Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-17-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
SickRS

Drives: 2002 Trans AM WS6
Cancel order???

Guys,

I ordered my Camaro on Oct 31st from Rockenbach Chevy. The sales person did not have a lot of info on the car, infact I had more info on my Laptop. I ordered a 1LT RS with the hurst short throw under what was basically no information except cost. The next week (my day off) I realized that a 1LT is not the car I want. . .Its a 2LT and thats too expensive for my budget right now. I went to cancel the order and I was told I could do so but the GM is the only person that can cancel an order and he wasnt in. So I returned a week later and I was now told that I cant cancel the order until the car gets here. I already know that its the WRONG car so whats the point?? I was stone walled at that point and I'm thinking about challenging the charge for the deposit to get my 500.00 back instead of waiting till March when I know I wont buy the car anyways. I'd rather wait until I can pay for the car I really want to order. I told the sales person this and they still pushed the fact I cant cancel the order. My paper work does not indicate that my deposit is non refundable. . . .

Anyone have any better ideas??? or since I went about it peacefully should I
SickRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
My guess is that he is saying you can't cancel the order until it arrives so that he can still get the car in his hands. The deal with the pre-orders was that they had to be sold cars. I would guess he will give you the deposit back, but wants to make sure he gets the car so he can have it early.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
SickRS

Thats what I figured...but I need the deposit back. Cash in hand right now is better than tied up in an order I dont care about.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:21 PM   #4
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
He's not saying that he won't give you your deposit back, he's saying he can't give it to you until march or whenever he gets the car.
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:26 PM   #5
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickRS View Post
Thats what I figured...but I need the deposit back. Cash in hand right now is better than tied up in an order I dont care about.
I believe there are some other threads that talk about the refund. What I remember is that most state's attorneys require that any deposit be returned upon cancellation of the order.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:29 PM   #6
SickRS

I know that, but they seem to think that by March I'll change my mind. If I already know I dont want the car, I dont want the car...plain and simple. What I ordered was not what I thought it was because they didnt have all the information they should have had. Its not my fault, therefore I dont see a reason they need to keep my depoist. Its like giving out a free loan. . .
Old 12-17-2008, 08:32 PM   #7
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickRS View Post
Guys,

I ordered my Camaro on Oct 31st from Rockenbach Chevy. The sales person did not have a lot of info on the car, infact I had more info on my Laptop. I ordered a 1LT RS with the hurst short throw under what was basically no information except cost. The next week (my day off) I realized that a 1LT is not the car I want. . .Its a 2LT and thats too expensive for my budget right now. I went to cancel the order and I was told I could do so but the GM is the only person that can cancel an order and he wasnt in. So I returned a week later and I was now told that I cant cancel the order until the car gets here. I already know that its the WRONG car so whats the point?? I was stone walled at that point and I'm thinking about challenging the charge for the deposit to get my 500.00 back instead of waiting till March when I know I wont buy the car anyways. I'd rather wait until I can pay for the car I really want to order. I told the sales person this and they still pushed the fact I cant cancel the order. My paper work does not indicate that my deposit is non refundable. . . .

Anyone have any better ideas??? or since I went about it peacefully should I
Total BS! NO orders have been placed. This will not affect their allocation at all...sold orders do not get them any extra cars. Its time for. Tell the GM you want your deposit within two weeks or you will see them in small claims court. Oh, and find another store when you are ready for the 2LT.
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:39 AM   #8
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
This guy is just trying to keep the "sold order" in the system....Go to the dealership and DON'T LEAVE till you have your money in hand....demand to see the GM, the Owner, whoever....make a scene if you have to.

Tell them you don't care if they leave you in the system as a "sold order" but you want your money back NOW.

Stand up, grab your pair, and be a man!!

(and let us know how it goes!)
josh1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:51 AM   #9
MegaZero
VIN# 2G1FC1EV9A9107317

Drives: 2006 Chevy Cobalt
I can't see why the GM can't give you back your deposit. Besides trying to get another car on the lot. I put down my $500 and my dealer said that if I ever had to cancel for any reason or whatever I would get my money back. Even if I had to cancel my order now.

Although I have known my dealer for a number of years through my parents. He doesn't bs any customers we send him or anything. He's a very straight forward person. I'm guessing you just walked into a dealership and just met this guy and made your order?
MegaZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:05 AM   #10
SickRS

I dont have to go anyplace to get my deposit back. I used my Check Card and they processed it as a Visa charge. All I have to do is call the card company and dispute it on the grounds of I want to cancel and they wont let me. I just wanted to make sure that what I'm doing isnt wrong. I've always bought used cars or something off the lot, I've never ordered anything.

Yes I did just walk in and order one...I was actually looking at a Cobalt SS sedan.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #11
99b4c

Drives: 89 RS/99 GTP/1SS soon
I would just open a dispute with the card company, let them know you cancelled the order and you dont have the car.

I would never order from a huge dealer like Rockenbach, you just get the runaround.
99b4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #12
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Tell the GM personally, not through a sales weasel, that you will be contacting your State Attorney General's Office and your cc company if you don't receive a refund check immediately. The law is clear.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:46 PM   #13
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
That dealership is about an hour down the road..... Go get your money.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:45 PM   #14
SickRS

I would, but working the same hours as the dealership its tough to get in there. Why they have to be holes about it, I dont understand. They thought I went someplace else and got a better deal. I even gave them the chance to keep the order and get me a 2LT for the same price as the 1LT since they didnt have all the info they should have had. I even asked the guy if he had a copy of the order workbook and all he had were the print outs from the Chevy launch web page. I should have walked away at that point.