Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-09-2010, 08:11 AM   #1
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Response to flash counter sticky thread

Just wondering if Vector or Diablo/Jannetty has responed to the sticky about the flash counter issue? I was finally deciding to go with a mail tune until seeing that thread a couple days ago. I haven't visited this page till now and just noticed the sticky. Thanks!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
Mike@DS

Drives: 99 Z28
Oddly enough I ran across a 3rd party test scheduled to happen with one of the Vendors on the Corvette forum.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-s...arranty-3.html

They will be testing HPt/EFIlive/Predator on a 2010 Camaro.

Last edited by GTAHVIT; 06-09-2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: not needed.
Mike@DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:03 AM   #3
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
If you modify your car YOU have to assume all responsibility for said modifications.

Can the Dealer detect if your car was ever reflashed?, Answer YES.

Will the Dealer check every car the comes in for an oil change or warranty work?
Answer NO! because they won't get paid for it, there is no Warranty operation for this, and they must take it upon themselves to do for the simple reason of voiding your warranty.

Why would a Dealer Do this Operation? You the customer have to give them a reason, Blown engine, Blown Transmission, Blown Rear Axle, and they must suspect Abuse or Tampering, Headers, Shifter, Exhaust mods, Bald Tires, Rubber in the wheel well etc, and the Dealer Wants to collect Customer Pay Labor Rate Rather than Warranty Labor Rate which is typically 75% of Customer Pay.

Why would your Dealer want to Void your Warranty, You gave him a reason.
Don't PISS off your Service Personal.
Don't Go to your Service Department with a Chip on your Shoulder, DON'T DEMANDING ANYTHING, BE NICE! DON'T LIE!

Ted.

Last edited by GTAHVIT; 06-09-2010 at 10:58 AM. Reason: .
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Thanks Ted! Good advice!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport View Post
Oddly enough I ran across a 3rd party test scheduled to happen with one of the Vendors on the Corvette forum.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-s...arranty-3.html

They will be testing HPt/EFIlive/Predator on a 2010 Camaro.

subscribe....

edit: note the dealer tech in that thread who states FACTS from actual experience with the factory diagnostic tools. He does not say just because a bulletin says something, it is true. He has the tools to test those capabilities, unlike many here who simply take it at face value.
/rant.
Thanks Mike! Will follow the thread!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #6
DSteck
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
If you modify your car YOU have to assume all responsibility for said modifications.
Yep.
DSteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #7
DSteck
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06
If it's not fully reverted to a stock file, then it will get picked up if they actually bother to look. I know that HP Tuners has been proven to pass the check sum test so long as it's actually reflashed to the stock file.

I can't comment on counters, though.

Last edited by GTAHVIT; 06-09-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: .
DSteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #8
Mike@DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
If it's not fully reverted to a stock file, then it will get picked up if they actually bother to look. I know that HP Tuners has been proven to pass the check sum test so long as it's actually reflashed to the stock file.

I can't comment on counters, though.
Agreed...we write it back exactly as it was read out.
The big issue is the CVN counter, which, if it is in the new Camaro PCM, can't be bypassed by other tuning packages last time I checked their replies on the topic.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #9
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Can GM see the flashes if they have the need to look? I think that's the question that's at least as important as if the dealer can see the counter. The dealer isn't going to do major warranty repairs unless they know GM will cover it; I can almost care less what the dealer can see. It's what GM can see if they have to look into it.

Subscribed...

PS - I'm with Ted; great insight.
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:10 AM   #10
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Can GM see the flashes if they have the need to look? I think that's the question that's at least as important as if the dealer can see the counter. The dealer isn't going to do major warranty repairs unless they know GM will cover it; I can almost care less what the dealer can see. It's what GM can see if they have to look into it.

Subscribed...

PS - I'm with Ted; great insight.
The rumor is, yes.

Take my car with the tune from THR...

I need to get my PDIM reflashed with the newest update. I am scurred poopless that they will also flash my ECM as well.

I'm also concerned that they will NOT fix the PDIM cus I also tuned my ECM...

I'm guessing the two are unrelated enough that it would matter but I'm still scurred....

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:26 AM   #11
Mike@DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
The rumor is, yes.
Again, it seems the moderators here want to confuse this issue with rumors and no facts....why????
Old 06-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #12
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
The rumor is, yes.

Take my car with the tune from THR...

I need to get my PDIM reflashed with the newest update. I am scurred poopless that they will also flash my ECM as well.

I'm also concerned that they will NOT fix the PDIM cus I also tuned my ECM...

I'm guessing the two are unrelated enough that it would matter but I'm still scurred....

Does Tom have someone he can refer you to closer to you? Maybe they have suggestions regarding this... Please keep me (or us) posted as you know the way I'm thinking about going when the time comes It'd be nice to know how these sorts of things work out

Quote:
Again, it seems the moderators here want to confuse this issue with rumors and no facts....why????
And again, no one says anything about what GM can see. Am I typing in white font?... I've seen no facts to prove this from those who are in opposition to my opinion...
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #13
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Maybe we have been Told by a reliable source that they can and will.

Maybe we don't want to overtly try to take business away from you so we aren't directly saying things that others should say....

Maybe it's not always as easy to be the middle man in situations like these.

So Maybe we are just making sure that everyone gets as much relevant information as possible so they can make an educated decision on what product they should or shouldn't buy.

Maybe you can see it from our side of the issue???
Old 06-09-2010, 12:04 PM   #14
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Does Tom have someone he can refer you to closer to you? Maybe they have suggestions regarding this... Please keep me (or us) posted as you know the way I'm thinking about going when the time comes It'd be nice to know how these sorts of things work out

And again, no one says anything about what GM can see. Am I typing in white font?... I've seen no facts to prove this from those who are in opposition to my opinion...
PCM For Less is the actual tuner. They can and will email me the tune. I can buy the software for my laptop and upload the tunes myself or I can find a tuner here locally and pay them to reflash my ECM with the Tune form PCM....

So I am pretty sure I can make it work. In a pinch I can use the Maggie Hand held tuner and the car will run fine. This while I wait for a reflash of my tune from PCM for less.