Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-13-2010, 08:33 PM   #57
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post

For the millionth time.

Synergy green is in no way a replacement for ABM. You can't replace a blue with a green simple as that. A blue went away because it was doing extremely low in sales and a new limited edition color came in.
What he said. A limited number of volume paint colors can be in the plant. ABM was gone based on low sales volume. When Summit White came in, another color had to go. They were able to carry ABM for so long simultaneously because it's volume was so low, it was kind of like a limited edition even though that was never the original intent. As the Milk 1027 said, one limited edition replaced another. I'm just glad ABM stayed around long enough for me to put one in my garage!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:35 PM   #58
douge7

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT, RS
Send a message via AIM to douge7 Send a message via Yahoo to douge7
The green is kind of cool to look at, but I think the color would get old after a while. IMO!
douge7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:47 PM   #59
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
I think this is Camaro's (VP) ie: Honda's "VALUE PACKAGE" which companies come out with after a model run to spike interest- A model with limited options at a suposedly value price. I didn't do the numbers but this may be a good value for the standard options you get. Note that G.M. does mention the "affordable price" a couple of times. As far as the green, it's just to make it new/distinctive. Besides as you know, they don't need to push the SS sales
I see nothing wrong with a value package for the V6 Camaro or putting some options together and running a sale to pick up some interest and move some product.

But what I don't agree with is limiting a color to one model. Paint and the development work is not cheap because as we have seen body panels must match and painting operations at the plant must work flawlessly. That takes time and money to get it right and it must be. GM limited the number of colors for the 2010 Camaro because of this. So if they are going to go through the time and expense to bring a new color to the car why not offer it on all models. Even if they don't need help pushing SS's every sale counts.

-Beautiful car you have.
2002 White Camaro Z28 A4
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #60
Nostromo

Drives: '11 DTS, '11 Yuk' Denali
Outstanding value. Color suits me. Should be more than enough takers. I can see how it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea being an eye-popping shade of green.
Nostromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:33 PM   #61
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrarimk13 View Post
If that color was a living thing, id beat the crap out of it for taking away ABM. >=(
Same Here!!!
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:37 PM   #62
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljstella View Post
Any word as to whether or not GM will have it on show at the Philly Auto Show in a few weeks?
We're planning to!
Old 01-13-2010, 09:37 PM   #63
NapalmSound

Drives: 2010 LS CGM
Not for me, but I think with ground effects, and some decals or something for racing it would look mean as hell.
NapalmSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:42 PM   #64
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyChamp06 View Post
Actually, it did take away ABM. (The Transformer Edition used Rally Yellow paint, which is still available)

In their short-sightedness, GM dropped ABM (just when production Camaro's are hitting the streets, and people are raving about the color) and replaced it with this gimmicky color. Since Camaro shares same paint line as Impala, and only a limited # of paint options are available due to costs, ABM was sacrificed for this. What a shame.....

Go look at the numbers-- even with notice that the color would be dropped, it is still the bottom runner. -- on every vehicle it's offered on......

Synergy Green will not be a big runner, either - it's a limited run -- that's the intent of a special edition.

Color choice is a very 'passionate' and 'emotional' subject where people feel quite strongly one way or the other when it comes to many colors.

Synergy green isn't for everyone - but here's something interesting: There are a few other cars at NAIAS from other manufacturers - primarily 'concepts' in greens very close to Synergy.... I find it interesting that stylists from other companies see a bright green as very trend-setting.

The good news?

9 other colors to choose from - and I know that some dealers will paint your Camaro any color you so desire..........
Old 01-13-2010, 09:46 PM   #65
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
I think this is Camaro's (VP) ie: Honda's "VALUE PACKAGE" which companies come out with after a model run to spike interest- A model with limited options at a suposedly value price. I didn't do the numbers but this may be a good value for the standard options you get. Note that G.M. does mention the "affordable price" a couple of times. As far as the green, it's just to make it new/distinctive. Besides as you know, they don't need to push the SS sales

ahhhh!!!! A wise man!
Old 01-13-2010, 09:47 PM   #66
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
They are trying to push people to buy the V6. dont forget the more V6's they can sell makes the SS V8 safe...

-bobby
ANOTHER wise man!
Old 01-13-2010, 09:52 PM   #67
Blue Angel

Drives: 2010 LS ABM
I'm not wild about the green color, but I love the fact that GM is doing new things with their fabulous new car. Let's hope there are many more new models to come. This a great time for car guys/gals.
Blue Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:54 PM   #68
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
ANOTHER wise man!
Says the "Camaro Historian".

I think that title suits you, Scott...though I don't imagine you wearing red silk robes, sitting in a poofy chair with a pipe in your mouth.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:57 PM   #69
fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLSK View Post
Pure speculation, but I think they are using that color to try to boost sales with the younger generation. Average purchase age of Camaros so far is what?? 42 or something like that? My 20 year old likes the green. He said "it stands out", which really means it will get more attention. At 20, he has one thing on the brain :tweetz:

If attracting the youth is GMs goal, I think GM missed the mark on this one. The youth is nutz over this car already but it simply costs too much. Can't tell you how many of his friends have said that they can't wait till they can pick one up used for about 15K.

Be very careful of "average age" --

You will find that when it comes to performance cars (where insurance is an issue) - -the BUYER/person to whom the car is registered, and the DRIVER of the car are two different people - -the BUYER/ptwtcir is the parent - for their son or daughter -- and by being in the parent's name/names, the insurance is more affordable.......... (I didn't say this practice is legal...)

The reality is that the average age of the driver of the Camaro (and Mustang) is younger than the buyer/person to whom the car is registered....

As I mentioned in an earlier post - go to NAIAS - and from the Chevrolet Exhibit I can see TWO other cars in a very similar color - Toyota and Mazda.....

As to "we need it on an SS" -- I tend to agree with that assessment - but keep in mind that this is a limited edition - who knows - perhaps there might be a Synergy Green Camaro SS at some point in the future.....if there is evidence of acceptance on the V6.........

And I don't want to offend anyone - but the pictures of the car at SEMA are not representative of what the car looks like in daylight - a point we'll make later this year when they hit the road....... (....same as with ABM looking different in various settings....)
Old 01-13-2010, 10:01 PM   #70
Kalenn
Fan of all things Camaro

Drives: '13 Mercedes-Benz C250 Sport
I gotta admit... it's not for me. It would help to be able to actually see one in person so I could really get a good feel for it. The wife looked at it and said, "Don't make it angry. You wouldn't like it when it's angry."

I was a big fan of the mystic teal from the late 90's. I wanted it on my '99 but there wasn't one to be found anywhere close by so navy blue metallic was my second choice. I got comments on how nice it was before I even drove it off the lot. Home run in my opinion.

You know... I gotta admit, I'm excited about these special edition versions that are coming out. Transformers, Synergy... what's next? Can't wait to find out!

"E for electricity... V For Chevy Volt and me!"
Kalenn is offline   Reply With Quote