Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-22-2011, 07:39 PM   #29
40again

Drives: 2011 LS V6 6spd manual Victory Red
To Michaels2011

Check out these pix that I posted of my fog install from our club website:
http://www.freewebs.com/southernmary...bumid=11430413

I took the front fascia off in order to install the Heritage grille and it does makes it SO much easier to intall the fogs. However, NOT recommended for just the fog install as such! Removing the front wheels (and I would suggest the wheel wells) gives you great access to the fog light housings as well as mounting the ballasts and subsequent wiring.

BTW, the kit that I have had the OEM GM plastic housings still in the GM parts bags so I removed the blank cover (used a small screwdriver to GENTLY pry the pre-molded fog light housing tabs away from the blank cover) and then snapped BFX bulb right in. Then you just push the new cover into the housing from the bumper side until all of the tabs snap back into place. This is actually not documented because quite honestly before I knew it the fogs and housings were in and I truthfully forgot to take pix. However, I think from the pix that I did take you can get an idea of the process.

I have some pics of the wiring process that I used under the hood and where I routed the control wire for the relay. I used a BUNCH of wire conduit in order to make the install look as professional as possible. I still need to clean up some conduit mounting but I wanted to give you an idea of MY process asap.

Others may have done this differently but NO ONE as far as I know has posted any pix of the ENTIRE process, just bits and pieces. I finally got fed up and decided to document this process myself and will forward the entire process to BFXenon to see if they can use it for anyone else who is looking at this install.

Regarding Plug and Play, it is for real and the wiring process is actually pretty simple if you map out where you want to run everything, take your time and follow your plan. I went to AUTOZONE (not advertising them by any means since all auto parts places should have these) and bought three different sizes of plastic wire conduit (yes this is the actual name since I kept calling it wiring hose ), wire ties (a tube of over 700 and 6 different sizes since I can always use them at some point), 3M double face tape, a piggyback mini-fuse adaptor for the switch power), some butt splice connectors and additional wire to splice the relay wire.

I haven't yet installed the switch but it is a pretty simple process that I will document as well and add to the album and I'll let you know when they are up. I wanted to finish the rest of the install today although Mother Nature had other ideas! I only have my driveway to work in....

Hope this helps you and anyone else out there using the BFX kit.!

Last edited by 40again; 04-22-2011 at 07:58 PM.
40again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:09 PM   #30
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
You need a new sig with fogs now.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:50 AM   #31
40again

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Stephens= View Post
You need a new sig with fogs now.
Once the time is right I will get with Hazman.....
Old 04-23-2011, 05:51 AM   #32
Michaels2011

Drives: 2014 2lt/RS
Looks good, thanks for the info
Michaels2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #33
40again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaels2011 View Post
Looks good, thanks for the info
Just finished everything, took a bunch of pix of the wiring process, especially inside and will post them to the album link that I gave you before.

BTW, the 8000K that I bought to match my HID headlights look absolutely fantastic! Again, took my time with the wiring and documented everything. Turned on the switch after I crossed my fingers and thankfully everything works just fine. It pays to take your time and as I said before have a good plan in place, the supplies and tools that you need and the process is painless.