Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-07-2010, 11:55 PM   #267
saabsonic

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 1SS RS
PS... Just how many CRASHED 2010 Camaros with factory Bluetooth are out there anyway???
saabsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:44 PM   #268
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
The LQK auto salvage in Massachusetts actually had 5 salvaged SS and 2 LTs when I last checked for any VCIMs.
I was told that most were AVIS rentals.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #269
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Nutbutt and big-geek!: It's good to see that you guys are still on this!!! Thanks for your hard work!!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #270
big-geek!
Virgil, Satan's Camaro

Drives: White 2010 Camaro SS
Post Onstar w/ Bluetooth Update

Hi folks, I've got some positive news for you.
Through my efforts I've been able to contact the lead supplier with OnStar. Again will not give his details until after the deal is done.
I am at the point where OnStar seems to have agreed to send the unit however, they want to first discover what the exacting procedure is to install the unit (Dealer Installation) and update the necessary components (its said that the head unit will need a software flash update to support the new OnStar unit)
I am expecting a final word on this tomorrow.
As it seems now, once the exact procedure is finalized, the unit will be sent and installed by the dealer I purchased from.

As I mentioned before, when the deal is done I will disclose all the contact information for you folks to use in getting YOUR bluetooth enabled OnStar module purchased AND installed by your dealer. Wish me luck!

Craig
big-geek! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #271
big-geek!
Virgil, Satan's Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38 View Post
is anyone bidding on that bluetooth module on ebay? I emailed the seller and asked him if it was activated through onstar but haven't received any response.
I know the unit you speak of. Here are some points to consider.
I did contact the seller and the unit HAS been activated.
Also, if you install that unit into your Camaro, there are identification codes which must be written to the memory in the unit in order for it to function properly. Also, its been said that the head unit in the 1SS (or any other non-bluetooth enabled Camaro) will need a flash update from the dealer in order for the bluetooth feature to work at all.
I havent seen this first hand but it certianly sounds about right.

Yes, its a hard road getting the dealer to install your bluetooth module, but it seems well worth the effort to ensure you get one installed and working as it should.

Craig

PS. The seller on E-bay also mentioned to me he set the reserve at 350.00 and once the price reaches that amount, the BuyItNow option will be available.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #272
big-geek!
Virgil, Satan's Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabsonic View Post
Hi Gang.

I emailed CoStar was was amazed when Chris emailed back and said he was still waiting for a 2010 Camaro volunteer in the Long Island area so they could study it...

"Hi Mac,
I need to get my hands on a Camaro so I can figure out the communication
protocol. If you happen to be local to LI, let me know. I offer a free
unit to anyone who will let me sniff their car out.

Thanks,
-Chris"

Dang, can't someone on the East Coast work with these guys?
Mac,
I am pretty close to the east coast (Pensacola Florida) Feel free to drop me a line if your reasonably close and when I get this deal done with the dealer I purchased my 1SS from, I'll be happy to point you in their direction to get yours done also.

Craig
Old 04-08-2010, 10:34 PM   #273
saabsonic

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 1SS RS
I'm on the West Coast, about an hour north of San Francisco. Was hoping that someone on the East Coast, near Long Island, could contact Chris at CoStar... so they can build us a BlueStar unit for our 2010 Camaros. Evidently the 2010 is different from the previous Pontiac G8, as well as all the other 2010 GM/Chevy products...
saabsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:36 PM   #274
big-geek!
Virgil, Satan's Camaro

Another update. Got a call from my service manager. The word from him now is that the details of "HOW" to install the bluetooth enabled OnStar module is all smoothed out. He is now just waiting on the OnStar rep to return his call and provide the shipping details for the module itself.
Being the curious type I am, I also gave the OnStar rep a call just to validate the story and they both seem to be singing the same tune.
If all goes well, should be a done deal by Wednesday. As usual I'll keep you all posted.

Craig
Old 04-09-2010, 01:42 PM   #275
big-geek!
Virgil, Satan's Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAkrish View Post
I got mine and installed it. The lady how I spoke with migrated my activation and gave me everything you would get if you bought a 2SS(directions and connections package) until Feb 2011. Pretty cool!!!!! And it works perfectly!!!!!!!!
I'd like to know which dealer installed your bluetooth and the details about how you got the module. Maybe I can put my dealer in contact with yours to speed things along...

Craig
Old 04-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #276
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

big-geek!, EAkrish installed the module himself. I don't think he went to a dealer for the install. he got the module from eBay.

By any chance, have you mentioned to your "people" that there may be others that will want to contact them as well to get a Bluetooth OnStar module?

So if everything works out, you'll provide names and phone numbers for our service departments to call?

Thanks!!
Old 04-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #277
big-geek!
Virgil, Satan's Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
big-geek!, EAkrish installed the module himself. I don't think he went to a dealer for the install. he got the module from eBay.

By any chance, have you mentioned to your "people" that there may be others that will want to contact them as well to get a Bluetooth OnStar module?

So if everything works out, you'll provide names and phone numbers for our service departments to call?

Thanks!!
You are correct my good man. I just dont want to start giving out names and contact numbers until its a done deal.
I have also mentioned it to the service manager at my dealership that there WILL be more people who want this upgrade done...
ALSO, when speaking to the OnStar rep, he made mention that he wanted to be 100% sure that there will be no technical problems installing the module. Sure WE know there will be no problems, but for him to "Open the flood gates" (as he put it) he wants to be completely sure there will be no liability issues by offering a component that could potentially damage some other component in the car.
I feel that we are nearing the end of this process and I will provide all the contact information I have once the deal is done and I'm sporting a GM installed bluetooth module in my 1SS.

Regards,
Craig
Old 04-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #278
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Awesome! Thanks Craig! Being in the west coast, I just want to be able to tell my service department who to talk to and how to get it done. I'll keep my fingers crossed
Old 04-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #279
lbs13
Wilmes Winner!

Drives: RS/1SS/IBM
How does it work after the install? If you get a call does the radio turn down and function like the pre-paid phone plan on the 1ss package or what all does it do or not do?
lbs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #280
Saving41

Drives: IBM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbs13 View Post
How does it work after the install? If you get a call does the radio turn down and function like the pre-paid phone plan on the 1ss package or what all does it do or not do?
I am not sure what the prepaid phone plan does, but with my Bluetooth paired phone to the system, when phone calls are made/received, the radio mutes.
Saving41 is offline   Reply With Quote