Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #29
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
bump ,any news from Canadian citizens?

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #30
Tx1Lt
Mark it ZERO!

Drives: '10 Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
You can run a relay in the line so you can turn your headlights on when you need.
Can you explain this? Which line? What kind of relay? I installed RS hids in my non RS Camaro. I did the spring removal of the switch, but I find the damn auto headlights on sometimes and this runs the hids at low voltage. I think it's blown 2 sets of bulbs already. If you can please let me know how to setup a relay I'd really appreciate it.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #31
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx1Lt View Post
Can you explain this? Which line? What kind of relay? I installed RS hids in my non RS Camaro. I did the spring removal of the switch, but I find the damn auto headlights on sometimes and this runs the hids at low voltage. I think it's blown 2 sets of bulbs already. If you can please let me know how to setup a relay I'd really appreciate it.
Did you install a nonRS to RS headlight harness?
Old 04-20-2013, 10:53 PM   #32
Tx1Lt
Mark it ZERO!

Drives: '10 Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Did you install a nonRS to RS headlight harness?
Yeah, Jon at AAC had the guys make me a harness. Had to solder the wires on the headlights too. I know that low voltage is killing me. That or maybe the ballasts. It's hard to troubleshoot this because last time it happened, I switched out the bulbs, it didn't work, drive around for 2 days, some dude opens my hood and bam they turned on. I'm at a loss here. Maybe there's a loose wire? I had also just washed the car this morning. Maybe the wiring got wet and shorted? There's SO many things it could be in my head. And it's hard to narrow it down, you know?