Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Wow....some people are soo Unapreciatitive.

Hey guys, i need to rant and well, the family always hears the rant so bare with me
So i woke up this morning to beautiful snow. Looked at my monitor(video cameras set up) and see about 10 cm of snow on the driveway. So feeling like Mr. Rogers i get up with a smile. Ate breakfeast and got ready for the workout outside.
Just a little history info. Im 18, tore my MCL, ACL and meniscus of my left knee this year and had surgury in september. Because of the injury, my body has been compensating so i have had bad lower back pain, knee pain and now my left foot has really bad pain after about 5 minutes of walking. To top that off, i have an inflamed toe so i could barely walk with my left foot. Well it got better today, and my knee has also gotten better. So i was kind of excited to see how my leg would hold up shoveling snow. So i get ready, open the door and see that its raining quite a bit. I look at snow and realize that this is now mostly packing snow and heavy slush/snow.
So i soldier on. My driveway is a double and i have to shovel the sidewalk, so there is quite a bit of shoveling to do all by myself (I didnt want my parents shovelling the snow after after work). So i open the garage and the following happens.
My beautiful IOM 2LT/RS (Paige) is sleeping with her nose pointing out towards the driveway. Shes soo beautiful. Anyways, being 18 with a knee injury means that im not in the condition to work and well the $600 insurance payments are hard enough to pay for at 18. So no car cover :(
So not realizing the garage door being soaked. The door begins to open and a huge smile comes across my face as i see Paige's face uncovering () so the garage fully opens and then the rain waters begins to drop from the garage now flush with ceiling onto my clean baby. so im thinking damn!. SO i watch the rest of the water from the garage drip all over the hood of my car. So im thinking great, somehow i gota dry her off afterwards. So i pull out the shovel and start shoveling away. Within about 3 feet of shoveling, the shovel probably weighs close to 24 lbs. So im shoveling away taking minor breaks and then see a car get stuck about 15 ft away from my house. I always help people out as much as i can. So this guy is hitting the gas at full speed and is going nowhere So i start walking over to his vehicle and he sees me but kind of ignores me......okkkk....so he roles his window down after i play charaedes of trying to convince this guy that ill push his car. So the windows roles down and i said, "Did you want me to push the back so you can get out" he says "Sure"
So its raining and i dont have waterproof gloves,just those thin black wool ones. So here i am, about 3 quarters done shoveling my driveway at that point and now helping this guy. Remember my injuries so doing this is probably not the best idea. Anyways i proceed to help since i would expect the same help from others if i was stuck. So....i put my hands on his car and my gloves are now soaked. I push and he gets free but continues to go down the road without a word, but gunnning it to try to avoid getting stuck (probably moving at 8km but speedo must of been hitting 60-80km or somthing) So theres snow flying all over the place, almost hitting me. So i start walking over to my driveway and he pulls into his. This guy, not only lives practically across the street, pulls in his driveway, goes to his door and just walks in his house. No thank you, no sign of gratitude at all. So im sitting there with soaked gloves, pain in my left leg, and im kinda shocked. i was in disbelief of how arrogant this person must be. I dont expect an award or something, but atleast a thank you would make it worth while. And then i realized i should probably get used to this seeing as how im going to become a Police officer within the next few years and we all know cops dont get much appreciation at all. So i continue to start shoveling the rest of my driveway. And im kind a snapping in my head. Like what a jack@ss. So im thinking in my head, "never going out of my way to help again." And then i thought, no. I was wrong. Sure there are aholes out there who dont deserve help but helping others, even if only one person ever really thanks you makes it all worth while.
So moral of the story, my neighbor is a complete jackass but not all people are. So help others if you can because good karma comes around.
Thanks for lisenting to my rant, its let me get my priorities straight
Im still amazed by how unappreciatitive this guy was......
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #2
TJ91

sorry about all the "So I" was just ranting, not really editing
Old 12-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #3
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
sounds like a ne wyorker

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #4
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
No need to be sorry TJ. I thought it read just fine.

Sorry your neighbor was just a douchebag... But, I think you did the right thing either way.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #5
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo

Drives: 2010 2LT RS BLACK/BEIGE
All I can offer you is Karma...you'll get what you deserve and he'll get his!

'I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood' ~ Pearl Jam Wishlist
TIE FIGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
TJ91

Thanks guys Its nice to know you got family outside the family
Old 12-09-2009, 11:49 AM   #7
Bonnie
Bonfyre

Drives: C6, 2005 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIE FIGHTR View Post
All I can offer you is Karma...you'll get what you deserve and he'll get his!
, thats what I was going to say! It always comes back to you. Good or bad
Old 12-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #8
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
What a skadooshbag. Sux man.

Still you did the right thing.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #9
monkeywrenching

Drives: 1LT/RS
You could always smile and wave at him next time.......because you know it will happen. Karma.
monkeywrenching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #10
Eric-MPD1.com

Drives: Cool parts for cool cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post

Amen! do the right thing always. I gotta add, just MAKE SURE you don't let anyone take advantage of your kindness. Going through a situation now myself where "a friend" turned into a opportunist. There are a lot of really good people in this world, sorry you had to meet up with a thankless smuck
Eric-MPD1.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:48 PM   #11
bozbot
Boom goes the dynamite

Drives: '02 civic
Send a message via AIM to bozbot
sorry to hear about your dirtbag neighbor. I know i am not him but I will just say thank you for being a kind person. it amazes me how people have gotten. its like a simple thank you is asking too much. I went on a few dates with this one chick and one of the quirks about her I couldnt get over was the fact that she never said thank you. I would open doors for her, ya know do all the "gentlemen" stuff that I am used to doing and I never heard thank you from her ever. dont get me wrong I dont expect a thank you every time but once in a while would be nice

bozbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:20 AM   #12
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo

Drives: 2010 2LT RS BLACK/BEIGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
And I was going to say, Geaux Tigers!

'I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood' ~ Pearl Jam Wishlist
TIE FIGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:05 AM   #13
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
did u ever clean the hood of the camaro??? did the driveway ever get cleaned???? i need to hear the end of the story !!!!!

welcome to my world Tj. being 19 now people dont give u the thanks u desereve when u do something nice. like example i was leaveing a resturant with the family and i held the door open for a lady in a wheel chair as he husband pushed her out. did u think any of them thanked me, nope they just expected me to open and hold the door for them.

btw u still getting ur butt handed to u by mazda3s? LOL! jokes.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:03 PM   #14
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
You're clearly a good guy, and that's what counts. Don't let these kinds of people phase you.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote