Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #29
Jchaluja

Drives: ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
If the goal is 1000+rwhp I would go twins all day. You can get there on pump gas and a 110% street car on relatively low boost (16-17psi).

Being able to adjust from 3-different boost settings (So the car isn't always in "Race" mode) is a nice bonus

Splash in race gas and turn up the boost into the low 20's and make 1200+rwhp or pull it back to 10psi and roll around on "Only" 700rwhp.
Jeff
+1 I'm not in that league (1,000 whp), but I run 3 different boost settings, from 620 whp street to 760 whp by just flipping a switch, I've been driving my tt for over 3 years now, turbos have never been an issue......just make sure it's a well designed system and use good reputable brands which looks like your builder is already doing
Jchaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #30
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Just drove down to Ft Worth to my shop SNL Performance. They have done 95% of my car so far....outstanding shop BTW!

Had to pick up my broken LS3 and aeromotive eliminator pump, speed controller, and my old LPE dual pump setup as well as a other miscellaneous odds and ends. This motor with SNL V3 cam will be built and go into my '83 K10 4x4 eventually

Anyway, Steve the owner and Dustin the lead tech talked me into a custom Twin Precision Turbo 6766 setup.

Im running the little D1sc on this big breathing HKE LSX427 with Mast LS7 6 bolt heads and its over tasked and major slip at 5300 rpm.

So my options are F1r with big race intercooler, new tubing and BOV or twin 6766 turbos custom built.

SNL will custom fabricate this system for a pretty good deal since my car has pretty much been built by these guys.

Car is almost 100% street car and will see the 2.5 mile road course a few times a year....probably never will see the 1/4 or 1/8.

Not a daily driver, just a nice retirement present... The 700rwhp now is insane but this motor is capable of so much more. Might as well get the most out of it.

So, F1R, F1X with race intercooler and new tubing or custom TT setup running twin PT6766

My goal is a good driving street car that joins the 1000rwhp club here on Camaro5. Read my sig line for mods so far.

HELP!!!!!!
This http://vortechsuperchargers.wordpres...s-street-cars/
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #31
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I was just thinking about posting this as well...

Has it become available yet though?
Old 02-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #32
camarostar2010

Drives: 2011 SS
All I can say is I love my tt set up. Absolute power in any rpm. The idle and street manners are better then stock. And the quiet sleeper approach is awesome, until you hit the pedal, and hear jet engines. I am in love 1 yr later like a married couple.
Attached Images

camarostar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #33
ChargedCamaro

Drives: Twin Turbo LSX Camaro
Does anyone know if the f1-r is a good street head unit?
ChargedCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #34
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
That unit is monstrous, bigger than the F1X. I really dont want to hack into my shock tower to get anything to fit. I have looked at this and was intrigued.

Im thinking, nothing ventured nothing gained. I may just try the TT route. My shop is using all quality parts and will coat the units and manifolds and the piping as well. They are going to use Precision Turbo 6766 turbos and should allow for future endeavors if i feel the need. The 3 different boost levels i did not know about.....does this require 3 different tunes? I have the EFI Live AutoCal that can store 5 of Pat G's tunes.

Thanks guys.....what ever became of Darth Emma's twin build?
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #35
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
TT IMHO....
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #36
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
According to the thread about about the V11 XB110, it would require fabbing a power steering bracket and some surgery of the shock tower and possibly the frame rail. I am going to stuff one of these in my car one of these days (years)... mark my words.

Emma's engine is being rebuilt according to her thread. She is changing intakes, heads, and some other stuff IIRC.

Jim,
I think you have already made up your mind and are yearning for approval...
I predict you going TT and you will scratch that itch you have and be in the know whether you did the correct thing or not which be will judged by the grin factor you will possess.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #37
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargedCamaro View Post
Does anyone know if the f1-r is a good street head unit?
The F1R sucks for a street unit because of heat issues. I had one and trying to drive it around it would get to 230 degrees instantly and that's with the large race intercooler. I switched to an F2 with same intercooler and haven't seen the temp get any higher than 174 degrees.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #38
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
Here's something to keep in mind when you make your decision, I loved twin turbos when I had my import, but what I love about a blower is popping the hood and just showing it off to people. If you're gonna do that with TT, you might as well bring a portable lift. It would be like pulling your pants down to show everyone your small dick. Just saying. That's the only downside I can see. Another thing you can think about is Vortech's new TI trim. It's said to be released soon, and is suppose to achieve 1000rwhp.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #39
east TX Muscle cars

Drives: 2x 05 Vettes/65'AC cobra/68 camaro
Quote:
That unit is monstrous, bigger than the F1X. I really dont want to hack into my shock tower to get anything to fit. I have looked at this and was intrigued.
yea the V11 is what i was thinking from the first post. we have one coming our way to try and fit into a F body, a c6 and our drag car. These blowers are going to be CRAZY! your talking 1900 HP capable...

Im also trying to talk one of our YSI 2010 camaro builds into switching o this and letting us fab one in. the biggest thing looks like there will need to be a new bracket made to hold the blower, and the tower will need to be modified. RMCR send there blower back to Vortec and we will hopefully be getting that one in here soon and getting it to fit on a few cars and doing some testing! That would be the ultimate!

i have had 2 1000HP TT cars, and have 3 SC cars right now
one of those SC cars were a TT car, but now has a YSI. ........yet i am building a TT car also for me now. LOL. i love them BOTH and so will you with whichever decision you make.
east TX Muscle cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #40
east TX Muscle cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82xx View Post
Here's something to keep in mind when you make your decision, I loved twin turbos when I had my import, but what I love about a blower is popping the hood and just showing it off to people. If you're gonna do that with TT, you might as well bring a portable lift. It would be like pulling your pants down to show everyone your small dick. Just saying. That's the only downside I can see. Another thing you can think about is Vortech's new TI trim. It's said to be released soon, and is suppose to achieve 1000rwhp.
The TI trim has been out for 2ish months now it took the place of the T trim, the YSI is bigger (1200HP) and still street friendly. the Ysi would be the best route if you were going vortec. unless he wants to do a fab kit and do the V11.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #41
east TX Muscle cars

Quote:

Im thinking, nothing ventured nothing gained. I may just try the TT route. My shop is using all quality parts and will coat the units and manifolds and the piping as well. They are going to use Precision Turbo 6766 turbos and should allow for future endeavors if i feel the need. The 3 different boost levels i did not know about.....does this require 3 different tunes? I have the EFI Live AutoCal that can store 5 of Pat G's tunes.

Thanks guys.....what ever became of Darth Emma's twin build?
If you SD tune the car right, at all those levels you wont need 3 different tunes one will do it all, it will fuel for whatever KPA you will be running
Old 02-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #42
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by east TX Muscle cars View Post
The TI trim has been out for 2ish months now it took the place of the T trim, the YSI is bigger (1200HP) and still street friendly. the Ysi would be the best route if you were going vortec. unless he wants to do a fab kit and do the V11.
That's weird. I called Vortech last month and they said they have shops doing testing, but aren't ready to release to the public yet. They also said that if I was to switch out to the TI, that they highly recommend not doing it unless I had a built motor, that's what made me think that this might work well for him.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote