Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
DrkMatr

Drives: Opposite of my brother
Litespeed Racing Exhaust Review

“The only titanium Exhaust system available for 2010 and up Camaro. The 2010 and up Camaro is a true performance car with great handling braking and power. This titanium axel back exhaust was engineered to increase all areas of performance by reducing weight, and increasing horse power and torque, all while giving your Camaro a more agressive and exotic sounding exhaust note. The axle back design can be used with your stock exhaust or added to aftermarket cat-back pipes that have stock exit points. “ –Litespeed Racing
http://litespeed-racing.myshopify.co...tanium-exhaust (Website if you would like to order after review)

SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY ON SALE!!!!

This will be my review of the titanium exhaust system. I have just recently installed the new titanium exhaust by Litespeed Racing, this exhaust I personally have to say it’s the best I ever had on my car. I’ve had a lot of exhausts on my car and this by far is the best sounding, looking and can you say WOW! on the weight of it. I did not weight it before I put it on my car but the box it came in said 17lbs and I was able to put it under my arm and carry it with one arm. I could not say that with my other exhausts even the lightest one I had (SLP Loudmouth 1).
Starting with the feel and look of it I have to say the blue burnt tips were not my absolute favorite when I opened the box since my car is red and black, but after install it does personally give it an aggressive look to the back of my car with the other mods installed (Havoc rear diffuser and High Rise spoiler). After installing I brought my car out to my friends to get their honest opinion, I got the same results from them as I was thinking, It just fits the Camaro it fits the look and style by giving it a nice sound and look.
How it sounds. I have installed just the axle-back exhaust but after I break it in I will be installing and writing a review of the full cat-back exhaust by Litespeed Racing. The sound I would have to say is the best sound for me. I can explain it by saying it is what an American muscle car should sound like, it just makes my car sound so nice and not loud and annoying like some import exhaust yet not quiet or subtle like the stock exhaust or the Gm performance exhaust I had on my car previously. The problem with the previous exhaust I had on my car that it was to loud and had to much drone for me I couldn’t have a conversation in my car when I was pressing the gas and as a daily driver it really gets to you. (Slp Loudmouth I) straight pipes and not worth the money I rather take it to meineke and get a custom 3” exhaust put in and save myself $200 since it is to much drone for me as a DD. Compare that with my other exhaust the GM performance no drone in the car, lighter then the big trashcans of the stock and has a little more umph to the sound then the stock. The Gm is still not the best out there I rather buy a Borla since it is made by them. This exhaust by Litespeed Racing I personally have to say it is a mix of both of these exhaust no drone when your on cruise but when you step on it then you can really hear it but not to loud where you cant even have a conversation with a passenger enjoying the ride. The titanium exhaust is an awesome upgrade for me and I do not regret getting this exhaust on my car it sounds mean, looks aggressive with the blue tips but it still holds its own within the car (noise level) and outside the car (not a cop pulling exhaust).

Will update this thread when I install the full catback (V6 no engine mods done only CAI intake)
Will also be installing in v8 Camaro to display the difference side by side

Photos:
http://instagram.com/p/cWj95OpYBb/ (On this instagram I will be posting pics and video clips of the exhaust in action and at shows to see peoples reactions and so forth so please follow and support for more details to come)

Video Below Will post my own soon with both camaros lined up to hear the difference

Last edited by DrkMatr; 03-24-2014 at 01:11 PM.
DrkMatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
13BlackCamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Sounds great and looks good but the price is a joke if it really is $1450 for an axel back

2016 2SS, NPP, Adrenaline Red Leather and Pads, 6sp, Sunroof, Black Bowties, Upgraded Wheels, 15% Tint, Kooks Headers, MBRP Exhaust, 1LE Wheels, Badging, Ported Throttle Body, Procharged, Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit

Coming Soon: Custom Cam, E85, Ported Heads
13BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
DrkMatr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13BlackCamaroSS View Post
Sounds great and looks good but the price is a joke if it really is $1450 for an axel back
full titanium does run around $1000+ not just for the camaro but for many other cars the advantages are really great over any exhaust out there and thats my personal opinion. You get a lot i mean a lot less weight on them, look good, sound great and are durable. If your interested email Patrick you can always help you in pricing and the Full cat-back is available I just put the axle-back on mine to see the sound of it
Old 07-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
I have been wondering when someone was going to drop the coin for this thing. Way to expensive for an axle back but I do understand it's made from titanium though. You do have to pay to play. That is one sweet sounding exhaust note. I wonder how LT's will affect it? My guess is it will get real raspy.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
DrkMatr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
I have been wondering when someone was going to drop the coin for this thing. Way to expensive for an axle back but I do understand it's made from titanium though. You do have to pay to play.
I mean if you have it go for it its the best for the price and only one around that is full titanium. And i know for a fact if you message Patrick at Litespeed he would more then likely help you on pricing if your interested. I like it becuase of the weight and sound and look of it. Good for the track if your going for lightweight. It is also available in full cat-back but I do not know the price.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
I just might look into this. I'd only need an axle back and no tips since I run GFX. Do you happen to know anyone else with this exhaust that might have LT's too?
Old 07-30-2013, 10:34 PM   #7
RenegadeSS

Drives: Camaro LLT
I need to come over and here it bro! Let me know!
Old 07-31-2013, 02:07 AM   #8
cslee0811

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
WOW! 17 LBS? That's impressi... wait... what? $1400!?!?!?!?!
cslee0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:47 AM   #9
Brian 1LE SS

Drives: 98 Camaro SS
If it was a racing exhaust it wouldn't go past the axle. Lol
<a href=http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia/data/500/562752_4054654816027_115782456_n.jpg target=_blank>http://www.norcal-lsx.com/multimedia...15782456_n.jpg</a>
Brian 1LE SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:22 AM   #10
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
A little too raspy for me - doesn't have that deep V8 sound. I think the MRT-V2s I had on my 1LT sounded better.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #11
DrkMatr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
I just might look into this. I'd only need an axle back and no tips since I run GFX. Do you happen to know anyone else with this exhaust that might have LT's too?
Yes I have then on my lt just haven't recorded a video yet of the whole sound and performance but I will soon.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #12
DrkMatr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeSS View Post
I need to come over and here it bro! Let me know!
Anytime I need to record the video this week so just hmu
Old 07-31-2013, 09:52 AM   #13
DrkMatr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
A little too raspy for me - doesn't have that deep V8 sound. I think the MRT-V2s I had on my 1LT sounded better.
The video is good but it doesn't show it off like I'm going to..mrt2 is a good exhaust I had it on my car before this. But I can easily get more raspy on my lt. Make sure you listen to it with headphones on
Old 07-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #14
DrkMatr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslee0811 View Post
WOW! 17 LBS? That's impressi... wait... what? $1400!?!?!?!?!
Lol yes I know but it's full titanium which costs around that price for any car but if you are interested just tell them I sent you and they will hook you up

Tags
axle back, exhaust, litespeed, litespeed racing, titanium