Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-11-2009, 10:58 AM   #15
Abygale

Drives: .
Nice work John!
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #16
DFollis

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS
Jhon,

Those are some Awesome nubmers, is there a reason you chose the Dynatech headers over the ARH? It just seems everywhere i look the ARH's are getting better #'s...

What kind of lift is that cam pushing and im assuming the those are 1.6 rockers maybe 1.7..
DFollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #17
DFollis

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS
Oops... Just saw the nubmers a few posts up!
DFollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:16 PM   #18
navyblueSS

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Nice numbers!!
navyblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #19
Will@Apf

Drives: corvette
Nice
Will@Apf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:22 PM   #20
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21STCENTURYMUSCLECARS View Post
Here's the specs you requested;
We have done quite a few of these cams on Forced Induction LS3 MN-6 Cars
with excellent results. Awesome drivability with a nice "chop" excellent TQ,
makes peak power @ 6500 RPM

21CMC F3 Camshaft

227/239
.629/.623
114 lsa

I have another cam in stock that would work well for the automatic without a converter, let me know if I can help you further.

Best Regards,
John Page

Whew That's a lot of cam. What size drive pulley did you use? The lucky owner of that rig has lots of room to grow if he desires. He can go play with the ZR1's as is. Also, what did you use for cats or did you go catless? Sorry for all the questions. Got it right the first time on my vette. Want to do the same on the wife's Camaro.

I think the cam I'm looking for would be between the LS9 cam and the cam mentioned above. Probably closer to the LS9, but difinately bigger.
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #21
21STCENTURY

Drives: Z28/700HP, CTSV/850HP, Viper/725HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by old motorhead View Post
Whew That's a lot of cam. What size drive pulley did you use? The lucky owner of that rig has lots of room to grow if he desires. He can go play with the ZR1's as is. Also, what did you use for cats or did you go catless? Sorry for all the questions. Got it right the first time on my vette. Want to do the same on the wife's Camaro.

I think the cam I'm looking for would be between the LS9 cam and the cam mentioned above. Probably closer to the LS9, but difinately bigger.
It's pretty good sized but is very drivable and most of my customers want the chop, the car has a 3.3 pulley and Dynatech Headers w. Hi flows

I have a LS3 A-6 cam that was spec'd for me, believe it's 223/231 115 lsa
I have not installed it yet but it should be about right for an A-6 car
21STCENTURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:03 PM   #22
Hyp
I've been lost...

Drives: 2010 SW 2SS/RS W/IOM LSA Swap
How much does something like this cost?
Hyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:12 AM   #23
old motorhead

Quote:
It's pretty good sized but is very drivable and most of my customers want the chop, the car has a 3.3 pulley and Dynatech Headers w. Hi flows

I have a LS3 A-6 cam that was spec'd for me, believe it's 223/231 115 lsa
I have not installed it yet but it should be about right for an A-6 car
That's almost the exact cam I used to make 672 in my vette. It took a 2.9" pulley though. Made the power on 8 to 8.5psi. I wonder if the muffs or cats are more restrictive on that Camaro. My Vette has no cats and dual mode NPP mufflers. With the flaps closed, I can see over 9.5 psi, but the power goes way down when boost and exhaust back pressure go up. I wish someone would step up and make a dual mode muffler for the Camaro.

I appreciate your willingness to discuss your cam specs. Most shops won't do that. I won't do business with those that say, "Trust me, you won't have any idea what the cam is, but you'll like it!" I'll probably do the TVS install myself, but I'll give you a shout on the parts for cam,valve train, and exhaust upgrades.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:03 AM   #24
21STCENTURY

Quote:
That's almost the exact cam I used to make 672 in my vette. It took a 2.9" pulley though. Made the power on 8 to 8.5psi. I wonder if the muffs or cats are more restrictive on that Camaro. My Vette has no cats and dual mode NPP mufflers. With the flaps closed, I can see over 9.5 psi, but the power goes way down when boost and exhaust back pressure go up. I wish someone would step up and make a dual mode muffler for the Camaro.

I appreciate your willingness to discuss your cam specs. Most shops won't do that. I won't do business with those that say, "Trust me, you won't have any idea what the cam is, but you'll like it!" I'll probably do the TVS install myself, but I'll give you a shout on the parts for cam,valve train, and exhaust upgrades.
I would say the exhaust is more restrective on the Camaro, a dual mode exhaust would be the ticket, I bet someone has one in the works.

We are really ramping up our Camaro offerings and almost have as many Camaros in the shop as Vettes, including 4 presently getting Magnachargers.

Let me know if I can help you with anything, I would sincerely appreciate your business.

Best Regards,
John Page
Old 11-12-2009, 09:05 AM   #25
21STCENTURY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyp View Post
How much does something like this cost?
Depends on some of the options and exhaust choices, give me a call and we can go over everything and I can outline the options and choices for you.

Best Regards,
John Page
Old 11-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #26
old motorhead

Quote:
I would say the exhaust is more restrective on the Camaro, a dual mode exhaust would be the ticket, I bet someone has one in the works.

We are really ramping up our Camaro offerings and almost have as many Camaros in the shop as Vettes, including 4 presently getting Magnachargers.

Let me know if I can help you with anything, I would sincerely appreciate your business.

Best Regards,
John Page
I wish I was a little closer to your shop. I'd love to come by and see all the eye candy!

It blows me away how folks can look past this system and wait for other rigs that may or may not be any better. I guess I can understand it if your goals are 750+ rwhp and you need a bigger blower. But, for most Camaro owners, the Magnuson TVS is going to be tough to beat. It's equally at home making 450 or pushing things a little to 700+. Works good, looks good, and it doesn't break. Isn't it even EPA approved?
Old 11-13-2009, 12:01 PM   #27
21STCENTURY

Quote:
I wish I was a little closer to your shop. I'd love to come by and see all the eye candy!

It blows me away how folks can look past this system and wait for other rigs that may or may not be any better. I guess I can understand it if your goals are 750+ rwhp and you need a bigger blower. But, for most Camaro owners, the Magnuson TVS is going to be tough to beat. It's equally at home making 450 or pushing things a little to 700+. Works good, looks good, and it doesn't break. Isn't it even EPA approved?
Please do come by when you are in the area and I will give you a tour,
we are pretty proud of our new place and currently have a shop full of
600+ HP Camaros.

Best Regards,
John Page
Twenty First Century Muscle Cars