Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

View Poll Results: Should "pre-order" cars be built now before all others?
Yes- I agree 204 87.18%
No- I disagree 30 12.82%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #855
Oh10Cam

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
but what you have to realize this car is new and production is just picking it up its not easy process. thousands of parts have to come together to make one car.
He said the car is already built, it's just sittin gathering dust.
Oh10Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:18 PM   #856
Oh10Cam

Drives: None
WOW! At lot of replies at 9:17... LOL
Oh10Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:19 PM   #857
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
I better not comment , i'll just go to the next thread.
Is there any merit to his rant ?..... 'cause I'm beginning to believe there's truth to what he's saying !
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:19 PM   #858
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
but what you have to realize this car is new and production is just picking it up its not easy process. thousands of parts have to come together to make one car.
Don't be mad this is GM.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:19 PM   #859
ezlock83

Drives: 2LT SIM/RS
people if parts were missing then they would be on constraint right? they have a constraint list out that goes until the second week of june production I wouldn't over react until we hear news from a reliable source
RS Appearance, Auto
ezlock83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:20 PM   #860
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
i would imagine getting getting your VIN switched to something else isnt out of the realm out of reality. I know it doesnt make it feel any better and I feel bad for you. At the same time its GM's car till you sign at the dealer. At the same time for them to sit at the lot doesnt make sense unless they are waiting to build so many to fill trains and trucks up. My dad the dealer says he thinks GM might be doing a controlled realease for a while longer to keep the demand and high interest up and cars being delivered in june and july will be a lot better. Those with orders in that arent built will get theirs quicker.. Sucks for guys like you and might be wrong, but at the same time isnt a bad marketing tatic.
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:22 PM   #861
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennylax3 View Post
I talked to a friend who is a engineer at GM and has a Camaro on order. I don't know if this is old news but he said that Lear stopped shipping some parts for the door because they are not getting paid. He has been asking around because he ordered his at the beginning of April. Again this is from the rumor mill at GM so I dont know how true it is but it didn't sound good if your camaro hasnt been built yet.
NO... its been built!!! I can understand if it wasnt built but its built and awaiting transit for TWO MONTHS!!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:24 PM   #862
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Maybe you should change your avatar....hey, im just sayin...lol...keep your head up bro
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:26 PM   #863
nards444

I cant see what parts would hold it up. makes sense maybe but. Im sure there are other suppliers that are hurting that would take risk with GM and supply parts because they have nothing better to do. And companies like lear have it their interest to make parts for GM and hope for payment, because in the long run if GM doesnt survive they dont survive.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:27 PM   #864
Sinergy

Drives: em crazy.
Calm down little chipmunk. These are trying times for GM as well as everybody else. Be patient, give it more time, and report back to us in 30 days.
Sinergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:30 PM   #865
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
This is old news.
the car is in QC (quality control). That's where all the cars go before being shipped. But cars are still being shipped as soon as they pass the quality inspection.
Be patient, your car will get here.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:30 PM   #866
steelmart

Drives: Camaro,TA,Syclone,IROC
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrr View Post
l dont know if the same applies here in the states but lt dont feel rite. 10 mustang is lookin better and better. ford does know how to get them to dealerships. Ur rite camaros are available if u dont care much about color or options. The fun in ordering a car is to get it early and just what u want.
Ford have 14000 pre orders? This is a not a car thats been built the last 7 years.
steelmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #867
nards444

that and Gm doesnt want to hold your car for no reason. The longer they keep it they are losing money and not getting paid for their product. So for them to keep it just for fun isnt a good reason. They probably dont want to release information that could hurt their image right now.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #868
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
Just got off the phone with GM CS Canada and I am pissed as hell.
Please, I dont give a ratz if you think I'm over reacting or want me to be cool cos the car is coming. Right now I'm pissed so let me vent.

According to CS ALL Camaros (that have been pre ordered are on HOLD "indefinately"!) (I cannot vouch for GM USA)

She said if you want a camaro and its on the lot at a dearlership you can have one BUT if you ordered one (because you are an enthusiast) it will remain on hold (until June, July, August possibly later .... she said she dont know until when) She said that they have not been given a directive as to why they are on hold, but said it could be cos they want them all to come out all at the same time.

So if you were loyal to GM, if you put money down, paid upfront, rushed in to create a buzz for this car you will be rewarded with being shat on!!

If you were loyal to GM and placed an order first you will be rewarded by GM by getting it LAST and just in time to house it for winter! But hey dont worry, cos the idiots who go out on a whim and fancy the car can just pop into their local dealership and pick one up just like that. Seems fair?

I am lost for words, I am dumb founded beyond belief. This saga is now taking a turn for the worst.

Before... I used to look at this car and my pulse would race, now I am growing bitter and angry looking at something that should be my dream car. I'll f'n lose it when I see one on the road knowing the person thats driving it doesnt have the same passion as the person that ordered one the very second they were available.

Shame on you GM Canada, YOU SUCK !! you kicked all the passionate ones where it hurts.

ARRGGGHH ^*&*& &*^*& ^*& *& ^*& ^*&^*&^*&^*&%^&$%$!!!

My blood is boiling!!!

I apologise, I mean no offense to anyone here, Im just so down about this right now. :( I know its just a car, but its how we have been treated thats hurting.

EDIT THE CAR HAS BEEN BUILT SINCE 23MARCH09!!
What makes you think the Canada customer service person was right? I can't tell you how many times a representative has stated something on the phone as fact but it would turn out to be totally false.

Don't get too upset yet.....she could be full of crap. For all she knows these cars could be released next week. :tweetz:

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote