Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 01-19-2015, 12:24 PM   #1
habunow1

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS, 2011 CG 1LT IPF SC
Help fixing squeaking from engine.

So I have a squeaking coming from the engine but I can’t tell where it is coming from.I originally thought that it was the idler pulley but now think it could be the in the area of the IPF supercharger.I did replace the pulley’s on the IPF months ago when they sent out replacement ones.
This is what I am thinking.Remove the belt and put the stock one back on so the supercharger is not engaged to see if this stops the squeaking.This should mean it in the area of the Supercharger and I can check the replaced pulleys or even have the supercharger looked at by a professional.
If the squeaking is still there and is coming from idler pulley replace it but is there a upgraded speed rated bearings that I can go with.
If anyone has any other suggestions feel free to chime in.I want to get this resolved before Pony War 2015 so I don’t blow something up there.
habunow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 04:37 PM   #2
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Try removing the dipstick when the car's running and see if the noise goes away. A common symptom of poor crankcase evac on a FI LLT is a squeaking noise from the enigne.
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:10 PM   #3
habunow1

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS, 2011 CG 1LT IPF SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt_killa View Post
Try removing the dipstick when the car's running and see if the noise goes away. A common symptom of poor crankcase evac on a FI LLT is a squeaking noise from the enigne.
I tried with no change in the sound at all. I am going to try to video it in the next couple of days with it as is and with the stock belt back on to see if that makes a difference.
habunow1 is offline   Reply With Quote