Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 09-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
victoryredRS

Drives: Victory Red 1LT/RS
MRT v1.0???

this is the exhaust that i want to put on my 1LT but ive seen videos were it says full exhaust system, catback or axle back. Im not a pro in cars but i would like to know exactly what to buy just the exhaust, the full system or is it the same thing?? thank you and forgive my ignorance.
victoryredRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #2
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Well if you don't know the difference. Cat back is starting from right behind the cats and going all the way to the back of the car (so it includes mid pipes and the mufflers) Axle back is pretty much just the mufflers). Axle back will be much cheaper and still give great sound, cat back won't change the sound too much more than an axle back and the performance isn't too much of a difference between the two. Going from stock to axle back is a much larger difference than going from axle back to cat back.

What I did was get the MRT V1 axle back, then got an intake, then got long tube headers and just recently I put SS mid pipes on. So now my entire exhaust system is pretty much done.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
crussell83
SS Gimp

Drives: 2ss SS/RS IBM
Send a message via AIM to crussell83
full system is the headers all the way back.....catback is from your catalytic converters back .....and axle back is just your mufflers
get the full system for maximum gains on horsepower and torque
crussell83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #4
crussell83
SS Gimp

Drives: 2ss SS/RS IBM
Send a message via AIM to crussell83
beat me to it
crussell83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:05 PM   #5
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by crussell83 View Post
get the full system for maximum gains on horsepower and torque
I agree, if you get a full system (headers included) it will make a huge difference. If you can afford to get all of it at once I say go for it!

However to my knowledge MRT doesn't make headers, and even if they did I'd highly suggest going ARH, amazing headers.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:18 PM   #6
victoryredRS

Drives: Victory Red 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorAirForce View Post
I agree, if you get a full system (headers included) it will make a huge difference. If you can afford to get all of it at once I say go for it!

However to my knowledge MRT doesn't make headers, and even if they did I'd highly suggest going ARH, amazing headers.
thanks for the info. but you said mrt does not make headers. so if i put the mrt v1.0 axle back like you did and then purchase headers like the BBK will it be the same than purchasing a whole system from someone that does do the whole system??
victoryredRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #7
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoryredRS View Post
thanks for the info. but you said mrt does not make headers. so if i put the mrt v1.0 axle back like you did and then purchase headers like the BBK will it be the same than purchasing a whole system from someone that does do the whole system??
Nope, because you will still have the stock mid pipes. What I did was MRT V1 axle back, then ARH LT headers and high flow cats, then finally got the mid pipes from an SS owner. Round about way of doing things but I get to pick and choose what I want and makes it more unique. It's really personal preference.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:54 PM   #8
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorAirForce View Post
Nope, because you will still have the stock mid pipes. What I did was MRT V1 axle back, then ARH LT headers and high flow cats, then finally got the mid pipes from an SS owner. Round about way of doing things but I get to pick and choose what I want and makes it more unique. It's really personal preference.
id like to hear a vid of ur car lol