Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #1093
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Just looked at my invoice from HKE. Melling 10296 hi volume pump was on the list as part of the build. You should be good now!....if the pump was the culprit.

gooooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
are you running oil restrictors in the heads?
i do not remember every discussing those, but that was 2+ years ago in Dallas.
they are just the stock heads... so doubltful, dont think they added anything to them
Old 07-17-2012, 03:44 AM   #1094
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Well the circle of trust is in motion I see. You're in good hands.

Dang Kyle... I have to state the obvious... it seems like your builder just pitched you to the curb. They weren't even finished tuning the car after they built it and this happens just a few miles in. I know your choices are limited but damn... something isn't right.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #1095
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

Dang Kyle... I have to state the obvious... it seems like your builder just pitched you to the curb. They weren't even finished tuning the car after they built it and this happens just a few miles in. I know your choices are limited but damn... something isn't right.
Wasn't is some company in Texas that actually built the motor?
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #1096
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Ahhhhh yes... makes much more sense now...
Old 07-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #1097
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Quote:
Yes, The company was Xtreme Horsepower and they are OUT OF BUSINESS now !!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #1098
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
Yea...but why?
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #1099
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Kyle, it sucks but i dont feel too bad for you. At least the car has a nice place to bed down while you fix it. Ive been following your garage build thread! Silver lining!
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
Old 07-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #1100
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Oh Lord, man...say it aint so...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #1101
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
If the pick-up was clogged somehow how would checking pressure from several different locations make a difference? After the clog it is going to read no pressure or low pressure everywhere else right?

Or, like you said, if the oil pick-up fell off. But that would just be freakish. Right? I've never heard of that.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #1102
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I feel for ya Kyle. This sucks. I know how you feel about "over budget and several months over schedule." Then this happens!

Did LoveFab get a short block and assemble it? Or, did the engine come from Texas completely built with the timing set, etc. on it?
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #1103
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
arvil... baah... punk.... oooold punk. haha

Quote:
Kyle, it sucks but i dont feel too bad for you. At least the car has a nice place to bed down while you fix it. Ive been following your garage build thread! Silver lining!
thats not much of a silver lining. hahaha.

hey... here is a sweet garage for all your broken shit. lol.

Jet Ski = broken motor mount
1985 Chevrolet = blown old school 383 (holes in the oil pan, pick up fell off, go figure)
LS3 engine = #4 piston missing chunks (xTreme Hp fault as well)
shit.. i even think my mountain bike has bad brakes. hahahaha

at least the golf cart runs... too bad it is mostly illegal to drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
If the pick-up was clogged somehow how would checking pressure from several different locations make a difference? After the clog it is going to read no pressure or low pressure everywhere else right?

Or, like you said, if the oil pick-up fell off. But that would just be freakish. Right? I've never heard of that.
i considered a clog pick up to be the "pick up issue", we checked the different locations because we have a custom oil cooler that is now up near the intercooler. so we added new lines.

I am getting mixed reactions to the oil pump failing and the pick up falling off... but i do not see any other culprits.
(thats how i blew up my 383 stroker motor last year

It could be the pick up... its only one bolt that holds it on... and this car's drive train shakes like a bitch evidently... EVERY bolt comes loose.... trans, drive shaft, effin sub-frame connectors.... I dont know if its the motor, fly wheel, trans, drive shaft or rear end... but something is out of sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I feel for ya Kyle. This sucks. I know how you feel about "over budget and several months over schedule." Then this happens!
Did LoveFab get a short block and assemble it? Or, did the engine come from Texas completely built with the timing set, etc. on it?
nope... the engine has been in the car 2 years.... Xtreme assebled it all up in Dallas. LoveFab has only fabbed up turbos, customer manifolds, exhaust, rerouted new oil and trans coolers.

I have not been in your thread since end of june T.... I hope you are on schedule for the fest.... if so...i need a ride... cause my 5.3 Silverado ain't gonna cut it. hahahhaha
Old 07-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #1104
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Kyle,

Had to come check after the pm you sent... Wow,

I'm so sorry to hear all this...I hope you can get it worked out, and that is was just the oil pump...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #1105
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
i considered a clog pick up to be the "pick up issue", we checked the different locations because we have a custom oil cooler that is now up near the intercooler. so we added new lines.

I am getting mixed reactions to the oil pump failing and the pick up falling off... but i do not see any other culprits.
(thats how i blew up my 383 stroker motor last year

It could be the pick up... its only one bolt that holds it on... and this car's drive train shakes like a bitch evidently... EVERY bolt comes loose.... trans, drive shaft, effin sub-frame connectors.... I dont know if its the motor, fly wheel, trans, drive shaft or rear end... but something is out of sync.
Won't know til the pan comes off. Hopefully that it. Slap it on and fixed.

Good thing is your car warned you immediately.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #1106
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
arvil... baah... punk.... oooold punk. haha

thats not much of a silver lining. hahaha.

hey... here is a sweet garage for all your broken shit. lol.

Jet Ski = broken motor mount
1985 Chevrolet = blown old school 383 (holes in the oil pan, pick up fell off, go figure)
LS3 engine = #4 piston missing chunks (xTreme Hp fault as well)
shit.. i even think my mountain bike has bad brakes. hahahaha

at least the golf cart runs... too bad it is mostly illegal to drive

Kyle, i know you're bumming on your car but put it in perspective. Thats what i always do when the SHTF. How's your health, looks like you got a great job, obviously you have a ton of good friends and family and a garage that makes me drool. Shit will work out. Hate to keep the cliches going but "glass is half full" my car is in the garage also and not doing much for me...but that will change Regardless of what Huffer says

Tags
427, camaro of the week, detroit, gilmour, texigan, the circle, the mother of all twins