Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
srslymike

Drives: 2013 Summit White Camaro
Purchased car... Still being advertised...

So... Random Question... Purchased a dash over 2 weeks ago, and got a great deal on it... HOWEVER, on the dealerships website today it is still advertising it as one of the little specials (double checked the stock number thats in fine print) with an additional 1000 dollar discount....

What options do I have.... Is it worth it to go in and see if I can get some of that in free accessories or something?
srslymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
Biscuitpie

Drives: '11 Cammed LS3, '14 Scion FRS
You have no options. You agreed on a price and signed a contract, they have no obligation to do anything. You could ask nicely but I highly doubt they will care.

SOLD with a Z06 in the not too distant future: Cammed, boltons, axles, lowered, and more. | 476 WHP
Biscuitpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
srslymike

I realize I signed a contract, and I'm good with the price I paid... more so what has me kinda confused is... how can they advertise a car they no longer have?

(Also have bought my last 3 vehicles at this same place, so I'm sure they'll work SOMETHING out)
Old 06-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by srslymike View Post
So... Random Question... Purchased a dash over 2 weeks ago, and got a great deal on it... HOWEVER, on the dealerships website today it is still advertising it as one of the little specials (double checked the stock number thats in fine print) with an additional 1000 dollar discount....

What options do I have.... Is it worth it to go in and see if I can get some of that in free accessories or something?
Do the vin#'s match? Some dealerships recycle stock #'s pretty quickly. There isn't much you can do or should do if you thought you got a fair deal then that is all that matters. That extra 1,000 might be a new rebate that wasn't availble at the time or unavailble to you. Some dealerships advertise all their cars with every rebate possible.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
srslymike

Everything matches... and thats the only reason I'm slightly frustrated... Like I said, I'm fine with what I got , but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth seeing my exact car being advertised with an additional discount... seems kinda bait and switch-y....
Old 06-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #6
LSXaddict

Quote:
Everything matches... and thats the only reason I'm slightly frustrated... Like I said, I'm fine with what I got , but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth seeing my exact car being advertised with an additional discount... seems kinda bait and switch-y....
I doubt they are trying to do some bait and switch type deal I would put my money on a clerical error or the car hasn't been reported sold yet and they have someone who constantly updates internet prices and rebates/ incentives who doesn't check every single car on the site to make sure it is still in inventory. I would give them a call or something though since you're a loyal customer and find out what gives.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #7
srslymike

Thanks LSXaddict... yeah, its not an additional rebate, they break down the discounts and they gave me the rebates that are listed... from what I can tell its just an additional dealer specific "discount"... that is being listed currently... I'll probably just go down there tomorrow and talk to the Sales MGR... see what he says...

I'm still loving the car and glad to be a member of the "5" family.... Hoping I can get some free time and takes some pics of the new "beast"....

PS... Any suggestions on what to use about 800-1000 in accessories on?
Old 06-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #8
LSXaddict

Well you can always raid the parts dept for cleaning supplies if they'll let you do that. As far as something for the camaro I have always liked the blade spoiler and you could throw in the premium floor mats.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #9
Storm T
Can't slow down

Drives: 2013 SS Dusk Edition (Insain Bolt)
Quote:
I realize I signed a contract, and I'm good with the price I paid... more so what has me kinda confused is... how can they advertise a car they no longer have?

(Also have bought my last 3 vehicles at this same place, so I'm sure they'll work SOMETHING out)
If they're like my dealer they will do something for you. I've bought a few myself from them and sent I think 7 people there. 2 bought Camaros. I love that referral money!
Storm T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #10
Midlife conVert

Drives: Black 2LT Convertible
Same with my car when I ordered. The web site people only see what is ordered and add it to the site. When the put mine up they put the wrong price and I called the sales guy to brake his stones and asked if I could get the advertised price. It is one hand not paying attention to the other..... I would have liked the extra 5k off the price though.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #11
one~Bad~SS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS CGM LS3
Probably an advertisement to get people in, had a dealership have a brand new camaro for sale for $19,499 and it was sold like two weeks ago. Just to get people to come in....
one~Bad~SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #12
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:

That's false advertisement
By law they have to have that so called special , do you happen to know how many people went there to take a look at the car that you already have , it's a trick that the dealers do all the time , they say to anyone that may show up for that specific car , sorry someone must have sold it this morning , but , for a little more , like $24'95 a month we can make you drive that one instead
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:21 PM   #13
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I wouldn't worry about it. When I bought my Saturn Vue it stayed on the website for a week until they updated their website. Some car dealers don't have a full time web administrator. That's my guess.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #14
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm T View Post
If they're like my dealer they will do something for you. I've bought a few myself from them and sent I think 7 people there. 2 bought Camaros. I love that referral money!
If they are like my dealer, they will find forgotten charges and try to hit you up for them
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote