Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 09:27 AM   #589
Mike@DS

Drives: 99 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capthowdy View Post
I am a tech at a shop in fla.I have a tech II and a gm flashing subscrip on gm's site.. When I update a ecm or all the modules on a car or truck it shows me what versions are there have been there and what should be there!!!
Nobody is questioning that.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:38 AM   #590
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capthowdy View Post
I am a tech at a shop in fla.I have a tech II and a gm flashing subscrip on gm's site.. When I update a ecm or all the modules on a car or truck it shows me what versions are there have been there and what should be there!!!
Question is: 1) can you detect if the ECM has been flashed with a custom tune and reflashed back to stock before bringing it in for service? 2) if so, how is it detected?
Old 07-06-2010, 04:05 PM   #591
robnapier

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Has anyone on here ever experienced a denial of coverage on warranty work due to a Trinity, Superships, etc after reverting back to stock?

Is there a single case yet of first hand experience - not rumors or hearsay?

(OK, I admit I didn't read the ENTIRE thread for this info. Sorry if it's in here somewhere)
Old 07-06-2010, 04:29 PM   #592
Mike@DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnapier View Post
Has anyone on here ever experienced a denial of coverage on warranty work due to a Trinity, Superships, etc after reverting back to stock?

Is there a single case yet of first hand experience - not rumors or hearsay?

(OK, I admit I didn't read the ENTIRE thread for this info. Sorry if it's in here somewhere)
Don't bother, there is no such proof

(I just saved you a lot of reading!)
Old 07-06-2010, 04:58 PM   #593
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport View Post
Don't bother, there is no such proof

(I just saved you a lot of reading!)
Either way...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 07-06-2010, 05:29 PM   #594
Mike@DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Either way...
NEVER, in my years in this industry, have I run across moderators who give advertisers a hard time like this. I have to say I am very disappointed in this, and will have to suggest once again that we stop spending money here if this continues.

I am in no way asking for special treatment, or for you to allow me to make outlandish statements, but rather to allow users to decide these things on their own. For whatever reason, people DO believe that just because you are a moderator, that you therefore know 'something' that the rest of us don't, which I find is RARELY the case, if ever at all.

I did not mind you guys stepping into these threads when you were not asking for money to be here, but now that we are paying, show some respect.

When the header manufacturers post up their header gains, do you start posting in those threads telling everyone that if they buy that product, it will void their warranty?
Do you cry BS when other vendors post up dyno numbers?
No? then stop messing with us.

Thank You, and please pass this post onto the rest of the Admin and Mod staff.

FYI, I am not the only advertiser that feels this way. Seems many of your current advertisers came here fromLS1tech, and many of them are seeing and reporting the same findings I have.
May be time for a change.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:46 PM   #595
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
NEVER, in my years in this industry, have I run across moderators who give advertisers a hard time like this. I have to say I am very disappointed in this, and will have to suggest once again that we stop spending money here if this continues.

I am in no way asking for special treatment, or for you to allow me to make outlandish statements, but rather to allow users to decide these things on their own. For whatever reason, people DO believe that just because you are a moderator, that you therefore know 'something' that the rest of us don't, which I find is RARELY the case, if ever at all.

I did not mind you guys stepping into these threads when you were not asking for money to be here, but now that we are paying, show some respect.

When the header manufacturers post up their header gains, do you start posting in those threads telling everyone that if they buy that product, it will void their warranty?

FYI, I am not the only advertiser that feels this way. Seems many of your current advertisers came here fromLS1tech, and many of them are seeing and reporting the same findings I have.
My only intent is to PROTECT all members who are concerned with their warranty. No one, as yet, to my knowledge, has been able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that GM can't see changes made to the electronics by outside companies. I have not attacked anyone regarding this subject. When that proof is provided, by a third party or GM, then the case can be put to rest, IMVHO. I believe that I am consistant with other Mods' in this thread. If the Administrator decides my actions are in conflict, then I will change my attitude. I'm not going to comment to your other points.

And yes - I have used your products in the past with success...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 07-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #596
DSteck
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06
While there's no proof of warranty denial... how many cases of engine or transmission failure on a tuned vehicle have there been? Zero warranty denials don't mean much when there's zero applicable cases.

If you go in because your turn signal doesn't work, they aren't going to check to see if you have a tune. If you have a paint defect, they aren't going to check to see if you have a tune. If you have a vibration at 60mph, they aren't going to check to see if you have a tune. If you have a hole in the side of the block... Well, now they'll finally check.

I need a "stir the pot" smiley.

I've still got a Benjamin that says a 2010 Camaro that's been Predator tuned and reverted to stock will throw a flag. Previous vehicles (05-09 Vettes, G8s, GTOs, whatever) won't (but ANY flash utility will be able to return those to stock and remain undetected).
Old 07-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #597
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
My personal opinion is if you don't like our comments, go ahead. We don't mind. But over and over again I have said I have nothing but respect for you guys. However my priority is to the members first and letting them get the entire truth. If yours isn't then that's you perogative. However, I don't like threats of any kind. So I ask you not to blackmail us with this "I'll stop paying" stuff. It won't work here.
I am in no way asking for special treatment, or for you to allow me to make outlandish statements, but rather to allow users to decide these things on their own.
You are asking for special treatment when you ask us not to step in on your claims. I'm sorry, but I also want the members to get all the information they can get. Tunning your car is enough to get your warranty voided, there is no doubt about that. Whether it's true that reflashing will make the previous tune undetectable is something which we are still discussing. As far I am concerned there has been no proof of this being tue or false. So I always expect the worse.
For whatever reason, people DO believe that just because you are a moderator, that you therefore know 'something' that the rest of us don't, which I find is RARELY the case, if ever at all.
Well in this case we know more than you think we do.

We show the same respect whether you are paying or not. You're paying for privilages to sell here not for us to not discuss your product.

No, because it generally isn't true except for LT's in some cases, and everyone seems to be ok with that fact.
Sometimes. Most of the time we have independent tests to prove this so the numbers speak for themselves
If I recall you are not the OP....?

done and done
We'll change when we feel that vendors can run a forum while still giving members the full stories or options. Whenever we feel like no longer protecting members from possible scams (not saying that you guys are scamming anyone), exploits, or half truths then we will change and let you guys run this. Untill now, we are entusiasts like everyone else here looking out for each other.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:05 PM   #598
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Perhaps, if GM put proper parts in the vehicle and didn't dumb down the performance there wouldn't be a need to upgrade and change the tune on the SS after driving it for only 30days.

As for me, I'll be upgrading everything on the vehicle I can possible afford, so I can have a Camaro SS that performs like it should.

And, my Diablo Trinity will store my stock tune so I can replace it when I get GM to do my oil changes. LOL
Old 07-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #599
obzidian

Drives: 98 camaro turbo
I just wouldn't take the chance. Though it would be great if the service department/GM tech was a bit more sincere and actually took account of what actually CAUSED the damage and judge it by accordingly it is just to risky, if you value your warranty, to take the chance.

Fix that and we wouldn't be having these discussions. It is what it is.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:12 AM   #600
69lt1bird

Drives: 1969 Pontiac Firebid
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Perhaps, if GM put proper parts in the vehicle and didn't dumb down the performance there wouldn't be a need to upgrade and change the tune on the SS after driving it for only 30days.

As for me, I'll be upgrading everything on the vehicle I can possible afford, so I can have a Camaro SS that performs like it should.

And, my Diablo Trinity will store my stock tune so I can replace it when I get GM to do my oil changes. LOL
Lets, see. "I'll be upgrading everything on the vehicle I can possible afford". Must not mean cam, headers, etc.

Because this "my Diablo Trinity will store my stock tune so I can replace it when I get GM to do my oil changes." Will burn up your engine. Good plan.

Once you do real mods that actually add horsepower there is no going back to a "stock" tune without risking serious engine damage.

Michigan Snowmobiler
1969 Firebird: 7.55@97.93 1/8 1.70 60 ft.[/COLOR] EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me
Old 07-07-2010, 06:58 AM   #601
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69lt1bird View Post
Lets, see. "I'll be upgrading everything on the vehicle I can possible afford". Must not mean cam, headers, etc.

Because this "my Diablo Trinity will store my stock tune so I can replace it when I get GM to do my oil changes." Will burn up your engine. Good plan.

Once you do real mods that actually add horsepower there is no going back to a "stock" tune without risking serious engine damage.
I have had my car modded, cam, headers and cai. You are exactly correct my car will not run if it is flashed back to stock, so whats the use in returning it back to stock. The people who tuned my car used EFI Live so if I have to have my car at the dealership then it will have to be re-tune anyway. Price you pay for modding I guess.

This will definetly make you think about modding for sure.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:16 AM   #602
Mike@DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
My only intent is to PROTECT all members who are concerned with their warranty. No one, as yet, to my knowledge, has been able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that GM can't see changes made to the electronics by outside companies. I have not attacked anyone regarding this subject. When that proof is provided, by a third party or GM, then the case can be put to rest, IMVHO. I believe that I am consistant with other Mods' in this thread. If the Administrator decides my actions are in conflict, then I will change my attitude. I'm not going to comment to your other points.

And yes - I have used your products in the past with success...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
We'll change when we feel that vendors can run a forum while still giving members the full stories or options. Whenever we feel like no longer protecting members from possible scams (not saying that you guys are scamming anyone), exploits, or half truths then we will change and let you guys run this. Untill now, we are entusiasts like everyone else here looking out for each other.
The two of you are full of it and you know it.

After searching to no end, neither of you have ever expressed any concern to any other users regarding using a Superchips tool, nor have you posted 'be careful, adding that blower will void your warranty', I could go on and on.

I get PMs from members here wondering why we get beat up so much by the admins, thats nice.

You guys really ought to get off your high horse and find access to the Private Sponsor Forum on LS1tech and see how the rest of your advertiser community feels about your abysmal moderation. They're over there begging the Admins to create a new site to compete with you.

BTW, where are the Admins in this?
Looks like a couple rogue moderators to me....

Closed Thread