Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-03-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
dagolfguy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
PDIM Now Seems Dead

Hi,
I've got one of the very early 2010 Camaros. I took delivery in July of 2009, so I have the first rev of the PDIM HW and SW. I tried to get the dealer to update the SW back in July but they looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. They took the car but did nothing.
I had a Zune, and it worked but was flaky. I changed to a 5th gen iPod Nano because I read here that those were more compatible. It worked better.

This morning, I tried to play the iPod in the car and it did not work. The radio works fine, just not the iPod.
Before today, when I press the cd/aux button it seemed to be a 3-way toggle (radio, cd, aux). Even if there was nothing plugged into the USB, it would still toggle to the aux position. This morning, its a 2-way toggle. Just radio and "no cd inserted".
Seems to me that the PMID is dead.
Does anyone have in idea of what I could do to troubleshoot this?
The dealer near me is totally brain dead on this stuff. Since we seem to be without a TSB that tells them how to fix these problems still, I've got nothing to give them which would help.
The last thing I want to do is take my car into them and leave it for a day only to be told that they have to order a part and that I'll need to come back.

Please, any thoughts or advice is welcome.
- Dave
Clifton Park, NY
dagolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:02 AM   #2
Chobbs11
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro LS
Either face your worst fear or drive to a different dealer. I think I have heard of the wiring harness under the center console having a loose connection. You might want to start your search on these threads with that in mind. Let us know what you find.
Chobbs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Sound like it could possibly be a hardware issue. The PDIM connector is under the side panel by the e-brake. You can pop that panel out to see if the connector is snug. Otherwise, as Chobbs suggested, get to a different dealer.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
There have been some threads saying that disconnecting the battery for an extended period of time then reconnecting it will sometimes bring the PDIM back to life.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:11 PM   #5
burntOmaro
Bye Bye GD

Drives: 2015 AGM SS (Everyday=1 day closer)
I'm having the same issue. When I plug in my iphone 4, my gfs iphone 3g, my ipod nano... nothing. AUX doesn't even show up as an option. Anyone have a pic of the connector in the passenger side panel? I'm going to tear it open when I get off work and see if something isn't connected properly.

2010 CGM 2SS RS. Atomic Orange Metallic Stripes. Corsa Cat-Back. MGW Short-Throw. H&R Springs. AAC Halo/Fogs. 20" Havoc Wheels. SRP Pedals. RX Catch Can. Kicker L7 & Amp in ******** Stealth. Garys Custom Fenders. Roto-Fab CAI. Pfadt Trailing Arms.
burntOmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #6
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntOmaro View Post
I'm having the same issue. When I plug in my iphone 4, my gfs iphone 3g, my ipod nano... nothing. AUX doesn't even show up as an option. Anyone have a pic of the connector in the passenger side panel? I'm going to tear it open when I get off work and see if something isn't connected properly.
If you've never done it, it's really easy. Just give the bottom of the panel a nice tug and you'll hear the popping sounds.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #7
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntOmaro View Post
Taken from http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77662

Old 11-04-2010, 09:41 PM   #8
burntOmaro
Bye Bye GD

Drives: 2015 AGM SS (Everyday=1 day closer)
Thanks slick!

2010 CGM 2SS RS. Atomic Orange Metallic Stripes. Corsa Cat-Back. MGW Short-Throw. H&R Springs. AAC Halo/Fogs. 20" Havoc Wheels. SRP Pedals. RX Catch Can. Kicker L7 & Amp in ******** Stealth. Garys Custom Fenders. Roto-Fab CAI. Pfadt Trailing Arms.
burntOmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:33 AM   #9
2010IBMSS

Drives: 2010 camaro SS RS
I have learned that if your PDIM stops working, you DO NOT need to disconnect the battery at all!

all you have to do is pull out (F13) fuse labeled "DISPLY 10A" on the side fuse box by the driver side. This will reset the radio.

As per the shop manual, the fuses description is as follows:

T11 Multimedia Player Interface Module (USR), A20 Radio/HVAC Controls

My USB port stopped working, the radio showed "NO DEVICE FOUND" and then I unplugged the USB flash drive and tried to plug it in again, but nothing happened. I also tried to plug the "AUX" cable in and...nothing.

After a quick Fuse pull, everything worked again. I hope this helps, I started hating disconnecting the battery all the time it quit working.
2010IBMSS is offline   Reply With Quote