost suspect hea got some massive side bets or gambling debts to keep the game so close like that by throwing to the wrong team more then the right one
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:58 PM   #25
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Good Lord put Favre at #11

I almost suspect hea got some massive side bets or gambling debts to keep the game so close like that by throwing to the wrong team more then the right one
Didn't have anything to do with 6 fumbles eh?
Old 01-25-2010, 01:25 AM   #26
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
There has never, and I dare say never will be a better running back than Barry Sanders...

no line, no QB, no recievers, and no defense to speak of...

QB's ,

1.) Rodger the Dodger, He played at a time when I personally did not care at all for the cowboys... I grew up a Packers fan... but if you were in the last two minutes of a game and trailing by only a couple of scores, hang on to your hats and don't sit down or blink... Staubach could do and did more in the final two minutes than any I ever saw play...

2.) Johnny Unitas, yup, someone mentioned he hasn't proved himself against the calibre of player of today... Dooohhhhh , who has that played in the sixties... an average lineman was 250, and considered more or less fat, the backs were in the 180's the linebackers were in the 210's, and not one of them in that day and age could compete against the current leagues best... Yeah computer ratings are out there, so what... proof is in the day to day comparison... 1969 Camaro was a bad motorscooter, but it doesn't compare to what many of us drive today...Johhny Unitas was a man among men,, and to many in the league, he was a man among boys... Leader, Athlete, etc...

3.) John Elway... he of the Elway Cross.... recievers didn't like to catch passes in practice from him, he hurt their hands and left crosses on their bodies... A cannon mounted on his shoulder, improved with age...

4.) Bart Star, the Leading on the field piece in a Dynasty that may never be matched... Yeah the Steelers on the seventies, and the Cowboys of the 80's, the Patriots, etc... But, IMO, the Packers were the Original and still true dynasty... and Star and Max McGee were two of the reasons for that...

5.) Terry Bradshaw... wow, fun to watch, amazing timing and what a cut up...

6.) Joe Montana/Steve Young...I put them together for a reason... joe was dammit good, and he had motivation... He got to watch Steve Young in practice everyday and say to himself,... self, I better put up amazing numbers or he will take my job... and Steve Young for knowing how good he was, and being the team player he was to sit on the pine behind joe for so those years he would have started for any other team in the league, and then being humble when it was handed to him and had the country going holy hell,,, where has this guy been...

7.) Peyton Manning.... The modern day warrior, smart, athletic, personable, and what a leader... Coach's that try to work on anything with him other than a little pep talk once in a while are idiots... Peyton, a true student of the game since birth or maybe in his case before... has forgotten more than most will ever learn about the game of football...

8--- on down... there is a host...

Those not mentioned from the class of 83... Jim Kelly,, Dan Marino, etc...
Don Schula, Kenny Stabler... a game wrecker, a bad boy on a bad boys team...
Brett Favre, Love him, but... everybody needs to know when to bow out... Thx Elway... , Ben, got lots to prove yet... ala jim McMahon, one trip with too much talent around you to lose doesn't count...
I can live with that list. Very deserving guys. And you scored point from me for putting Kelly as at least a mention. He's not top 10 but he's one of the great.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:18 AM   #27
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
All the major game changes to me, happend when Favre threw to the wrong team.

And if it was favre making the play calls he should get shiet canned, or who ever was.

only needed 1 field goal to win but hey lets let the old man throw it one more time......... [he threw the game on purpose, weather he mentally knew it or not. Unconscious self-sabotage is a problem for many professionals.]
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:23 PM   #28
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
All the major game changes to me, happend when Favre threw to the wrong team.

And if it was favre making the play calls he should get shiet canned, or who ever was.

only needed 1 field goal to win but hey lets let the old man throw it one more time......... [he threw the game on purpose, weather he mentally knew it or not. Unconscious self-sabotage is a problem for many professionals.]
They were out of field goal range and needed to throw down field........