Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #85
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I just remember something similar to this happened to a family I knew growing up. Long story short a baseball incident had dented the hood of the oldest son's newish car. Eagle Talon or something that he had worked hard to get.

So while at the dealership, some yoho decided to joy ride in it to get parts from somewhere, nobody knows why he needed to use someone's car and not a dealer vehicle. But anyway, he wrecked it, the fixed it and didn't tell the owner. When inspecting the car over spray on the tail lights from the repair was found.

In this particular case the guy's dad was a lawyer who's specialty was automobile accidents, on the other side actually, his main client was Chrysler, so he was pretty familiar with what to do. They didn't really get lip from the dealership on that one, it was settled.

So yeah, again, lawyer.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #86
SS Blinder

Drives: 2011 SS (Sparrow Spearer???)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
Just saw the photographs. Wow! I would think if the dealership was liable the insurance company would cover the attorney fees. The problem is if the employee acted on his own, meaning not on company time, it is between he and you.

I wish you luck.

this does not apply. he grabbed keys from a place that only employees have access too. they (stealership and employee) need to pay for this mans car. This is a total lack of respect to someone else's property.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #87
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...too many pounds of flesh to be extracted here....way over the top. Center, take a breath everybody, it's a clear cut case of negligence on the dealers part and they are responsible for it despite any anecdotale information or side show venomous postings by the pile on crowd here.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #88
BigBoyBlue
Go NY Giants & NY Rangers

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...too many pounds of flesh to be extracted here....way over the top. Center, take a breath everybody, it's a clear cut case of negligence on the dealers part and they are responsible for it despite any anecdotale information or side show venomous postings by the pile on crowd here.
Did you not read the thread? The dealer is NOT being cooperative. They won't even give the OP's insurance company their own insurance info.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #89
OldScoolCamaro

^, dude, follow my advice, it's sound...in the end ...believe half of what you see and none of what you hear <Ben Franklin>.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #90
jhoop302

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
RIP 2012 ZL1 #1635 Pt. 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
Why isn't the service writer in jail for grand theft auto?
The state police said we cannot press charges because the car was not in our possession at the time of the theft. The dealer CAN press charges for "unauthorized use" but has not yet done so.

ALSO, NO paperwork was signed when the vehicle was originally taken in for the paint issues. That was actually the 2nd time the vehicle was in--the first time they buffed it out and actually removed more paint than they fixed.

The dealership does not have one single piece of paper signed by me other than the original bill of sale/sales contract (dated June 25, 2012).

I guess they don't have to worry about that paint problem now...

John
Old 12-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #91
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6 #5591
No john the paint makes no difference now. But as a business owner I'm require to have theft insurance on my employees. Case close
Dyna-Tech Headers Ceramic Coated w/Super Flo Cats, JRE Custom Rough Idle Racing Cam Package and 125 RWHP Pulley Kit w/ 28% pulley, Custom Tune by Ted, ID850 injectors, JMS Fuel Booster, NGK Plugs, MSD Plug Wires, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Elite Catch Can, Mild to Wild, 90mm VMaxx Ported Throttle Body, Skip Shift Elim., D3 Coolant Resevoir, Separated Clutch Resevoir, and Fuzzy Red Dice..
Old 12-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #92
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Holy crap. I have now heard it all. Some dealers will do everything short of stealing your first born. I would tend to doubt the OPs story but Ive dealt with service departments like this myself, though not to this degree. Good luck.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #93
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Well at least this thread has caught traction and not slowing down. That means we aren't letting this go. That dealer better get the hint.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #94
Camaro2ss2013

Drives: 2013 2SS Camaro
This is not the first time this has happened. Get a lawyer to take the case on contingency. If your story is correct you will win on gross negligence alone. The last one of these stories I read the guy ended up with a 3 year newer model car out of the deal plus some cash in his pocket for the trouble. This is why the dealership carries insurance.

Does this not fit this case perfectly?

gross negligence
n. carelessness which is in reckless disregard for the safety or lives of others, and is so great it appears to be a conscious violation of other people's rights to safety. It is more than simple inadvertence, but it is just shy of being intentionally evil. If one has borrowed or contracted to take care of another's property, then gross negligence is the failure to actively take the care one would of his/her own property. If gross negligence is found by the trier of fact (judge or jury), it can result in the award of punitive damages on top of general and special damages.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #95
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Wow! Sorry to hear this. Some dealers never should be open. I would be furious ! I hope you saved that phone call. Well recorded it.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #96
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
I hope that dealership lose everything.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #97
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
The state police said we cannot press charges because the car was not in our possession at the time of the theft. The dealer CAN press charges for "unauthorized use" but has not yet done so.

ALSO, NO paperwork was signed when the vehicle was originally taken in for the paint issues. That was actually the 2nd time the vehicle was in--the first time they buffed it out and actually removed more paint than they fixed.

The dealership does not have one single piece of paper signed by me other than the original bill of sale/sales contract (dated June 25, 2012).

I guess they don't have to worry about that paint problem now...

John
OK, the theft non-issue I get. When cars are taken in for warranty work or service of any kind to the dealership, the owner signs nothing, the record of work is documented by the service writer in house. It is on file with the dealer in the computer. The car did not mysteriously show up for no reason there and get totalled. That's another non-issue. If they are dragging their feet by all means get an attorney. He will write a letter of intent to them for a fee to you, around 200.00 or so. Then, relax and sit back. The dealer has no option other than to make you whole. Otherwise you have grounds for a lawsuit.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #98
eymang

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
Now this is pisssing me off. Has the dealer taken action on the service writer? Is he still an employee? alot of times companies will let go, washing their hands so now its a civil case between the driver and the owner. If the vehicle was totaled(dealer insurance is paying) did you have gap insurance or other coverage to cover the differance in loss. If not then thats what you should be pursuing and sueing the dealer towards getting another ZL1. If this only dealer stands behind the heartbeat of america then they should make good, word of mouth travels.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1