Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 01-25-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
turleylox

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
Whats The Best Way to Start a Club??

I'm from central Kentucky and would love to have a local club to meet and correspond with other Camaro owners in my area. As far as I know, there are no Camaro Clubs around here. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
turleylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:39 PM   #2
Dforce0990
Deployed Again.

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs iom
Send a message via AIM to Dforce0990 Send a message via Yahoo to Dforce0990 Send a message via Skype™ to Dforce0990
Go to the regional section under the main forum homepage scroll down and you'll see links to access regional forum pages. Don't see your local? Make one :-) good luck
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM Int. #191,037 Welcome Home "Kayla"!

"...But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men."
Dforce0990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:40 PM   #3
binlow84

Drives: '10 Camaro, IBM 2LT/RS
Start hiring all the local hipsters to pass out fliers adorned with words such as "Da bomb" and pictures of the hottest new rap stars getting dow....... Wait, not that kinda club?

Seriously though, I'd say a great place to start is right here. From what I can tell Camaro5 members come from all over the place. I am sure there are a handful of us from your neck of the woods. Put the word out here that you're looking to organize something and go from there.
Produced - 2/24/10
In the driveway - 3/4/10
Total time order to delivery - 47 days
binlow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:58 PM   #4
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Just throw a UK sticker on the Camaro, those fans are everywhere.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:03 PM   #5
moultron

Drives: 2ss Inferno Orange
Send a message via AIM to moultron Send a message via Skype™ to moultron
I just joined this site. I have a 5th gen 2SS Inferno Orange. I just transferred over from a Harley because of kids and making the wife happy. I am used to getting together for meets as we do it all the time on bikes. I live in Hudson, FL which is on the west coast about 45 min NW of Tampa. I am definietly up for some crusies/get togethers. Hope to hear about something soon!
moultron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #6
iluvmy67camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Red Jewel
Hard work but it's worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turleylox View Post
I'm from central Kentucky and would love to have a local club to meet and correspond with other Camaro owners in my area. As far as I know, there are no Camaro Clubs around here. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
Starting here is a good place, read the threads and hunt down the folks who are from your area. Another good way to start and I've done it in conguntion with using this site, is to go to your local chevy dealership. If you don't have one, then go to the closest one to your town. Get friendly with whoever owns a 2010 Camaro at that dealership, talk to him/her and find out if he/she would be interested in participating in a Camaro Club. If there is any interest, get the dealership involved. Why? They have a list (albeit mixed in with all the other cars sold) of all the 2010 Camaro's sold since last spring.

Through a lot of visits and a lot of talking I got our local dealership to sponsor the first Camaro Meet / Club Meet and they are going to send out flyers to all the folks who purchased 2010 Camaro's in the name of getting us all together to Celebrate this great car we all have in common.

I too have never started up a club. So be patient as it will take time, it took about me about 4 months and it is just now finally coming together. The dealership has signed off on it, they have given us the back lot, a large conference room in case of bad weather and they are providing refreshments as well.

PM me anytime you need anything for ideas, to unload your frustrations about stupid people, etc... I'll be here to help. You're welcome to come down for our meet and see how it turned out if you like.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:30 PM   #7
turleylox

Cool guys, thanks for all the insight. I'll get started.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #8
Dforce0990
Deployed Again.

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs iom
Send a message via AIM to Dforce0990 Send a message via Yahoo to Dforce0990 Send a message via Skype™ to Dforce0990
Good luck! I know it seems like a huge task to accomplish but I started a bike club here in town with two members, now we have over twenty. My camaro isn't even here yet but I have already been in contact with people in the area and they are all for it. So if ya want it enough it will happen.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM Int. #191,037 Welcome Home "Kayla"!

"...But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men."
Dforce0990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #9
StrangeMan

Drives: 2SS SIM/Blk
Send a message via Yahoo to StrangeMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
Just throw a UK sticker on the Camaro, those fans are everywhere.
Now you are talking!
StrangeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:13 PM   #10
captain5706

Drives: 2011 Silverado Z71
Hey turley I would be interested in helping you get this started. Let me know what you need.
captain5706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:26 PM   #11
turleylox

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain5706 View Post
Hey turley I would be interested in helping you get this started. Let me know what you need.
Cool, Do you have any ideas? I would like to get something started soon so we can get together in early spring if thats possible. Where are you from? I'm close to Bowling Green. PM me and I'll give you my number so we can talk about it more. I was thinking maybe Elizabethtown since its right in the middle of the state. That way maybe more people would be interested in coming down for a meet. If anyone else might be interested in this, please PM me or post up on here to get the ball rolling.