Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
cyberdef

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Gen5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness - Problems

New to the forum.

After reading all of the reviews of the harnesses that Gen5 DIY makes and the LED replacement bulbs for the DRL's I bought the PSX26W 11watt 6K and the Virginia Legal DRL Harness. The LED's work nice and now match the headlights .

The problem that I am having is that the harness does not look like the one on the site. The one on the site has three different T connections while the one that was shipped only has two (one for the main harness and one for the passenger headlight harness). I don’t know if that matters or not . With the connections that I have on this harness all buttoned up, the DRL’s still do not come on when the headlights are turned on. They do come on when the car is off and I unlock the doors, but that is the only time that they do.

Some help would be appreciated.
cyberdef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #2
alanhurst
Master Chief

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
Maybe it's faulty I put one on not that long ago and it only has 2 connections and it works just fine. Kind of hard to mess the install of it up honestly.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
Just PM Ofer 2ssrs on here. I am sure he will help you out.
zandron263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
people make mistakes just pm or email him, no need to come on the fourm right away.
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
cyberdef

Got ahold of him and was trying to figure out the issue. The harness is supposed to only have two T connections so that is the good news.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #6
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Mine was the original harness and he may have made changes, but I have 3 connectors and a relay.

(just realized that this is the same photo on the website lol

Halo's and fogs work together but fogs go out with the high beams, via the relay.

One T at the main connector behind passenger wheel, then one for each fog (drl)

The Crossover cable may have been unnecessary? Sorry to hear you're having issues but I know he will make it right!

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #7
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrichards73 View Post
Mine was the original harness and he may have made changes, but I have 3 connectors and a relay.

(just realized that this is the same photo on the website lol

Halo's and fogs work together but fogs go out with the high beams, via the relay.

One T at the main connector behind passenger wheel, then one for each fog (drl)

The Crossover cable may have been unnecessary? Sorry to hear you're having issues but I know he will make it right!
Your came with the Halo harness in there as well, He is sending it back and i will replace it if that is what it takes.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #8
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Thats why whenever anyone says "hey I want x to do y" we all say "call 2SSRS" LOL!

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:37 AM   #9
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Is Virginia the new California, they have to have all of there own "Virginia Legal" crap. I mean seriously, I'm glad Alabama embarrassed Frank Beamer last time they met and they are going to do again shortly.

Actually I like Frank Beamer, but I'm just saying
Old 05-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #10
cyberdef

The relay was the issue. Went to Auto Zone and got another relay. The DRL/FOG lights stay on while the headlights are on. Just wanted the ability to be legal in Virginia if we move there. I am on the VA/NC border (NC side) and if we decide to move closer to my Command, don't want later issues with inspections. Gen5DIY helped with pictures to make sure it was wired right and once I tested the relay by itself, it turned out to be the culprit. I appreciate the help and quick response.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #11
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdef View Post
The relay was the issue. Went to Auto Zone and got another relay. The DRL/FOG lights stay on while the headlights are on. Just wanted the ability to be legal in Virginia if we move there. I am on the VA/NC border (NC side) and if we decide to move closer to my Command, don't want later issues with inspections. Gen5DIY helped with pictures to make sure it was wired right and once I tested the relay by itself, it turned out to be the culprit. I appreciate the help and quick response.
glad to see Ofer was able to help you out.

Tags
drl and headlights