Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #1
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
You know what really grinds my gears...

So I am sitting here watching counts customs on the history channel and they repainted a ford lincoln and it already has swirls! It was just painted and it has swirls in the matter of a week or two! If I ever got a custom paint job I would not let them touch it after paint. Ughhh, ruined it with detail spraying it because there was dust. And I love the show gas monkey garage too. Have you seen how they wash their cars AHHHHH! :eye bulge: /end rant
Old 07-14-2014, 09:43 AM   #2
DylanVK

Drives: a few
You almost have to turn off your 'detailers eyes' to enjoy those shows... the quality of the finish on all the paint jobs is horrific.

I'd say the only one where I've never seen a swirled up mess at one point or another is Overhaulin'... but then again rarely do they show the car outdoors when its presented. Given the level of talent they involve in those I'd assume they maybe do a decent job of polishing the cars out though.

The F40 on F n' L was one of THE WORST swirled up messes I've ever seen. For a car that was fresh off a repaint it looked like it had been thru a couple hundred tunnel washes.

1967 C/10 PROJECT TRUCK | DETAILING EXPERT | CRAFT BEER ENTHUSIAST
DylanVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:58 AM   #3
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@SCG View Post
You almost have to turn off your 'detailers eyes' to enjoy those shows... the quality of the finish on all the paint jobs is horrific.

I'd say the only one where I've never seen a swirled up mess at one point or another is Overhaulin'... but then again rarely do they show the car outdoors when its presented. Given the level of talent they involve in those I'd assume they maybe do a decent job of polishing the cars out though.

The F40 on F n' L was one of THE WORST swirled up messes I've ever seen. For a car that was fresh off a repaint it looked like it had been thru a couple hundred tunnel washes.
Can't imagine how u guys see the world everyday then. Cars are so bad with swirls
Old 07-17-2014, 09:32 AM   #4
Chris14RS

Drives: RRM RS v6
Swirls can be prevented very easily actually. Just be smart and make sure your surface is free of contaminants and dust. Dust is the real bitch though.
Chris14RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:42 AM   #5
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE

Yes Overhaulin' they do an excellent job,I have seen them wetsand cars more than once,then buff the paint.I guess whoever does the editing includes that when possible.
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote