Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
SoCalMitch

Drives: Camaro SS
What SC will get CARB certification first.

Since I live in CA, without the CARB certification putting on a SC is out of the question. There are a few in the process but I not sure if any are affixing the CARB number to the SC yet.
SoCalMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Magnuson has had one for a few months.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:47 AM   #3
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
If you own a 2010 camaro, and not going with Magnuson, it will be a few years before your car is up for Smog if that is what you are concerned about. By then, it is highly likely that most SC will have CARB cert. Mine will have a Magnuson 2300 very soon.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:59 AM   #4
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
If you own a 2010 camaro, and not going with Magnuson, it will be a few years before your car is up for Smog if that is what you are concerned about. By then, it is highly likely that most SC will have CARB cert. Mine will have a Magnuson 2300 very soon.
This is a good point. I don't know how Magnuson got theirs so quickly though; but it may take a couple years for the screws to get numbers, if they try at all. I'm sure Edelbrock will be getting one for their TVS too. It'd be nice to see the screws get numbers too though. Too many options never hurt anyone

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 11-03-2009, 12:17 PM   #5
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
This is a good point. I don't know how Magnuson got theirs so quickly though; but it may take a couple years for the screws to get numbers, if they try at all. I'm sure Edelbrock will be getting one for their TVS too. It'd be nice to see the screws get numbers too though. Too many options never hurt anyone

also remember that most shops are selling/installing the magnuson s/c's. and that the other companies are still finalizing their s/c's for this car. Magnuson already had this s/c for the LS series engines, it was just a matter of getting the intake right, mounting the heat exhanger, making sure everything's hooked up that needs to be, and tuning it.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #6
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
also remember that most shops are selling/installing the magnuson s/c's. and that the other companies are still finalizing their s/c's for this car. Magnuson already had this s/c for the LS series engines, it was just a matter of getting the intake right, mounting the heat exhanger, making sure everything's hooked up that needs to be, and tuning it.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 11-04-2009, 12:59 AM   #7
HaveBlue

Drives: CTS/CAMARO
Magnusson already had or was working on the Vette EO. So the Camaro was an easy tag on. Edelbrock just got the Mustang done and expect an EO on the GM kits early in 2010.

SEMA PICTURES-PARTS & CARS
http://www.pbase.com/haveblue/sema_2009
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
Steve@AandACorvette

Drives: Cars
Im sure Vortech won't be far behind...
Steve@AandACorvette is offline   Reply With Quote