Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #141
Taz_FL

Drives: 1LT/RS Yellow/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
Literacy is a lost art these days.
isn't that the truth
Old 03-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #142
ffnva40

Drives: Silver 2012 Camaro LS w black rims
I second that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz_FL View Post
isn't that the truth

WOW!!
ffnva40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #143
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1k0 View Post
The adjuster also mentioned that there might be parts here and there which they might have not covered that the body shop might replace and I would need to pay for those.
WTF? Like what? Wear items maybe and your custom work, but I can't think off the top of my head what other non-covered parts would be. That's a pretty sh*tty insurance company if they won't fix your car minus your deductible.

In a wreck like this, there may always be some "hidden" things that the adjuster didn't find. But make sure that the body shop compares what parts they need vs. what's on the estimate and ENSURE the body shop calls the insurance company if they need to replace a part that's not on the estimate.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #144
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
WTF? Like what? Wear items maybe and your custom work, but I can't think off the top of my head what other non-covered parts would be. That's a pretty sh*tty insurance company if they won't fix your car minus your deductible.

In a wreck like this, there may always be some "hidden" things that the adjuster didn't find. But make sure that the body shop compares what parts they need vs. what's on the estimate and ENSURE the body shop calls the insurance company if they need to replace a part that's not on the estimate.
I would agree. There are always HIDDEN issues after an accident. I bought a Traverse last fall for the winter. Had it 2 weeks, hit a DEER... 5K in damger. Anway, 4 months later, the turn signal housing on the side I hit the deer was showing water/moisture on the inside. Took it back to the place that fixed my vehicle and they replaced it, free of charge. I am sure they made an adjustment with my insurance company. If something is broken because of the accident, it should be replaced. You should only have to pay your deductable to fix your car, period, that's what insurance is for...
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #145
jordan 572

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz_FL View Post
isn't that the truth
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #146
49ersXXIX
Take me back to 1994

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS SUMMIT WHITE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2011rs View Post
OP .... Lots of bad info. in this thread . Best info. here without getting into it is to just make the claim and let the shop and the insurance company handle the car .
i stand by what i said. my info is very much accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
I don't think they're going to hand you a check unless you own the vehicle outright. the check will go straight to the body shop that does the work. the lien holder has an interest in making sure the vehicle is fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
they probably aren't going to do that unless you own the vehicle. if the bank still owns it, the check will be made out to the body shop. they'll send it too you, or along with the file, but it's not going to be in your name. when you don't own the vehicle, you don't get to choose what to do with the money. that's why whenever you take out an insurance policy they want to know if there is a lien holder and who it is.

rarely.. only when your insurance suck and it's a small company.
my wife has had her share of bad luck with idiots hitting her car and i've had a few incidents myself where i've been hit as well and including an incident when an idiot was going on to my lane while i was there and i ended up hitting the divider ****ing up my wheel and the car alignment.....

my experience has been this, my wife or myself report and incident to the insurance and my first experience with 21st century was alright. when investigation was over they allowed me to obtain 3 quotes from different repair shops and give it to them. they reviewed it and they went with the middle rate and they issued me a check to get it repaired, but before issuing me a check, they sent an investigator to talk about the incident and the guy made me feel like a criminal. 21st F U. i've experience this with 21st century, Farmers and AAA (21st PI was the only jerk)

my other experience with State Farm has been great. when they resolve the incident, they had someone to look at my car, take pictures and wait for them to let me know how much it would be to repair (they had their own estimate). I also received a check from them as well and the cars myself and my wife operated were either owned by ourselves or owned by the bank. we were still issued a check. i've experience this about 8-12 times in a span of 8 years. i know friends and family who has had my experience too and a lot of them don't actually own their cars yet.

my wife's father knows a guy who owns a shop and they do a marvelous job. they hook it up and whatever is left, we pocket it.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #147
DarrenJ

Drives: '67 Camaro ZZ4 & 2010 IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post

THe OP has Progressive...
DarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #148
s1k0

Drives: Corvette C6
Do you guys recommend switching to State Farm?

I'll make sure that I don't pay for anything other than the tire, or try to at least.

Sold It..
s1k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #149
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
I used to use state farm, but switched back to progressive. state farm was expensive as hell. was paying 640 per 6 months, when my renewal came they were going to raise it to 725. no accidents, not tickets, no new vehicles. when I called they just told me rater were going up in my area. progressive was 450 and with higher coverages.

I've never filed a claim with them though. Geico is pretty cheap too, and I did file a claim with them once. did an excellent job.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #150
jd10013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersXXIX View Post
i stand by what i said. my info is very much accurate.

my other experience with State Farm has been great. when they resolve the incident, they had someone to look at my car, take pictures and wait for them to let me know how much it would be to repair (they had their own estimate). I also received a check from them as well and the cars myself and my wife operated were either owned by ourselves or owned by the bank. we were still issued a check. i've experience this about 8-12 times in a span of 8 years. i know friends and family who has had my experience too and a lot of them don't actually own their cars yet.

my wife's father knows a guy who owns a shop and they do a marvelous job. they hook it up and whatever is left, we pocket it.
only claim I've ever filed was with GEICO. easiest thing I ever did. I reported it online. they then called and gave me two options. I could take it to a place they dealt with, or one of my choosing. the only difference was if I dealt with their people (was actually the local chevy dealers body shop) they would guarantee the repairs for the life of the vehicle. from there I just dropped the vehicle off and they handled everything. just picked it up a few days later.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #151
s1k0

I use to pay $323 a month for the 6 months with $1000 deductibles for comprehensive and collision with GEICO.

I now pay $213 a month for the 6 months with $100 comprehensive and $500 collision deductibles with Progressive.

Previously no tickets no accidents.

Sold It..
Old 03-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #152
jd10013

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1k0 View Post
I use to pay $323 a month for the 6 months with $1000 deductibles for comprehensive and collision with GEICO.

I now pay $213 a month for the 6 months with $100 comprehensive and $500 collision deductibles with Progressive.

Previously no tickets no accidents.
that's about the same as I pay. I think it's 244 but with $500 and $500. and thats with 250k per person 500k per accident and 100k property. they actually raised it some and lowered the price on other vehicles on my policy. when I added the camaro it was 217. in total I'm paying about 690 per 6 months for 4 vehicles with full coverage on 2
Old 03-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #153
s1k0

LOL I won't get the same rate ever.

Sold It..
Old 03-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #154
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
The best time to switch is after a few years of no claims or tickets. After a claim is NOT the time to switch insurance companies. You can call and check prices, but after a ticket(s) or claim, you aren't likely to get a better quote.

Feel free to call and check, just don't be surprised.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote