Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 11-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #43
cmiller8006

Drives: 2009 Cobalt SS/TC
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2camaross View Post
i guess so, well i kno what it runs. ill just try for a better reaction time
Next time sit at the light for a minute before going, then they will say your to slow of the line and dont count.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:40 PM   #44
o2camaross

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 04 silvy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiller8006 View Post
Next time sit at the light for a minute before going, then they will say your to slow of the line and dont count.
Lol I guess Ill split the time in two an wait 30 seconds and see what I can do
Old 11-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #45
o2camaross

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 04 silvy
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemaSSon View Post
DAMN THAT IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!

It is fantastic to see such great times with so little done.

Is the Intake the Street or Race?

EDIT FOR THE RED LIGHT DEBATE:

Make a poll and let the members vote. I say if it is a POSITVE light then it is good. The tree operators often program a .500 light and not the FULL TREE .000 light which is what it looks like happened here. He cut a .4089 POSITVE LIGHT! For Test n Tunes it's ALWAYS a FULL TREE not a .500 tree.
I have the street intake but im thinking of getting the race upgrade bc of the pretty cover lol
Old 11-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #46
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ty8 ls1 View Post
i agree with everyone else. i red lighted by .030 of a second i think (not looking at my slip right now). and yes, if it were a competition race, i would have lost. but disqualifying times on a FAST LIST, which is a comparison of what the CARS do and not the DRIVER, is just ridiculous. My car would have gone the 12.90 weather i waited or not. In my opinion (as well as others it seems) it is totally unfair to disqualify slips based on RT. Bad dates, i can understand as well as other inconsistencies. But actually taking people off of the list because of a red light? I'm sorry, but i didn't know i was racing other people on a car forum. I thought i was trying my best to compare car to car no matter what time someone left the line. 1320 Junkie of all people should know that the RT doesn't matter when it comes to ET's. As the 1/4 mile fast list rules state, there is no mention of RT anywhere except when timeslips are posted because that's the only piece of information where a RT is noted. There is no point in changing the rules now unless you want a bunch of unhappy racers that never knew that the reaction time counted. IMO this stipulation should have been posted before the list even started. I would like for him to post in this thread about the red lighting situation because it honestly makes no sense to account for RT's when doing a fast list. That's not my opinion, just fact.
I've got to disagree. The NHRA record books are missing thousands of names of guys that ran killer times, but red lighted. It just doesn't count if you red light when racing. When you were in High school running track,
did they not disqualify you if you jumped the gun, yes. It's the same thing.
Tell me this, when you are at the line, you jump and see the red light come on. Are you not pissed with yourself? Yes. Why? Because you cheated. Yes, cheated. If you are the driver in the other lane that cuts a good light
and the driver next to you red lights and beats you across the line. Who do you say won the race. I guarantee that you tell everyone that you won the race. Why, because the other guy cheated and jumped the gun, giving him
an unfair advantage. That's why the record books aren't cluttered up with guys that red lighted. All the pleading and begging in the world won't get them to count a red light run, no matter how fast you are.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:59 PM   #47
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Looks like I dropped the ball. Here is the final word. No redlights in the "official fast list". Official by interpretation means everything about the run is legit, once you redlight that run doesnt matter, except for that driver caring about the time they ran. What I will do is make another fastlist"unofficial" that allows the fastest runs(regardless of red lights) and times to be corrected for DA. But those times will not be on the "Official Fast List". Key word is "official", sorry I can't make everyone happy with this one. SGOS252382, if you want to make a thread with the unofficial fastest times I will sticky it. We do respect all fast times, but for the run to be on the official list it has to be a good run from start to finish. As for the date thing I understand that others may have seen the run etc. but to allow that wouldnt be fair to others who have tried to submit theirs and had something out of order on their time slip.

Thanks for you alls understanding,

Junkie
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #48
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Those are official rules for an official league. This is a forum to compare E/T's.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:18 PM   #49
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
Those are official rules for an official league. This is a forum to compare E/T's.
Refer to my above post please, that's the way it's going to be handled. Not trying to sound harsh at all.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #50
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Looks like I dropped the ball. Here is the final word. No redlights in the "official fast list". Official by interpretation means everything about the run is legit, once you redlight that run doesnt matter, except for that driver caring about the time they ran. What I will do is make another fastlist"unofficial" that allows the fastest runs(regardless of red lights) and times to be corrected for DA. But those times will not be on the "Official Fast List". Key word is "official", sorry I can't make everyone happy with this one. SGOS252382, if you want to make a thread with the unofficial fastest times I will sticky it. We do respect all fast times, but for the run to be on the official list it has to be a good run from start to finish. As for the date thing I understand that others may have seen the run etc. but to allow that wouldnt be fair to others who have tried to submit theirs and had something out of order on their time slip.

Thanks for you alls understanding,

Junkie
Well, it is certainly your choice, but nobody on the "official" list is racing anybody, these times are for comparison purposes. Some run in better conditions than others, but that doesn't change the fact that they get to be higher on the list. It is an incomplete list if you take off those times that are redlights, or the date is not set correctly at the track. The fact is that NONE of the times on the list are official in any way, you are ALWAYS taking the posters word that he ran those times. People can tell you whatever slip belongs to whatever car and you would never know. If you believe someone that a given slip belongs to a given driver, why not believe someone with a verified story about an incorrect date at the track?

Trying to police the list with such scrutiny when you can't actually verify any of the data is sort of pointless.

As for the redlights, some people go to the track just to see how fast they can get their car to go, and don't have any interest in r/t, bracket racing, etc. I understand this is not the way drag races are won, but if we are trying to compare the cars, I don't think it is fair to exclude redlighted runs as it does not affect the ET, as we all know. Just my $0.02.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:55 PM   #51
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
Well, it is certainly your choice, but nobody on the "official" list is racing anybody, these times are for comparison purposes. Some run in better conditions than others, but that doesn't change the fact that they get to be higher on the list. It is an incomplete list if you take off those times that are redlights, or the date is not set correctly at the track. The fact is that NONE of the times on the list are official in any way, you are ALWAYS taking the posters word that he ran those times. People can tell you whatever slip belongs to whatever car and you would never know. If you believe someone that a given slip belongs to a given driver, why not believe someone with a verified story about an incorrect date at the track?

Trying to police the list with such scrutiny when you can't actually verify any of the data is sort of pointless.

As for the redlights, some people go to the track just to see how fast they can get their car to go, and don't have any interest in r/t, bracket racing, etc. I understand this is not the way drag races are won, but if we are trying to compare the cars, I don't think it is fair to exclude redlighted runs as it does not affect the ET, as we all know. Just my $0.02.
Thanks for your opinion. I guess you will be paying attention to the unofficial list that is being made now rather than the official list after it is edited.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #52
Stooph

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS
I personally think that a poll should be put up to allow every member of this forum decide. It's the people's voice and it's supposed to be a friendly community but what community is it if people don't get the right to choose. I say to be legitimately fair throw up a poll and let people decide how they want things to be counted.

2010 2SS Cyber Grey Metallic Camaro
Stooph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:49 PM   #53
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stooph View Post
I personally think that a poll should be put up to allow every member of this forum decide. It's the people's voice and it's supposed to be a friendly community but what community is it if people don't get the right to choose. I say to be legitimately fair throw up a poll and let people decide how they want things to be counted.
the decision has already been made.

Sorry guys, but having 2 lists should be enough to accommodate everyone here.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:50 PM   #54
Stooph

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS
Why was a decision made without everyone's say?

2010 2SS Cyber Grey Metallic Camaro
Stooph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #55
1320junkie

The rules are in place if you dont want to submit your times because you disagree, dont.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:38 PM   #56
m1tankr

Drives: '69 Camaro RS LM-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I see what your saying and you have some good points. But, for me I've been drag racing a long time with my friends and we never even look at a time if you red lighted. I look at it this way. If you were racing you would have lost.
And why are we all trying to make these cars go faster? It's to win. I've seen it in the other light many times. The slower car wins because he's a better driver. A car is useless without a driver.
But it's the fastest Camaro list, not the best driver list. It's Camaro5.com, not better bestcamarodriver.com. Most of us use the list to see about what these cars may be capable of w/what mods. I could care less who the driver is or how good they are. And the huge majority of us aren't making our cars faster to win an event, otherwise we'd be hosed since how fast the car is has nothing to do with how much it wins at the 1/4 track. All of the heads up classes are way faster than any of these cars. The faster car isn't the most winning one at the track, especially 1/4 mile track. If it was an NHRA record list, I could understand.

Since the rule hasn't been followed yet, it apparently isn't really a rule. I appreciate you guys keeping the list, but you haven't been following your own rules. Just put an asterisk next to all the red light runs. Otherwise, 2 different lists. I'd bet that almost no one would be checking the not-fastest-camaro-list-but-best-NHRA run list tho'.
m1tankr is offline   Reply With Quote