Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 01-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #155
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
What's that about buddy?!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #156
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
What's that about buddy?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
In a few months my car will be paid off plus it's tax season I am considering two things. Let her go or go FI. Decided to not go the n/a build route when eventually I will probably end up throwing a blower on top of it anyway. Just not exactly sure what I want to do or which way I am going to take. I am going through a few options right now but will know for sure around spring-early summer. Looking at a few possibilities but not for an SS or a V8. Whatever it is it will definitely be factory turbo'ed 4 cy(I am a sucker for awd ralli bred cars). I am thinking in the lines of, new 2013 turbo genesis coupe, Ford ST, Mitsu evo/ralliart, suby If I decide to get rid of my camaro it will be one of those I'm sure, but again, I might just go FI with the camaro. One of the two will definitely be in my future.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #157
TJ91

SUBY OR EVO ALL DAY EVERYDAY

Although I think it would be cool for you to make a beast out of the V6 Camaro
Those EVOs can be made to destroy some serious cars and I know you would build a monster!
Either way keep us in the loop for sure.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 01-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #158
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
In a few months my car will be paid off plus it's tax season I am considering two things. Let her go or go FI. Decided to not go the n/a build route when eventually I will probably end up throwing a blower on top of it anyway. Just not exactly sure what I want to do or which way I am going to take. I am going through a few options right now but will know for sure around spring-early summer. Looking at a few possibilities but not for an SS or a V8. Whatever it is it will definitely be factory turbo'ed 4 cy(I am a sucker for awd ralli bred cars). I am thinking in the lines of, new 2013 turbo genesis coupe, Ford ST, Mitsu evo/ralliart, suby If I decide to get rid of my camaro it will be one of those I'm sure, but again, I might just go FI with the camaro. One of the two will definitely be in my future.
That sound cool either way you go! I had bought a Evo VIII back in 2005. Had everything HKS on it, intercooler, turbo timer, exhaust, fuel kit, down pipe, etc, etc! I was at 488rwhp/458rwtq at 19 psi's. launching it was easy unlike what this Camaro maybe at the track lol! BUT slow at top end power and rolls at high speeds.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #159
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
SUBY OR EVO ALL DAY EVERYDAY

Although I think it would be cool for you to make a beast out of the V6 Camaro
Those EVOs can be made to destroy some serious cars and I know you would build a monster!
Either way keep us in the loop for sure.
Quote:
That sound cool either way you go! I had bought a Evo VIII back in 2005. Had everything HKS on it, intercooler, turbo timer, exhaust, fuel kit, down pipe, etc, etc! I was at 488rwhp/458rwtq at 19 psi's. launching it was easy unlike what this Camaro maybe at the track lol! BUT slow at top end power and rolls at high speeds.
One of my most fun days modding was with suby's. That's how I caught the awd turbo fever lol. The mitsu's are freaking awesome too.. I heard lot's of good things about their SST dual clutch tranny which come standard on all 09+ ralliart and on evo MR. Some even say it's even better then a DSG box and the DSG box is awesome! Even the ralliart is very capable which has the same exact engine as the more expensive evo with the exception of a smaller turbo and intercooler which can be upgraded to evo's for a very mild price and it's even a direct fit. Not just evo's and suby's but most factory turbo'ed cars show results and don't cost that much to go fast. Look at scrming's flex, who would think that big ol brick can do mid 12's and now ready to hit probably 11's with just a meth kit and a tune. 335's with cobb's tune are extracting 100+ rwtq and those cars can handle the extra 100 torque all day!! It's getting harder and harder to hold on to my V6 camaro

edit: I meant scrming was running 13.5 with just a tune and probably ready to hit 12's with Meth kit. MY brain get locked sometimes lol.

Last edited by bmorecam; 01-26-2012 at 06:57 PM.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:29 AM   #160
TJ91

Yeah Jay I know exactly what you mean. Plus the sound of those Evo and STI motors
I definitly learned about how awesome factory turbo cars can be from you man. I think the new g coupe turbos are going to be easy to boost some serious numbers
I love the Camaro. Just want more power, way more power and now we have soo many options for that
I'm not looking for a drag monster, I want a full out highway or street brawler but more importantly I want it to be strong and not blow up on me
I don't think I'll ever be happy with power and speed until I own a Underground twin turbo gallardo
Old 01-27-2012, 03:23 AM   #161
cjt037
boost+v6=me=:)

Drives: Turbo'd 6er
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Well, in all fairness, CJT left out the fact he had NO OIL! Based on HIS description of the failure, he was certainly describing a motor destroyed due to detonation, which is usually a bad tune. Go back and read his description of destroyed pistons, etc... I think you would probably come to the same conclusion based on what he described...

As for the no oil.... well, we've seen that happen in basically STOCK LLTs! It has certainly happened in NON-BOOSTED LLTs! So for CJT to come in hear and say the LLT can't handle boost is really a bit off base... especially with the new information.... BTW, did he leave out any details on what happened to his first motor?

Thanks for taking to the time to sign up here and share your information... again, we can only go by what CJT told us... and it appears he didn't give us the full story...

I told yal everything they told me on the phone. i been out of town for maybe a week now, brett was telling me thier was metal in the oil. not that thier was no oil. my last oil change was less then 2k ago and havnt drove it hard since track day b4 my oil change. So Now i am like WTF mate. Its seeming like I am getting a run around? Kevin i call you tomorrow to figure out what the hell is really going on .
cjt037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #162
Kevin@Majestic

Drives: mustang
There was metal in the oil when it was drained, which is evidence of bearing failure. When I said 'no oil', that doesnt mean literally bone dry, but did not register on the dip stick. If you call and can't get me (I have a busy day on the dyno), ask for mike, he's the tech actually working on the car, however I'm staying involved in all his findings. You're definitely not getting the run around in any way, there was metal in the remnants of oil that was drained and that's all Brett was aware of, you should have been put through to the tech when you called.
Kevin@Majestic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #163
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
No luck with those photo's Kevin?
Old 01-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #164
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin@Majestic View Post
There was metal in the oil when it was drained, which is evidence of bearing failure. When I said 'no oil', that doesnt mean literally bone dry, but did not register on the dip stick. If you call and can't get me (I have a busy day on the dyno), ask for mike, he's the tech actually working on the car, however I'm staying involved in all his findings. You're definitely not getting the run around in any way, there was metal in the remnants of oil that was drained and that's all Brett was aware of, you should have been put through to the tech when you called.
Sounds like what we've been seeing here with the NON-FI cars.. basically unexplained low oil and bearing failure...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #165
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Sounds like what we've been seeing here with the NON-FI cars.. basically unexplained low oil and bearing failure...
The LLT eats oil! I have a close friend that works at a chevy dealership and has worked on the v6 camaro since 2009 and in late 2010 he told me that most v6's eat about a quart every 1000 miles. It depends on the car and type of driving though, he said one customer's car ate a quart every 500 miles but my car stock only ate half a quart every 3000 miles mostly highway miles. It's too bad though that some guys haven't been able to catch the issue and have suffered engine failures...
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #166
TJ91

so is the only way to avoid this is to add a quart every 500-1000 miles depending on your motors consumption?
Anyone else think this is a bit ridiculous to be doing?
Old 01-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #167
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Lucky here I guess. Most used was maybe a 1/2 qt after 5k. 27k on the clock.

Tired of checking it every other day though, wondering when the oil vampire will sneak in during the nite, lol

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #168
probee773

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS 6MT Double Black
^^^Mine doesn't eat oil either. I get my oil changes done at the dealer (dexos). For the people who's cars are eating oil... are you using a different type of oil?
probee773 is offline   Reply With Quote