Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

View Poll Results: Are you happy witht he design of the temp/audio controls
Yes I love them, wouldnt change a thing 44 25.58%
They are a bit wierd, but I can live with it 64 37.21%
No, I hope that they are changed before the car is released 49 28.49%
A real man dosent need a radio, all we need is a gas petal, and a steering wheel 15 8.72%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2007, 12:34 AM   #29
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Yup...back on topic please...

and those are some pretty sweet pix of the Audi's interior as well. Sure hope the Camaro has something as nice as that! Keepin' the faith!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:10 AM   #30
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
I can live with those audio/climate controls. They look fine by me, but I'm sure they will change for the better anyways when it comes down to the production model.

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:10 AM   #31
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
As far as performance, it depends on the model. Yeah, the supercharged Cobalt SS could beat a 2.0T Audi because they make roughly the same power, but the A4 weighs more. But then you're comparing the top Cobalt built for speed to the base Audi built for a combination of performance and comfort. The 3.2 would be a bigger challenge, and the Audi would likely win, especially if it is from a stop (oh the wonders of AWD do for a launch). Once you get to the S4 and RS4, those are some pretty quick cars, no doubt about it.
Actually, I was driving a 2.2L ECOTEC. That's right. It was a 2005 base Cobalt—not even an LS. He got waxed by the lowest Cobalt he could find. It was really an embarrassment.

Anyway, I agree that there's no comparing a truck to a sedan, but from what I've seen, I didn't particularly like the style of his A4. I don't remember the year, but it was recent. Interiors are a thing of personal preference, and in the pictures above, I think the carbon fiber is tacky. It's a 16-year-old Honda driver's thing to put carbon fiber in the interior. I saw it all the time in high school and college. I'd rather see chrome or very light color matching like the Camaro or maybe a little wood like in my buddy's old Cadillac STS. I like the Audi pedals, but the dash shape is average. My roommate's Maxima has a more appealing shape. The center is nice with the screen, but I could have done exactly the same in my Cobalt if I went aftermarket for a screen. Even the air vents look normal. At least an F150 has round ones some of the time to give dimension to the dash. The truth is, Audi interiors have the same shapes as any other interiors—rectangles with a dome over the dash gauges. They may be some of the classiest cars in the world, but I wouldn't buy one for the dash. They have other winning attributes, though—great reputation, fast, good leather, good enough engines, pretty exteriors.

As far as the Camaro, I want a computer readout somewhere, like Pontiacs have with the Grand Prix. I also want the radio to look cool so I don't have to find some mismatched unit by a name brand like Alpine to make it any good. I already have plans to keep it looking OEM even if the parts under the plastic are all aftermarket. I don't want to change those plans too much.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:48 AM   #32
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I like the Audi pedals, but the dash shape is average. My roommate's Maxima has a more appealing shape. The center is nice with the screen, but I could have done exactly the same in my Cobalt if I went aftermarket for a screen. Even the air vents look normal. At least an F150 has round ones some of the time to give dimension to the dash. The truth is, Audi interiors have the same shapes as any other interiors—rectangles with a dome over the dash gauges. They may be some of the classiest cars in the world, but I wouldn't buy one for the dash.
LMAO....anyways, I suppose it is a matter of personal preference.......

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY

Last edited by Jay; 01-01-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:25 PM   #33
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Actually, I was driving a 2.2L ECOTEC. That's right. It was a 2005 base Cobalt—not even an LS. He got waxed by the lowest Cobalt he could find. It was really an embarrassment.
Dude, then he wasn't racing. I can guarantee it.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:53 PM   #34
Just a Skidmark
original senior member

Drives: 1993 s10 tahoe 4.3L v6 tbi
yeah, don't know if I'll be eaten alive for saying this, but now I also want an audi. Whew, beautiful interiors
Just a Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:32 PM   #35
HotRodEwe
lost my mind...

Drives: 86 95 69 camaros 09 challenger
i knew some one who won many a street race in a stock cobalt .. lil thing's are quick
Old 02-03-2008, 10:49 PM   #36
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
It didn't hurt that he had passengers and I didn't. Also, I should have mentioned I was slightly modified, but, even still, I probably deserved someone to raise the BS flag. It does sound like a pretty ridiculous story. I should add that he's a pretty bad driver. It was a mismatch and I won—yay for me.

I still believe anyone with a decent trim kit can match an Audi interior. Other than the doors, an Audi matches any car in its class, which includes the latest Cadillac, Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, and Buick luxury models. They all look hot because they're all expensive and well-designed.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:48 PM   #37
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Skidmark View Post
yeah, don't know if I'll be eaten alive for saying this, but now I also want an audi. Whew, beautiful interiors
I cant blame you....lol... and no one will bash on you for that... audi's are simply amazing cars inside and out.... pricey though.... If I dont pick up the Camaro for some f'ed up reason.... then, A5/S5 here i come!

What does everyone think of the audio/temp controls now that we have some prototype pictures.... I mean im still not feelin em....but at the same time could live with it given rest of th interior is nice..... and maybe just do a custom job to that area later.

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:38 AM   #38
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Forget Audi's... I'll blow them away any day lol.

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:52 AM   #39
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
A real man dosent need a radio, all we need is a gas petal, and a steering wheel

I'm not in love with the controls, however I like the colors and the layout seems pretty nice. Honestly, I'm not much of a stereo guy, so as long as it's good and loud, I'll be happy. I'm not planning on ordering navagation (assuming that a top-of-the-line stereo will be available without navagation) but I'd like a TOL stereo with steering wheel controls.

I'll be listening to the supercharger (please, please, please) and the exhaust more anyways

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:45 PM   #40
COPO_Chevy

Drives: 2015 Malibu 1LT; '87 Grand Prix LE
Send a message via MSN to COPO_Chevy
IMHO i love the controls and how retro they went with the car and its design implaments extirior and interior..again just my opinion..
COPO_Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:24 AM   #41
JustinZS

Drives: waitin on 2010 !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by COPO_Chevy View Post
IMHO i love the controls and how retro they went with the car and its design implaments extirior and interior..again just my opinion..
Me too! They stuck closely enough to the concept for me. Also I think people are making snap judgments based on the interior pics that showed a taped-together-for-testing-purposes interior. The production one is bound to look better!

And yea Audi interiors are awesome but they just wouldn't look or feel right in the Camaro.
JustinZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:16 PM   #42
COPO_Chevy

Drives: 2015 Malibu 1LT; '87 Grand Prix LE
Send a message via MSN to COPO_Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinS View Post
Me too! They stuck closely enough to the concept for me. Also I think people are making snap judgments based on the interior pics that showed a taped-together-for-testing-purposes interior. The production one is bound to look better!
We'll for me i love classic cars and loved the way they incorperated some hints of '69 in her(also fav. year for the camaro). And for us to be hinted at that the new camaro interior is going to b better than the concepts' is going to blow my mind away they'v already done an excellent job on the extiorior and im sure they will get the interior to match and yes its to be expected to have cheaply done interior in test mules and prepro's...thats exactly what there name implies.."pre" which means of course, not done interior and the liking. i absolutely do think people are over speculating on things just a bit and doing it based on a preproduction model...which IMO is not a great thing...doesnt show all of what the actual model will intail.... but at any rate people have the right to show "opinions" i guess...no matter how big or small but yes im absolutly loving were this care is going all around as always keep up the excellent work GM!
COPO_Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote