Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 01-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
victoryredRS

Drives: Victory Red 1LT/RS
maguiars products?

so ive seen many people here talk about the Adam's products and Ive seen the videos and they seem that they work awesome. But I was wondering who uses Maguiars products for detailing, washing or clying ur cars? I have the Swirl X remover from maguiars and it works ok maybe becuase I use my hand and not a PC. So any feedback u have or pics that you have from ur cars when using this products thanks.
victoryredRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I previously used Meguiars, but I have switched over to Adam's. It seems the Adam's products are easier to use and their customer service is better than any of the detail product makers. Their forum is very helpful to new detailers and the speed with which questions are answered is a plus

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Vengeance Racing Kaotic Cam, DOD/VVT delete and LS3 conversion, American Racing LT Headers, American Racing Headers Off Road pipes, Borla S-Type Catback, FTI Billet Triple Disk 3600 rpm Torque Converter, DSS Aluminium Drive Shaft, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
1FAST SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #3
David79z28

Drives: 79Z28 and 2010 2SS/RS
I use Meguairs professional sealants and waxes. I like them and can get them at a local paint and body supplier. Check out meguairsonline. They have a great forum as well..
David79z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
BamaCommando
Roll Tide Roll!

Drives: 2010 2SS Black on Black
Meguairs
Check out previous thread for photo: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50604

Order number NGCC3D
1100 (Preliminary order accepted): 12/19/08
3000 (Order accepted by production control): 6/30/09
3100 (Order available to sequence):?
3300 (Order scheduled for production):?
3400 (Order broadcast):7/20/09
3800 (Order produced):7/28/09
4200 (shipped):7/30/09
HOME 8/12/09
The slowest 7 months and 3 weeks in history.
BamaCommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:46 PM   #5
David79z28

Drives: 79Z28 and 2010 2SS/RS
Here are a few of my photos as well.

David79z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:59 AM   #6
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
We sold ADAMS products for a while, got cases after cases of inventory left. It IS great stuff. We had people sponsored by Meguairs, actually pour out their products and fill it with ADAMS, thats all they would use... they just wanted to say they were sponsored by them.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #7
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post
We sold ADAMS products for a while, got cases after cases of inventory left. It IS great stuff. We had people sponsored by Meguairs, actually pour out their products and fill it with ADAMS, thats all they would use... they just wanted to say they were sponsored by them.
They poured out their Meguiar's stuff and put Adam' stuff in the Meguiar's bottles???

Meguiar's didn't get where they are today being a slouch in the industry. With that said, they presently have two different lines of products. David spoke of one, their professional line which is bottled under the label "Mirror Glaze". This line of their product is excellent and contains some of the very products that I use for advanced paint correction when I need to wet sand with very aggressive grits of paper. If you wanted to use their products, this is the only stuff I would suggest you use. It is not sold over the counter or in your big box stores, and it will always have the words "Mirror Glaze" on the label. You can only get it at a Mirror Glaze distributor, online or at a professional body shop supply store. Excellent stuff.

Now that Meguiar's stuff that you buy over the counter? I'd pour that out too.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:38 AM   #8
BamaCommando
Roll Tide Roll!

Drives: 2010 2SS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Now that Meguiar's stuff that you buy over the counter? I'd pour that out too.

JM you are respected for your high end finish knowledge but you are off there.
I keep an outstanding finish on my car with Meguiar's OTC and you cant argue with the results.

Order number NGCC3D
1100 (Preliminary order accepted): 12/19/08
3000 (Order accepted by production control): 6/30/09
3100 (Order available to sequence):?
3300 (Order scheduled for production):?
3400 (Order broadcast):7/20/09
3800 (Order produced):7/28/09
4200 (shipped):7/30/09
HOME 8/12/09
The slowest 7 months and 3 weeks in history.
BamaCommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #9
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
Disagreeing with the Junk Man...

I think I'll just kick back and see what happens...
SSFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #10
Rockslam
The Noob

Drives: 2006 QSM GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by David79z28 View Post
Here are a few of my photos as well.

How did you get a camaro in February of 2003?!?!
Old 01-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #11
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaCommando View Post
JM you are respected for your high end finish knowledge but you are off there.
I keep an outstanding finish on my car with Meguiar's OTC and you cant argue with the results.
Allow me to explain the theory behind my logic. You may change your mind when presented with these well known facts about OTC products. I've had this same discussion over at Meguiar's Online forum and they also agreed with me.

Thinking logically, here are the questions that you have to ask yourself. If the Meguiar's OTC products are exactly the same as their professional products, why does Meguiar's have two different lines? If their OTC products are just as good as their professional products, then why do professional detailers use their more expensive professional line when they could save a boat load of money by purchasing the OTC stuff? I can answer those questions.

Their professional line is heads above their consumer stuff in performance and quality.

In order to have your stuff sitting on a shelf at Auto Zone, Costco, Pep Boys and the like, you must pay a premium price. If you also want to make a profit, you must price your product competitively with all the stuff that is sitting next to yours on the same shelves. Real professional detailers don't go hunting for products to fix paint in OTC stores. They understand that most quality professional products are tightly controlled by their manufacturers and the outlets that carry these products gear to the well informed. Just as you wouldn't go shopping for a wife in a strip club, you don't go shopping for quality detailing supplies where they sell Nu-Finish and Turtle Wax.

Because manufacturers are forced to sell their products so cheap in these types of places, they are forced to cut corners in the manufacturing of their products. At some point, the price break cuts too deep into the manufacturing cost and thus, makes it not profitable for the manufacturer to sell their products OTC. This is why you can't find Zaino, Adam's, Griot's, Dodo Juice, Menzerna and a host of other products sitting at your local auto stores. The people who frequent those places do not have the experience to know the difference between professional grade and consumer grade. The only thing that they are looking at is PRICE. That goes the same for a host of products from computers to furniture. People in the know don't buy their computers and furniture from Wal-Mart, although Wal-Mart sells both.

So as you can see, OTC products are OTC for a reason. They cater to a specific type of customer who has a different mindset when it comes to detailing supplies. The same is true with your professional products. Those products are placed on shelves that professionals frequent. Those professionals know what they are getting for each dollar spent and thus, price is of no major concern as it is to someone shopping at Wally World. It is this reality that clearly makes most OTC stuff inferior to professional grade stuff.

In closing, I'll add this. I would love to park my car next to yours at a car show. I could do one fender with Meguiar's Mirror Glaze products, one with Adam's and one with Zaino. I would bet the bank that those 3 fenders would pop harder than any of that OTC stuff you're using could do. That would be the real test and is probably the only thing that would make you become a true believer. I've went that far before and unplugged some hardcore paint guys from the Matrix. If you're coming to the next Camaro5 Fest, we could make it happen right there. That's since you're already in Arizona.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #12
hamr56

Drives: 11 2SS/RS, 56 Chevy Bel Air 2DR HT
I use Maguiars show and shine on the regular for my 56. It works good. However junkman is correct in his statement above, its just that sometimes I can't get my hands on these other products as easily.
Attached Images

hamr56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #13
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I've always had great results when working with Meggy's, my only gripe is durability... You'll wax twice (or maybe even 3x) as often with Meguiar's as you would with Zaino or say, Adam's

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #14
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Damn Hamr56, that rod is clean as the board of health!