Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-03-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
Markal
White Lightnin

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro LS
Fastest Car in the World

SSC Aero....based on a Chevrolet V8 small block with twin turbos. Yeah...it beats out the V12's and V16's from Europe (Guiness World records) Yeah the Bugatti Veyron fast but uses 16 cylinders and 4 turbos (German made)....Nuff said!!!
American inginuity...we can do more with less.....love it....live it....accept it...we are the best...and always will be....well, maybe...most of the time....sometimes....oh hell!...all the time!!!
Markal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:27 PM   #2
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Chevy is king of all cars
Old 08-03-2010, 11:33 PM   #3
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Hmmmmm............

SSC Aero weighs 2850lbs

Bugatti weighs 4162lbs

That weight makes a hell of a difference but the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport has already reclaimed the title

As production of the Bugatti Veyron winds toward its eventual conclusion, Bugatti has created what is likely to be the ultimate version of its world-beating hypercar: the Super Sports. Bugatti sent its official test driver Pierre Henri Raphanel out on Volkswagen's Ehra-Lessian high-speed oval with the first Super Sports to see just what it could do. With representatives of the Guinness book of records and German Technical Inspection Agency (TÜV) on hand, Raphanel made passes around the big oval in both directions.

With output bumped up from 1,001 horsepower to 1,200 horsepower, torque swelling to 1,106 pound-feet and a revised aerodynamic kit, Raphanel managed runs of 265.9 and 269.8 mph for an average terminal velocity of 267.81 mph and a new world record for a production car.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/04/b...ord-at-267-81/
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #4
Ringo
Politically incorrect

Drives: 2SS/RS
If you knew how this car was made, and the materials it was made from, you'd forget all about the SSC. There's no comparison. There was a show on the National Geographic channel some time ago about the Veyron being built from start to finish. About a 5 week process for one car. It's more airplane construction than automotive construction. Chevy is good, but the king of all cars?

Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:12 AM   #5
HeHasReturned

Drives: GTI
:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:
HeHasReturned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:47 AM   #6
Markal
White Lightnin

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro LS
I REPEAT...the Bugatti Veyron 16 cylinders and FOUR TURBOS.....yeah....twice as much weight because the engine is sooo big and an ugly front nose that looks like a urinal.......the SSC AERO Chevy has 8 cylinders and Two Turbos and still holds it own.....again....nuff said! More or bigger is not always better. The SSC Aero is not done yet.....it will come back as number one! German tecs are not better than U.S. technicians ....we've already proven this......Chevy and yes even Ford rules real racing cars...both American Made! Don't even mention F1...O.K. right, Euro high tech.....Ferrari, McLarren, Lotus, Toyota, ELF.....C,Mon.....Sorry, Indy Cars and even NASCAR leave all them behind......Americans are the true racers and will always win!

Someone said, "No comparison" ......get real!!! This is for the fastest production car in the world......The SSC Aero is there....it is for REAL and American made.
Cost of a Bugatti....close to 2 million.
Cost of an Aero.....just over 500 thousand.....
What a deal!!! You could own 4 Aero's for one Bugatti......
Man...to own just one of each.......my head is spinin.......except....I'd auction off the Bugatti and keep the Aero.
Do you really think Europe has better technicians and a better quality approach to their cars then we have in the U.S.? Sorry, I don't!!!

Last edited by Markal; 08-04-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Markal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:12 AM   #7
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markal View Post
I REPEAT...the Bugatti Veyron 16 cylinders and FOUR TURBOS.....yeah....twice as much weight because the engine is sooo big and an ugly front nose that looks like a urinal.......the SSC AERO Chevy has 8 cylinders and Two Turbos and still holds it own.....again....nuff said! More or bigger is not always better. The SSC Aero is not done yet.....it will come back as number one! German tecs are not better than U.S. technicians ....we've already proven this......Chevy and yes even Ford rules real racing cars...both American Made! Don't even mention F1...O.K. right, Euro high tech.....Ferrari, McLarren, Lotus, Toyota, ELF.....C,Mon.....Sorry, Indy Cars and even NASCAR leave all them behind......Americans are the true racers and will always win!

Someone said, "No comparison" ......get real!!! This is for the fastest production car in the world......The SSC Aero is there....it is for REAL and American made.
Man...to own just one of each.......my head is spinin.......except....I'd auction off the Bugatti and keep the Aero.
Do you really think Europe has better technicians and a better quality approach to their cars then we have in the U.S.? Sorry, I don't!!!

Old 08-04-2010, 01:30 AM   #8
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markal View Post

OK now that I got my laugh out of the way. The engine in the latest SSC is not a GM engine. It is true that the original SSC engine was sourced from a Corvette C5R but the newest one is designed in house. The block is cut from billet aluminum. It is designed purely by SSC themselves.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:43 AM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
And unless the ultimate aero TT got retested, its not the fastest car in the world.

As for the weight argument, weight has very little to do with top speed. Its power and aerodynamics.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:51 AM   #10
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post

As for the weight argument, weight has very little to do with top speed. Its power and aerodynamics.

Very true. I was thinking along the lines of acceleration. Weight can increase drag on tires but the effects would very minimal concerning the top speed.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:56 AM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post
Very true. I was thinking along the lines of acceleration. Weight can increase drag on tires but the effects would very minimal concerning the top speed.
Yeah, plus when they reach those speeds they have to be concerned about lift and downforce. A heavier car needs less downforce since it would need more lift to counter its weight and cause instability. Theoretically, a heavier car could be designed to be more aerodynamic than a lighter car while being equally stable.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:08 AM   #12
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Yeah, plus when they reach those speeds they have to be concerned about lift and downforce. A heavier car needs less downforce since it would need more lift to counter its weight and cause instability. Theoretically, a heavier car could be designed to be more aerodynamic than a lighter car while being equally stable.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:03 AM   #13
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Point being in all... while I and the rest of us here are all proud to be American, this Troll has apparently taken the SSC Aero up to be his cause. Not really sure why he needs to chest thump like crazy about it but its people like him that make the rest of us look uneducated.

The Bugatti is faster, thats it. Not only is it faster, its not a stripped down uncivilized race car the SSC Aero is. Inside its the highest end luxury car you can get which is why it weighs so much.

How do IndyCars and NASCAR leave F1 behind? Two series of which one has basically become a spec series (with JAPANESE engines!) and another that has cookie cutter cars with their balls nipped so they race in packs "for the show" as opposed to the most technologically advanced series in the world (which incidentally gets certain engineering for some parts right here in the USA).

Americans have gone on to the world level in racing? None have won in a really long time excluding Nicky Hayden who was MotoGP World Champion on a JAPANESE bike engineered by EUROPEANS. My Point? WW2 ended over 50 years ago, the Cold War over 20. We are a world culture and everyone seems to be getting along these days especially when it come to technology. Get off the horse and stop trying to take us back 30 years with an uninformed opinion that basically ends with "we are better because... we just are!"
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:20 AM   #14
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
The fastest car in the world is the Bugatti Veyron SS as of now.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote