Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-21-2018, 09:05 AM   #1
Michaelthurston

Drives: 2013 Vert Ashen Gray
2013 Convertible AGM - Camaro Journal

Hey all,

Been Lurking for a while, just recently joined and decided I would go ahead and post my on-going Camaro progress.

to make a long story short, I picked this guy up a little over 2 years ago, and am just now finding the time and funds to get him where i want to go.

I love everything about this car, but the only thing I didn't have when I bought it was the RS package. So naturally, that is one of the first things I wanted to add to the car.

Here he is in march of 2016, right after getting him home all the way from Austin. Found him looking online at 2 am, and called the next day. It was less than a week before I went to pick him up.

Here's the Camaro with my previous Daily driver, a 2000 Mustang GT. It was one of the only cars I've had that wasn't a Camaro.

Finally started adding my own flair to the car with a green bowtie front and back:

And that's where it was left at for about 2 years. Due to a combination of working full time, going to school, and other life stuff, I just drove the car. Didn't have time to devote to it like i would have wanted.

As of about a month ago, that has completely changed. I've been working on the car every day after work and on weekends. I've found tons of helpful advice and guides here on the site.

Things I've done so far:
Installed a Catch Can from UPR
K&N CAI
Hurst STS
Added some Polished 20" RS Wheels - going to refinish them, though.
Swapped the LEDs in my speedo, tach, radio, and 4 pack gauges to Green
Installed the GM Performance SS mufflers/tips.

Planning to do/In progress:
Dash and Door RGB ABL, nearly done.
Install a set of Green Brembos w/ SS Master cylinder
Install a chin splitter
Stripes, but not sure of style/color - thoughts?
Throttle body spacer

I'll try to get some fresh pics up later today of all the stuff I've been working on recently. If anybody has any suggestions on what else i should do, definitely let me know.

Thanks for reading!
Michaelthurston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:04 PM   #2
Tom And Cheryl

Drives: 2013 SS Convertible, ThumperII
Were trying to find out how many Ashen Grey Metallic 2013 convertible SS were made since we were told GM ran out of pigment and changed to Midnight Grey Metallic in 2013. We have a 1SS which makes it harder to find info on. What is you car? 1SS, 2SS or something else?
Tom And Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 07:31 AM   #3
Michaelthurston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom And Cheryl View Post
Were trying to find out how many Ashen Grey Metallic 2013 convertible SS were made since we were told GM ran out of pigment and changed to Midnight Grey Metallic in 2013. We have a 1SS which makes it harder to find info on. What is you car? 1SS, 2SS or something else?
Hey, sorry. It's a 2LT. Not an SS.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:06 AM   #4
Michaelthurston

So I picked up this set of polished RS wheels a couple weeks ago.

After cleaning them up the best I could, they still had a lot of damage to the clear coat. So I decided to strip the clear and go for a duplicolor midnight silver (ish) finish. See the pics of the progress I made on the first wheel last night.

First pic is the day I got them, 2nd is after clean, 3rd is after aircraft remover, and 4th/5th is with the new paint.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2018, 07:00 AM   #5
Michaelthurston

Picked up a set of brembos locally. They were painted (poorly) with a blue peel coat. Here they are after being cleaned up and re finished with some high temp paint. Excited to get these on the car this weekend.

I already got the master cylinder from the SS installed, now just waiting on the caliper bolts from my local GM parts dept.

Old 08-26-2018, 05:04 PM   #6
Michaelthurston

Brembos went on yesterday! Got them bled and everything seems good. Had to adjust the parking brake afterwords though, was kind of annoying. I think they really add some flair to the car, and the difference in braking force is awesome!