Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 07-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #1
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Cold Air Inductions Inc. customers going to Fest PLEASE READ!

We would like to have some CAI Inc. customers park their cars around our booth at the fest this year. We will already have one of our cars there with a black V8 system, ultimately I would like to have each CAI option represented, so we will need the following:

- 501-1099-10 (Near Chrome finish on a V8) TAKEN BY Del's12SS
- 501-1036-10 or 501-1036-12 (Near Chrome finish on a V6) TAKEN BY snymat68
- 501-1036-10B or 501-1036-12B (Black Finish on a V6) TAKEN BY Colt
- Any Supercharged V8 with a Near Chrome CAI
- Any Supercharged V8 with a Black CAI Tentatively taken by Smkymts

**For the Near Chrome we would really prefer it to actually be the "Near Chrome" finish that we have been doing in the last year, as opposed the old polished look, that way new customers can see what they would actually be getting should they choose to purchase one**

IF we have our finished ZL1 system in hand by time for the Fest we would like to have a ZL1 there as well, but we won't know that until last minute. TAKEN BY BECKY FROM RODGERS

We understand that you may be racing during part of the day, etc. so your car will be able to get in and out if needed. We just ask that you leave it by the booth for as much of the day as possible on both Friday and Saturday, it doesn't have to be there both days but the more we can have it parked there the better. It's really nice for customers to be able to see the system installed in person and it answers a lot of questions that people have.

Just post up a picture of your car/engine bay and we'll take a look!

Last edited by Sales @ CAI Inc; 07-29-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
We would like to have some CAI Inc. customers park their cars around our booth at the fest this year. We will already have one of our cars there with a black V8 system, ultimately I would like to have each CAI option represented, so we will need the following:

- 501-1099-10 (Near Chrome finish on a V8)
- 501-1036-10 or 501-1036-12 (Near Chrome finish on a V6)
- 501-1036-10B or 501-1036-12B (Black Finish on a V6)
- Any Supercharged V8 with a Near Chrome CAI
- Any Supercharged V8 with a Black CAI

**For the Near Chrome we would really prefer it to actually be the "Near Chrome" finish that we have been doing in the last year, as opposed the old polished look, that way new customers can see what they would actually be getting should they choose to purchase one**

IF we have our finished ZL1 system in hand by time for the Fest we would like to have a ZL1 there as well, but we won't know that until last minute.

We understand that you may be racing during part of the day, etc. so your car will be able to get in and out if needed. We just ask that you leave it by the booth for as much of the day as possible on both Friday and Saturday, it doesn't have to be there both days but the more we can have it parked there the better. It's really nice for customers to be able to see the system installed in person and it answers a lot of questions that people have.

Just post up a picture of your car/engine bay and we'll take a look!

IF (and that's a huge IF) you have the ZL1 version done, I'll buy the hot lady and take off the fat lady (or you can) right then.
And yes I'd leave it by your booth if you'd like.
2013 ZL1 Vert, black.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
You can count me in for the V6 Near Chrome version.
Let me know the specifics.
Attached Images

Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #4
steveo9043

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS Coupe
is there a way to tell if it is the polished or near chrome version? I think I have the polished its been a little over a year since i bought it. (end of Feb 2012)... wow that's almost been a year and a half now! Guess it's polished.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
You know Ruby will be glad to park there anytime if needed, in between racing.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #6
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
IF (and that's a huge IF) you have the ZL1 version done, I'll buy the hot lady and take off the fat lady (or you can) right then.
And yes I'd leave it by your booth if you'd like.
2013 ZL1 Vert, black.
Thanks man, I appreciate it, no matter how it goes you can come park by us and hang out Maybe we can have a few cold ones in the parking lot together!

I actually just talked to Becky like 15 minutes ago. Since she is our "test car" and has been gracious enough to drive her car out to our shop 3 different times now and keep it here for weeks at a time, we promised her the first one, and at that point we will have only 1 complete kit. We hope to have real good news for the ZL1 platform next week, but I'm not saying anything until its in front of me on a dyno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post
You can count me in for the V6 Near Chrome version.
Let me know the specifics.
Sounds good to me, I'll count you in!! Can you shoot me an email at bhylton@coldairinductions.com so I can respond with details. THANKS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo9043 View Post
is there a way to tell if it is the polished or near chrome version? I think I have the polished its been a little over a year since i bought it. (end of Feb 2012)... wow that's almost been a year and a half now! Guess it's polished.
Polished will be tube only and your air box and lid will be raw aluminum if you have the old version. "Near Chrome" it will all match and look like the guys who posted above. Make sure to stop by and say hi!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
You know Ruby will be glad to park there anytime if needed, in between racing.
Thanks! You know your always welcome at our booth!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #7
HDRDTD

Quote:
Thanks man, I appreciate it, no matter how it goes you can come park by us and hang out Maybe we can have a few cold ones in the parking lot together!

Even if I still have the fat lady installed?
I could park next to Becky so people could compare the fat lady to the hot lady (Becky), (and to the CAI on Becky's car)
Kind of a 'Before & After' .
Old 07-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #8
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
If you want to see one of the very first CAI's James ever made let me know. I still have the one he sent Ted for the cai test in 2009.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #9
Cody6.2

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
If you want to see one of the very first CAI's James ever made let me know. I still have the one he sent Ted for the cai test in 2009.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:29 AM   #10
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Even if I still have the fat lady installed?
I could park next to Becky so people could compare the fat lady to the hot lady (Becky), (and to the CAI on Becky's car)
Kind of a 'Before & After' .
Hmmm, not sure if I want that lady around lol. We don't want and chick fights between the 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
LOL, I think I have seen it before as I believe we have met at an event or two in the past.

That may be the first 5th Gen Camaro CAI he made, but we have actually been making and selling CAI's for other vehicles since 2004. The first one he ever made was for a Grand Prix GTP, that's how this whole business started! We should stick that one in a CAI Inc. museum or something
Old 07-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #11
HDRDTD

Quote:
Hmmm, not sure if I want that lady around lol. We don't want and chick fights between the 2
Chick fight, chick fight.......!!!!

I stopped by to see her yesterday, but she wasn't in. Out learning how to race her car somewhere. I think she's practicing for the autocross.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #12
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Chick fight, chick fight.......!!!!

I stopped by to see her yesterday, but she wasn't in. Out learning how to race her car somewhere. I think she's practicing for the autocross.
Yea the last time I saw her she was on the way to an Autocross, maybe she's going to go pro!! All I know is that I wouldn't mess with her on the track, seems like she's really honing her skills!!
Old 07-19-2013, 09:07 AM   #13
HDRDTD

Quote:
Yea the last time I saw her she was on the way to an Autocross, maybe she's going to go pro!! All I know is that I wouldn't mess with her on the track, seems like she's really honing her skills!!
Yes, she's over at Gingermans, but I'm not going to make any comment about Becky turning Pro.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #14
Del's12SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
Is this the "new" version?
Attached Images

Tags
cai, cold air inductions inc, cold air intake