Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #15
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
You have totally missed the point. It's not about bolting parts on and making something as fast in a straightaway. Sure you can do this. The point is it still does not match the total package/ability of the ZL1. You simply can't do this for the price of a ZL1. When I say total package, I mean performance and durability. It can't be done with bolt ons.

One more point... It's going to take more than headers, exhaust and CAI to hang with a ZL1. What your lacking is torque. I had a max build NA SS that put 485 HP to the wheels. My stock ZL1 is quicker due to instant torque from the S/C.
I got the point the first time and I'll say it again your so wrong.
I disagree on every aspect of your argument.
Your car stock is running quarter miles at 12.1 , it's a no brainer that my car will run at least that with the work that's done to it, again common sense.
And as far as handling goes, we all know how awesome the 1LE does around the track, so with a little more power, again say goodnight to the Z or at very least they'll be finishing side by side...
So you need to get a basic understanding of what's up here.. . your car is sweet but think your in denial of how fast an actual Z is, it's No super car!
And to be honest it's not that impressive for the money at all IMO ....now a 1Le ,WOW what a bang for the Buck!!
So in conclusion your wrong, I can make my car for significantly less money perform just as good as yours if not better. I didn't even mention the fact of what a supercharger would do... can you say bye bye Z
Even doing the charger will still be less money then buying a Z!!

By the way sweet car!!

Last edited by CRTZL1; 04-13-2013 at 11:50 AM.
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #16
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Look young man (assumption based on your responses), I never claimed anything about the Z. I made a few simple points that most knowledgable Camaro people can understand and likely agree with. I have had a totally stock SS. I have had another highly modified SS. I know from which I speak. I was on the way to upgrading everything on the SS to make it what the ZL1 turned out to be. I would have had well in excess of $20K into the car (on top of the purchase price). This isn't about racing. While you say you got the point I fear your emotions on the subject are preventing you from getting it. It's not about which one is faster at a drag strip. You should really do some research because you are making yourself sound very silly. Go do some homework.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #17
CRTZL1
Banned

Quote:
Look young man (assumption based on your responses), I never claimed anything about the Z. I made a few simple points that most knowledgable Camaro people can understand and likely agree with. I have had a totally stock SS. I have had another highly modified SS. I know from which I speak. I was on the way to upgrading everything on the SS to make it what the ZL1 turned out to be. I would have had well in excess of $20K into the car (on top of the purchase price). This isn't about racing. While you say you got the point I fear your emotions on the subject are preventing you from getting it. It's not about which one is faster at a drag strip. You should really do some research because you are making yourself sound very silly. Go do some homework.
Here here old man!! It is you who needs to do some research and it is you that sounds silly!!
Time for reality check!
you simply have no clue, you entertaining though I give you that!!!

Google is a powerful tool, get familiar with it!
Old 04-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #18
CRTZL1
Banned

Ahh old men and there wanna be super cars, got love it!!
Old 04-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #19
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS55 View Post
Ahh old men and there wanna be super cars, got love it!!
I think you are ONLY selling yourself.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #20
CRTZL1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I think you are ONLY selling yourself.
Think away!
Old 04-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #21
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
My money is on a H/C 1LE on the strip and the road course. Some guys run 11s@124mph+ on the 1/4. The instant torque is great, but if youre always in your powerband with the right gearing, you get the same instant torque in a N/A build. I know were talking about stock VS modded, which isnt fair, but the ZL1 is 15$K more. Plenty of cash to burn into mods. I dont like the ZL1 supercharged/heat problems. Very heavy car too.

ZL1 is the superior car stock vs stock, but the 1LE is damn close even with 150hp less, costing 15K less too!! Anyway, GM inflated the hp number, its the same engine as the CTSV and I'm sure its more 556hp than 580. Stupid marketing.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #22
CRTZL1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
My money is on a H/C 1LE on the strip and the road course. Some guys run 11s@124mph+ on the 1/4. The instant torque is great, but if youre always in your powerband with the right gearing, you get the same instant torque in a N/A build. I know were talking about stock VS modded, which isnt fair, but the ZL1 is 15$K more. Plenty of cash to burn into mods. I dont like the ZL1 supercharged/heat problems. Very heavy car too.

ZL1 is the superior car stock vs stock, but the 1LE is damn close even with 150hp less, costing 15K less too!! Anyway, GM inflated the hp number, its the same engine as the CTSV and I'm sure its more 556hp than 580. Stupid marketing.
WORD!!
Old 04-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #23
Blueclyde

GM's own timed laps of the ZL1 and 1LE at VIR shows the ZL1 lap time at 6 seconds faster. These are GM test times with factory cars and their test driver. Go check out Yuotube. Not sure how familiar you are with road course racing but that is a relatively significant difference. Lots of things account for the 6 seconds and with the price of the ZL1 this should be expected. That said, the 1LE at sub 3 minutes put down one hell of a lap.

