Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-08-2010, 11:15 PM   #1
2010ssraper
2010camaroSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Will this work okay and safe?

Alright I have heard and read that hellion has a twin turbo system that feeds into the 2003-2004 cobra supercharged engine STOCK engine making 1000RWHP.... So I want to know with having a built Iron block LSX 427 and Forged steel I beem connecting rods, forged steel crankshaft, forged aluminum pistons. And then have a LS9 Blower on the engine then have like STS twin turbo system all work okay???????? Cause these would be one mean beastly build! And make a damn big load of power, also if LS9 blower wouldn't work will a STS twin turbo feeding a vortech or procharger be safe and okay? I'm pretty sure the engine will be okay but my main question is will the turbos and supercharger be fine on this setup while on methanol injection.

Thanks for your help if you can help
It continues to amaze me. Ford guys think their shit is so great. Why then do you need DOHC and 4 valves per cyl. plus forced air to beat a production pushrod engine with 2 valves per cyl. Face it, when it comes down to it Ford just can't compete. New slogan for the Mustang. "You can't fix stupid"!
2010ssraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:10 AM   #2
Jeremy@HOB

A compound boost set up is great for being able to have instant torque from a twin screw blower plus the benefit of having turbos pull the power all the way to redline. In all reality though it is not the best plan of attack if horsepower is what you are after. The twin screw will not be able to flow enough once the turbos are making big boost. You will make more power just doing a twin turbo system over a compound boost system.

Also you wouldn't gain anything by pushing turbos through a ProCharger or Vortech because both superchargers and turbochargers make linear power so it will all be rpm based power. Thats why a twin screw is optimum because it provides the off idle torque and as it peaks off power the turbos are at full boost and carry the power up until you have to lift.
Jeremy@HOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:35 AM   #3
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy@HOB View Post
A compound boost set up is great for being able to have instant torque from a twin screw blower plus the benefit of having turbos pull the power all the way to redline. In all reality though it is not the best plan of attack if horsepower is what you are after. The twin screw will not be able to flow enough once the turbos are making big boost. You will make more power just doing a twin turbo system over a compound boost system.

Also you wouldn't gain anything by pushing turbos through a ProCharger or Vortech because both superchargers and turbochargers make linear power so it will all be rpm based power. Thats why a twin screw is optimum because it provides the off idle torque and as it peaks off power the turbos are at full boost and carry the power up until you have to lift.
I don't think you will find a better answer than this. And BTW, if you need a big power Fuel system solution contact HOB

Last edited by Z_Rocks; 04-09-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:49 AM   #4
SSMINNOW

Drives: Hellion twin turbo 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:

I bet that you could make a lot of power. Look at this GT 500, its compounded and makes over 1200 at the tire.
SSMINNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:57 AM   #5
Will@Apf

Drives: corvette
Quote:

Will@Apf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:19 PM   #6
2010ssraper
2010camaroSS

Alright so what coud I do to use a twin turbo system to get past 1200hp at the wheels?
It continues to amaze me. Ford guys think their shit is so great. Why then do you need DOHC and 4 valves per cyl. plus forced air to beat a production pushrod engine with 2 valves per cyl. Face it, when it comes down to it Ford just can't compete. New slogan for the Mustang. "You can't fix stupid"!
2010ssraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #7
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010ssraper View Post
Alright so what coud I do to use a twin turbo system to get past 1200hp at the wheels?
Well you're in Dallas and you have two of the best Performance shops in the country; Here are the info

Taylor Sims
www.DallasPerformance.com
972-494-5343

Or You can Contact Andy @ ADM Performance:

Andy Mages
Owner/Operator
214-228-8782
admperformance@gmail.com
www.admperformance.com

These are two of the best shops with experience and great results. Good luck!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:28 PM   #8
jimmyj333

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS Aqua Blue L99
AfterBurner!!!
jimmyj333 is offline   Reply With Quote