Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #365
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
What conclusion did Pedders or PFADT come to regarding the front end noise?

-Funk
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #366
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffnshine View Post
Lol, Aaron from PFADT was under mine as well at Fest. I have not expierenced the front other than the popping needed to be isolated as to where it was coming from. I'm just we have such knowledgable people in the community who are dedicated to better engineer the mouse trap
Truth.

Check it out....

Pedders Roadside Assistance in Action

But again, IMO, the front and the rear noises are two totally different things people are experiencing. I think this one here is more about the front right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
My popping from the right front is not exactly a metallic pop. It's more of a quick tire rub sound (I'm totally stock) I'm thinking more along the lines of a sway bar bushing or the strut twisting, not a metal to metal snap/movement.

Now FWIW, it did pop a few times, but that seems to have stopped...at least for now
Oh no...the rears at the LCA's is an obvious metal clink. The noise from the front right is more of a THUD kind of like how you mentioned the spring or strut twisting and then popping back into place. I need to get some time to install, but I have some new strut mounts. We are going to take it all apart very carefully and check everything....and then put in the new mounts. We'll see if that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr View Post
What conclusion did Pedders or PFADT come to regarding the front end noise?

-Funk
I don't think I ever asked them to look into that one. We just knew it was the rear LCA's from where the repeated popping was coming from. We went straight back there and kind of already knew what was going on.

Nope...never asked him about the front. But, that would be something good to bring up.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:54 PM   #367
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I understand the low approval ratings for my response. Unfortunately that is the information that I have at this time. If I ever get any information to the contrary I will update all of you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:57 AM   #368
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Well, I haven't heard any popping in my car for the last 5 days or so. ...and I'm trying to drive it enough to get it to pop. Nada. No...I haven't done anything. So...
Old 04-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #369
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgndlt5 View Post
HI Jeff. With all due repect and substantial appreciation for your frequent and kind assistance to the members of this board. What you speak above is the limitation inherent in your position. During my 28 years in dealer service, GM and Ford, I know this approach is the traditional 'we don't want to address anything we can talk our way out of " factory approach. We realize for the most part that pre release testing is not nearly as telling and effective as customer/owner testing. The frustration is that GM will not take the time to research the fix OR has and is unwilling to step up to the cost of correction. Let's be relistic about this. Two (2) weeks ago, among other minor warranty repairs I had the dealer look into this problem, on both sides. They replaced both the struts even when I suggested that it could possibly be solved with the superceded foam spring saddle part only. The new struts solved the problem on the drivers side but the passenger side is no better and perceptually a bit worse. How is this consistent with 'it is "normal"???? The dealers answer to "did you replace the spring saddles with the upgraded superceded part number(?), was "no.... I lubed the black rubber ones!" My question is why did one side correct and not the other when both struts were replaced? It is back in today for the same. How do I proceed to open a "case" with GM as I am close to expiration of the basic 3/36? Thanks in advance for your answer and again for all you do in support of these now very many owners! John
If you would like me to get a case setup for you all you would need to do is send me your name, address and phone number and I will take care of it from there. If anyone else is interested in getting a case setup please direct message me with the information above and a short description and I will take care of you from there. I hope this helps.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #370
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I only get it when backing up a long distance. Mine feels like it's the front right side. Feel it in the floor.

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #371
pnyklr

Six Day Bump

-Funk
2012 Convert 2SS/RS SW/IO LS3 - Build #1081

07/21/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping.
08/09/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
08/16/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
08/19/2011 - In my possession.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #372
pnyklr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
296 Day Funk
Yep, 296 days and no resolution from GM.

-Funk
2012 Convert 2SS/RS SW/IO LS3 - Build #1081

07/21/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping.
08/09/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
08/16/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
08/19/2011 - In my possession.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #373
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Pink's car has had this problem for a long time now. It also happens when turning the steering wheel all the way to the lock position when backing out of a spot or making a tight turn. We took it to the dealer and they say they couldn't reproduce it. I got in it the next day and it did as I was backing it out of a parking space.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:17 AM   #374
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drive it hard....see if it "settles" back into place. Mine was fine for 20k miles. Then it started. Did it for a couple months and seems that it is gone now. Freaking weird...

I've got the new spring mounts just in case (thanks Becky!!!) but so far, I have not had to put them in. I know if it comes back, they are going right in...see what happens.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:13 AM   #375
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Pink's car has had this problem for a long time now. It also happens when turning the steering wheel all the way to the lock position when backing out of a spot or making a tight turn. We took it to the dealer and they say they couldn't reproduce it. I got in it the next day and it did as I was backing it out of a parking space.
that sounds like a bad ball joint.
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #376
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

^^^the popping during turning is what was happening on mine and several others, though as well.

I don't think it could be that because mine went away. I can't say I know...but I can just add my experience and what I only believe it could be.

Honestly, it sounds like that spring is twisting and turning and slipping on some sort of a ridge. It'll slip off and pop...and when you turn back to the opposite, it moves back...kind of like a rubbing over a bump...with sharp edges...if you can kind of picture it.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #377
caperss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS red white stripe
Solved my problem with fr end popping

I had the same noise everyone is hearing. After looking over everything and lots of time spent I discovered one of the swaybar mounting studs in the frame rail (driver side front) was not welded/pressed in the frame correctly. It was loose so when ever I hit a small bump there was enough lash that it would make the noise. I welded the stud and tightened everything back up and now I have gone 8k miles since then and quiet as a mouse
caperss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #378
Kenji

Drives: 2SS/RS M6 SW
My problem was also the swaybar. The end-link connections were loose and not tightened down causing all the clunking since I took delivery of my Camaro. To tighten them you have to have a 15mm deep socket on the nut AND a 19mm wrench on the backside. Now the car rides smooth, tight, and clunk free!

BTW- I've seen a number of Camaros with loose screws, bolts, and nuts here and there.