Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-06-2017, 03:46 PM   #1
kraut1971
BITCHN Camaro

Drives: SOLD! Back in the looking zone...
Cranks fine, just won’t start. . .

Got in my 2013 2LT this morning and she wouldn't fire up. Tried starting her 3-4 times but like the title says of this post says: cranks fine, just won’t start. I have a CAI cold air intake and a Elite catch can, but those mods were installed 18 months ago. Nothing recent except for replacing a couple of burnt our fog lights yesterday afternoon. Oh yeah, there's not a single error code on my dash and all gauges show normal levels.

I'm going to listen for my fuel pump for the normal priming sound when I get home. Just an educated guess, but I wouldn't expect to the FP to go bad at 62,000 miles.

Has anyone else experience this problem? Any other suggestions on how I can trouble shoot and fix this issue?

Old 02-06-2017, 04:02 PM   #2
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Try turning key on wait a few seconds and turn off, then back on and wait a few seconds and then try and start. That will determine if it is fuel pressure leak down. It primes and allows pressure to build first.
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote