Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 07-19-2013, 04:45 AM   #1
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
SS Convertible sway bars. What kind?

I have a 2013 SS convertible with a build date of 3/2013. It has the rear sway bars mounted inside of the shocks, FE3. Everything I have read about the 2013 SS convertible is that it has the FE3 suspension and the coupes get the FE4. I would like to upgrade my sways and was wondering what you SS vert owners are using and if converting to the FE4 is worthwhile, considering I will never Autocross. Just spirted canyon carving. Thanks.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
Get the Pedders ZL Spec Conversion Package. Highly recommend.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
You already have the updated rear arms with both end link mounts in place. All you will need are end links and the sway bars.

The difference between the inboard and outboard mounts on the rear is huge. I highly recommend either the Pfadt ZL spec sway bars or the Pedders FE4 sway bars. You really can't go wrong with either and they will be a nice bang for the buck. Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions or pricing.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
heymatt

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS Vert.
You can also use the stock ZL1 or 1LE sway bars too!
Old 07-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #5
SS PANTHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
You already have the updated rear arms with both end link mounts in place. All you will need are end links and the sway bars.

The difference between the inboard and outboard mounts on the rear is huge. I highly recommend either the Pfadt ZL spec sway bars or the Pedders FE4 sway bars. You really can't go wrong with either and they will be a nice bang for the buck. Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions or pricing.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Thanks everyone. I went with the Pfadt ZL spec sways and links from Tyler at JDP. I learned from Tyler that the 2013 and some of the 2012 SS convertibles have the FE3 sway bar setup, but, have the FE4 lower control arms with the hole locations on the outer ends of the arms. I am looking forward to this upgrade.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
Thanks everyone. I went with the Pfadt ZL spec sways and links from Tyler at JDP. I learned from Tyler that the 2013 and some of the 2012 SS convertibles have the FE3 sway bar setup, but, have the FE4 lower control arms with the hole locations on the outer ends of the arms. I am looking forward to this upgrade.
Thanks for the order! You are going to love this setup!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #7
Falundir

Can't go wrong either way!

Now to address the subframe~
Old 07-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #8
SS PANTHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
Can't go wrong either way!

Now to address the subframe~
Not sure about the NVH issues that could be caused by them. How much is the overall ride quality affected with the subframe bushings?
Old 07-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #9
Falundir

I have the Pedders inserts, and for me, I didn't notice any major shift in NVH or ride harshness. Just drastically more planted in the corners.

I was tempted to move to solid bushings and had a long chat with Pete from Pedders about the upgrade. He actually said that unless you plan to race pro, the inserts are fine. He could of made an easy buck there.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #10
SS PANTHER

Quote:
I have the Pedders inserts, and for me, I didn't notice any major shift in NVH or ride harshness. Just drastically more planted in the corners.

I was tempted to move to solid bushings and had a long chat with Pete from Pedders about the upgrade. He actually said that unless you plan to race pro, the inserts are fine. He could of made an easy buck there.
Thanks. I will have to consider this mod.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #11
Smkymts

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS PANTHER View Post
I have a 2013 SS convertible with a build date of 3/2013. It has the rear sway bars mounted inside of the shocks, FE3. Everything I have read about the 2013 SS convertible is that it has the FE3 suspension and the coupes get the FE4. I would like to upgrade my sways and was wondering what you SS vert owners are using and if converting to the FE4 is worthwhile, considering I will never Autocross. Just spirted canyon carving. Thanks.
I use SLPs which accurally are Eibach. The front and rear are 29mm instead of the stock 23mm. The front has two adjustment holes and the rear had three. The car really stiffens up. Along with Eibachs lowering springs, the car sits 1" lower and huges the curves on rails. I posted times equal to ZL1s last year in the autocross at Cfest.
Smkymts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #12
SS PANTHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smkymts View Post
I use SLPs which accurally are Eibach. The front and rear are 29mm instead of the stock 23mm. The front has two adjustment holes and the rear had three. The car really stiffens up. Along with Eibachs lowering springs, the car sits 1" lower and huges the curves on rails. I posted times equal to ZL1s last year in the autocross at Cfest.
That's good to hear. Look forwarded to getting mine.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #13
Falundir

While sways and springs help greatly, those alone wouldn't allow for a mostly stock vert to hang with a ZL1. Give credit where credit is due Smkymts, you were obviously the better driver.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #14
Smkymts

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
Quote:
While sways and springs help greatly, those alone wouldn't allow for a mostly stock vert to hang with a ZL1. Give credit where credit is due Smkymts, you were obviously the better driver.
Thanks for saying that. You made my shitty day have a smile. But a lot of the credit goes to the Supercharger, race cam and Tune as well. But all is for not because it looks like Lucas Raceway isn't going to let convertibles race this year without roll cages which my car will never have. I am still waiting on final word but it looks doubtful. So the host hotel will be having an opening.
Smkymts is offline   Reply With Quote