Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #29
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonstuart View Post
That's some amazing work he did there. I can only assume he's an experienced paint/body man to get those kind of results at home.
I would say he's either a paint body guy or an experienced detailer. But anyone can get to close to those results. If you figure that you're going to pay 500 dollars for the repair, you could just use 500 dollars to but the materials (PC7424XP and other buffers, lots of buffer pads, sandpaper, paint and clear, and compound/polish products) that would be needed to do the job well.

You could learn to do it on your own, and then have all the tools also! At least, that's what I would do

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #30
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Bear Jew View Post
Yeah if I knew who did it it would have gone down differently haha. The crazy thing is my neighboor 4 houses down has a Red 2010 camaro rs that also got keyed that night.

Someone really hates Chevy
I sure am glad I don't live in a Camaro hating state.
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #31
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
Please don't take this the wrong way, but did you do anything to invite keying - taking two spaces, parking 90 degrees to the lot markings?

Haters are gonna hate. I try not to give them a reason.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #32
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Bear Jew View Post
I'd say about 2 ft. Whoever did it really failed at keyeing it because it isn't deep. It's almost like a sideways S. Starting from the handle going right
You sure you didn't park in my neighborhood? The same thing happened to me a couple of months back. Within the first week of ownership some punk keyed my car an 'S' shape on the driver' side door. I had the dealer buff it out as well.

Parked it back on the streets. Within another two weeks after they did the same thing again. This time it was a bigger 'S' on the same side door. I took it to the dealer again and they (their body shop)did a terrible job removing the keyed mark. Then wanted to charge my 4 hundred and changes for a horrible job.

I told them that I wasn't pleased with the job and somewhat Voice my disappointment, that the manager decide to eat the price that they charged me. So I basically got a free job. But to the untrained eye they wouldn't notice it, if I didnt point it out. But I know. I'm going get the car repainted over. If I can find an affordable price .