So Mr SSRS55, let's try to keep this simple. You have a 2SS with the 1LE option, which I believe is a $3500 option on that car. Correct?

Ok, here's the question. Now, consider everything that comes in the 1LE package before you just blurt out another response. Here we go...

If I purchase a straight 2SS, can I go to the aftermarket and put all the pieces on my car for $3500 to match what you get in the 1LE package (essentially can I mod it like for like for the same $)???

Here's the pickle you find yourself in... If you say yes somebody can do this then you are admitting you wasted your money on the 1LE option package. If you say no then you and I agree with each other.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #24
CRTZL1
Banned

Working out right now but can't wait to respond to that!
Be back soon!
Old 04-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #25
Blueclyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post

I've had a max build H/C SS professionally done by Livernois Motorsports. It was an awesome car. The sound that came from the exhaust of that car was unmatched. My ZL1 sounds nothing like it and that's one thing I really miss from my SS. I didn't have a gear in the SS and that would have really helped. I find more usable torque from the ZL, especially down low (gear would have helped the SS). From a role both cars are very close to equal but the SS sure sounded better. After having both, I prefer the ZL1. Now the high winding LS7 that is coming in the Z/28, that's going to be the way to go for that car without question.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #26
CRTZL1
Banned

Quote:
GM's own timed laps of the ZL1 and 1LE at VIR shows the ZL1 lap time at 6 seconds faster. These are GM test times with factory cars and their test driver. Go check out Yuotube. Not sure how familiar you are with road course racing but that is a relatively significant difference. Lots of things account for the 6 seconds and with the price of the ZL1 this should be expected. That said, the 1LE at sub 3 minutes put down one hell of a lap.

So Mr SSRS55, let's try to keep this simple. You have a 2SS with the 1LE option, which I believe is a $3500 option on that car. Correct?

Ok, here's the question. Now, consider everything that comes in the 1LE package before you just blurt out another response. Here we go...

If I purchase a straight 2SS, can I go to the aftermarket and put all the pieces on my car for $3500 to match what you get in the 1LE package (essentially can I mod it like for like for the same $)???

Here's the pickle you find yourself in... If you say yes somebody can do this then you are admitting you wasted your money on the 1LE option package. If you say no then you and I agree with each other.
Blurt Blurt Blurt..........

Your question doesn't really warrant an answer cause your resorting to changing the subject of what WE were discussing, which is the 1LE versus the ZL1 but I'll answer it anyways.
Now for the simplified version cause I'm about done wasting my time and words on a simple minded old Man!
You can absolutely make your SS perform like a 1le for 3500 bucks, will you get everything that this 3500 dollar package includes absolutely not.
My Zl1 wheels are worth the package money alone. So did I waste my money absolutely not, it's about convenience also. To get a package done from the factory like the 1LE is just awesome.

You keep refering to Modding your previous SS to make it a comparison to the ZL1 and you can not simply do this for cheap cause there is simply just to much missing, it would yes be very expensive.......... but when your talking the 1 Le, it shares so many of the characteristics of the Z ( esentially your getting a supercharger for 20k more with the Z,thats about it )that simple bolt ons will make it the more cost worthy better choice for peformance and value, Enough said, if you don't know this your foolish.

There is a reason the 1 LE is named the best balanced camaro ever!
Also for educational purposes there is a man named Mark Dickens whos job is to test and try to break things on all these cars and see what improvemnets can be made.
guess what car he prefers..yep the 1LE and thats over the new Z28 as well..
Now your opinions are not going to change cause you love what you have and your partial to it and thats great but your confusing your love for the actual fact...
Sorry man as much as I love the ZL1 ....the 1LE is definitely the winner on value and for thousands less you can make the Z look like it's red headed step child!!
Old 04-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #27
Blueclyde

I'm going to carve through your insults and say that we maybe see things pretty close to the same way based on some of what was in your last response. Your characterization of me is wrong though. I haven't really offered opinions. I've made some statements backed up by facts. Also, the 1LE and ZL1 are totally different cars. I didn't start the comparison. You started to compare the two and yourself declared the 1LE the better value. Doesn't really matter. They're both great cars.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #28
CRTZL1
Banned

I'm done.. your the one who started being smug.. and showing insult..
I was just simply pointing out how wrong you were, and you are but enough said... moving forward!!